The Lord is my rock!
Feb 25, 2016
United States
✟27,741.00
Faith
Pentecostal
Marital Status
Married
That's true; but I think it is important to understand that God works through humans, too—even professional counselors.

Sometimes, people need more than a "Pray about it." answer.

Yes, and sometimes they need to exercise their faith -- trust and obey. Very likely they will be transformed by the Lord, grow radically closer to Him, and never be the same. HE's a BIG GOD.

Upvote 0

Kol

Working on it
Jan 24, 2007
✟12,964.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
I think this topic hits on one of those which can be innocent and come from a pure heart, but which could also be a symptom of an underlying problem or potential problem. We should all be reflecting with Jesus on our spiritual health from time to time. Satan will use anything to turn our lives against us.

Everyone seems to have equated singleness with romance, but I occasionally do miss the days of video games through the night (before wife and kids), or just hanging out with girls with no romantic strings attached. Being single had its perks. Yes, I think about it sometimes.

Marriage isn't necessarily the evolution of life from singleness either. It's not necessarily more responsible, blessed, righteous, or a better reflection of the life God has for us. Seriously, how many marry because they think, "if I get married, I can spend more time pleasing God." Quite the opposite, no?

Upvote 0

Kol

Working on it
Jan 24, 2007
✟12,964.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
And I don't know... Marriage can definitely kill some part of the psyche concerned with being, or feeling, or aspiring to be desirable.

Maybe you should use this time to slough off that old skin and make a pact to be desirable to your spouse and vice versa again..?

Upvote 0