Toronto, Ontario
✟52,315.00
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
In Relationship
Politics
CA-Conservatives
everything was intelligently designed, not a tree of life but a grass field of life, with everything sprouting it's own shoot of the tree of life. The tree of life as held by darwin is false. That which all common descend is based.

I showed this by revealing my quotes on the cambrian explosion.

You haven't showed anything....

I believe that's strike one, is it not?

Upvote 0
U

Ursus scientia

but you believe it was first, so the quotes that apply to rna world still aptly apply. Sad to say.

I do not believe that RNA was the first storage molecule for genetic information, therefore I do not accept the RNA world hypothesis. I do accept that RNA is a molecular catalyst, therefore it was likely a very important biomolecule early on due to its ease of formation and oligomeric stability.

Stop trying to make me say stuff I'm not saying.

Upvote 0

mzungu

INVICTUS
Dec 17, 2010
Earth!
✟24,975.00
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Married
redherring, you are changing the subject from abiogenesis which you are fuzzy on.
I asked you a question. Why are you avoiding answering it. According to ID (creationism) how did life come to be? I want more than God did it. I need the same details any scientific theory would give. I need to know the WHO and the HOW. Do you even know yourself? Why are you avoiding the question?

Upvote 0

createdtoworship

In the grip of grace
Mar 13, 2004
West Coast USA
✟33,173.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
I do not believe that RNA was the first storage molecule for genetic information, therefore I do not accept the RNA world hypothesis. I do accept that RNA is a molecular catalyst, therefore it was likely a very important biomolecule early on due to its ease of formation and oligomeric stability.

Stop trying to make me say stuff I'm not saying.

I don't understand this field as well as a biologist but I still have questions:

do you believe RNA was self replicating? And secondly you said RNA was first Here, not just "early on": "the first molecule"

isn't that changing the bars a little?

http://www.christianforums.com/t7791772-2/#post64637119

Upvote 0

createdtoworship

In the grip of grace
Mar 13, 2004
West Coast USA
✟33,173.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Oh, I know. ;) But it's good practice, right? We all have to deal with people who aren't interested in listening to ideas they're uncomfortable with: may as well make them damn uncomfortable.

you shouldn't cuss on these forums. (athiest)

Upvote 0
U

Ursus scientia

I don't understand this field as well as a biologist but I still have questions:

do you believe RNA was self replicating? And secondly you said RNA was first Here: "the first molecule"

I said it was the first meaningful molecule. The first molecules were likely phospholipids (fats that form vesicles, analogous to cell membranes), but they're not particularly interesting and we know they definitely form on their own.

I don't think it was self replicating, as of itself. Happy to be proven wrong. :)

EDIT: Damn is clearly not a swear. It's uncensored.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

createdtoworship

In the grip of grace
Mar 13, 2004
West Coast USA
✟33,173.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
I said it was the first meaningful molecule. The first molecules were likely phospholipids (fats that form vesicles, analogous to cell membranes), but they're not particularly interesting and we know they definitely form on their own.

I don't think it was self replicating, as of itself. Happy to be proven wrong. :)

okay so tell me more about your first meaningful catalyst.

how did life start?

IYO

Upvote 0

mzungu

INVICTUS
Dec 17, 2010
Earth!
✟24,975.00
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Married
you shouldn't cuss on these forums.
From the Oxford dictionary:

Definition of damn in English

damn

Pronunciation: /dam/
Translate damn | into French | into German | into Italian | into Spanish verb

[with object]
  • 1 (be damned) (in Christian belief) be condemned by God to suffer eternal punishment in hell: I treated her badly and I’ll be damned to hell for it
  • be doomed to misfortune or failure:the enterprise was damned

• 2criticize strongly:the book damns her husband
  • curse (someone or something):she cleared her throat, damning it for its huskiness damn him for making this sound trivial
exclamation

informal
  • expressing anger or frustration:Damn! I completely forgot!
adjective

[attributive] informal used for emphasis, especially to express anger or frustration:turn that damn thing off! [as submodifier]:don’t be so damn silly!

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

mzungu

INVICTUS
Dec 17, 2010
Earth!
✟24,975.00
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Married
I don't know, and neither does anyone else.

If they say that they do they are either lying, or very selfish for not explaining it to the rest of us properly.
Notice how he asks but refuses to answer to the same question? It is common practice for ID (creationism) to attack ToE as if this will prove their God did it hypothesis.

Upvote 0

createdtoworship

In the grip of grace
Mar 13, 2004
West Coast USA
✟33,173.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
From the Oxford dictionary:

Definition of damn in English

damn

Pronunciation: /dam/
Translate damn | into French | into German | into Italian | into Spanish verb

[with object]
  • 1 (be damned) (in Christian belief) be condemned by God to suffer eternal punishment in hell: I treated her badly and I’ll be damned to hell for it
  • be doomed to misfortune or failure:the enterprise was damned

• 2criticize strongly:the book damns her husband
  • curse (someone or something):she cleared her throat, damning it for its huskiness damn him for making this sound trivial
exclamation

informal
  • expressing anger or frustration:Damn! I completely forgot!
adjective

[attributive] informal used for emphasis, especially to express anger or frustration:turn that damn thing off! [as submodifier]:don’t be so damn silly!

you are commiting equivocation of the word. He didn't use it as a cursing, He used it as a cuss word. And you and I both know it.

"[attributive] informal used for emphasis, especially to express anger or frustration:turn that damn thing off! [as submodifier]:don’t be so damn silly!"

Upvote 0

createdtoworship

In the grip of grace
Mar 13, 2004
West Coast USA
✟33,173.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
I don't know, and neither does anyone else.

If they say that they do they are either lying, or very selfish for not explaining it to the rest of us properly.

ok tell us more about your opinions on how RNA could start life, even without sources. Just in conversation.

Upvote 0
U

Ursus scientia

Notice how he asks but refuses to answer to the same question? It is common practice for ID (creationism) to attack ToE as if this will prove their God did it hypothesis.

I'm aware of the idea of false dichotomy, argument from ignorance etc. ToE I'm guessing is Theory of Evo?

So far I'm a little disappointed there've been no serious counterpoints. Just wriggling. :/

Upvote 0