Ever read something that you no longer can find and feel like you're losing your marbles?!

Oct 15, 2008
Central California
✟274,079.00
Country
United States
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
A few years ago, I swear I remember reading on my Orthodox app (Orthodox Calendar). It was about a saint, female saint, who had died and at the Great Council after days of debate, heated arguments, prayers, and discussion, they placed the teachings of Arius in the coffin of this saint along with the Orthodox statement a la St. Athanasius. When they opened her coffin the next day, she had the teachings of Arius under her foot showing disdain and rejection and the Orthodox statement in her hand. First of all, I cannot find this story ANYWHERE now, can't find it on that app despite hours of looking, and I can't find it online, etc. I swear I read that, and yet I feel like I'm going cookoo now!? Anyone hear this story? And anyone know which saint it was? I know, I sound crazy, but I DID read this!!!!

FenderTL5

Κύριε, ἐλέησον.
Site Supporter
Jun 13, 2016
Nashville TN
✟634,756.00
Country
United States
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-American-Solidarity
A few years ago, I swear I remember reading on my Orthodox app (Orthodox Calendar). It was about a saint, female saint, who had died and at the Great Council after days of debate, heated arguments, prayers, and discussion, they placed the teachings of Arius in the coffin of this saint along with the Orthodox statement a la St. Athanasius. When they opened her coffin the next day, she had the teachings of Arius under her foot showing disdain and rejection and the Orthodox statement in her hand. First of all, I cannot find this story ANYWHERE now, can't find it on that app despite hours of looking, and I can't find it online, etc. I swear I read that, and yet I feel like I'm going cookoo now!? Anyone hear this story? And anyone know which saint it was? I know, I sound crazy, but I DID read this!!!!
I have heard that story, or at least one that is very similar.

Where I heard it and concerning whom - that I can't tell you. I don't remember.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

ArmyMatt

Site Supporter
Jan 26, 2007
Earth
✟1,467,220.00
Country
United States
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Married
I think you are thinking of St Euphemia at Chalcedon.

Upvote 0

prodromos

Senior Veteran
Site Supporter
Nov 28, 2003
Sydney, Straya
✟1,182,529.00
Country
Australia
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Married
Yes, St Euphemia. St Paisios of Mt Athos had a great fondness for her.
It wasn't the Teachings of St Athanasius and Arius that were placed in her coffin though. It was the two different views present at the Council of Chalcedon.

Upvote 0
Oct 15, 2008
Central California
✟274,079.00
Country
United States
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
Yes, St Euphemia. St Paisios of Mt Athos had a great fondness for her.
It wasn't the Teachings of St Athanasius and Arius that were placed in her coffin though. It was the two different views present at the Council of Chalcedon.
YES!!! You and Father Matt FTW

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums