Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Libertarian
I stumbled across a new stance on abortion. At least, it's new to me. I've heard about it but never bothered learning as I assumed it was just the same thing as abortion.

Anyway, evictionism is a libertarian view that states a woman has a right to bodily sovereignty and the fetus is a parasite, but they also acknowledge that life begins at conception, and it is therefore wrong to abort the fetus.

It sounds like a contradiction, but they want the woman to have the right to eject the baby from her body if she chooses, but without killing it.

My only real qualm about this view is the claim that the unborn baby is a parasite, yet I think it should be explored deeper as a possible middle ground and alternative to abortions.

Wikipedia probably explains it better than me.

Evictionism - Wikipedia

Ken Behrens

Sep 5, 2016
Milford, Delaware, USA
Visit site
✟32,775.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
It is a moot point until technology advances to where the baby can be "transplanted" or otherwise brought to term outside the original womb, without harm of any kind. Even then, the theory does not discuss the social implications of two new classes of people, i.e. "womb bred" vs. "machine bred" or "transferral bred".

Upvote 0