• The General Mental Health Forum is now a Read Only Forum. As we had two large areas making it difficult for many to find, we decided to combine the Mental Health & the Recovery sections of the forum into Mental Health & Recovery as a whole. Physical Health still remains as it's own area within the entire Recovery area.

If you are having struggles, need support in a particular area that you aren't finding a specific recovery area forum, you may find the General Struggles forum a great place to post. Any any that is related to emotions, self-esteem, insomnia, anger, relationship dynamics due to mental health and recovery and other issues that don't fit better in another forum would be examples of topics that might go there.

If you have spiritual issues related to a mental health and recovery issue, please use the Recovery Related Spiritual Advice forum. This forum is designed to be like Christian Advice, only for recovery type of issues. Recovery being like a family in many ways, allows us to support one another together. May you be blessed today and each day.

Kristen.NewCreation and FreeinChrist

Ndutah

Jan 13, 2014
✟7,852.00
Faith
Pentecostal
Marital Status
Single
My name is Teresa, I am Kenyan.
I am really struggling with masturbation and inappropriate contentography especially reading some (now it's seems like) crazy literature.
But I know it's sin. And I know that I am compromising something when I can not pull myself out of thoughts of lust.
I know my place in God's kingdom. I know my identity. I know Alot. But why is it so difficult to practice. To just say no. ? What am I missing here? An accountability partner? Believe it or not but I am a serious intercessor. But in this area of my life I am struggling so badly, and failing miserably. I want victory, for the sake of my relationship with Jesus, and for my faith. I understand I might have given very little information but I pray the Holy Spirit will whisper to someone and point me in the right direction.
<staff edit> I am really in crisis mode and I'm tired of failing my Lord.
Teresa.
<staff edit>

Last edited by a moderator:
  • Prayers
Reactions: Bluerose31

Johnnz

Senior Veteran
Site Supporter
Aug 3, 2004
New Zealand
✟74,521.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Widowed
Hi,

First of all you need to clarify in your own mind what you can expect as a normal, healthy sexually mature person. You won't be asexual. Thus you will have some sexual awareness, some curiosity, some desire for expression that is not simply sinful lust. That is something you will live with in various ways all your life. This should become your baseline.

inappropriate content is a perversion and reduction of healthy sexuality. It can become very habit forming, but its basis stems from one's basic sexuality, which is why is can be so persistent. Like it or not, our sexuality seeks some expression fairly frequently. Denial or attempted 'repression' commonly leads to episodes of control and then failure, with associated guilt and despair.

At this stage I suggest you give my first point some attention. See where we can get to after that. Feel free to PM me if you want to ask any questions.

John
NZ

Upvote 0

Sarina Haines

Apr 8, 2018
Texas
✟15,856.00
Country
United States
Faith
Pentecostal
Marital Status
Married
My name is Teresa, I am Kenyan.
I am really struggling with masturbation and inappropriate contentography especially reading some (now it's seems like) crazy literature.
But I know it's sin. And I know that I am compromising something when I can not pull myself out of thoughts of lust.
I know my place in God's kingdom. I know my identity. I know Alot. But why is it so difficult to practice. To just say no. ? What am I missing here? An accountability partner? Believe it or not but I am a serious intercessor. But in this area of my life I am struggling so badly, and failing miserably. I want victory, for the sake of my relationship with Jesus, and for my faith. I understand I might have given very little information but I pray the Holy Spirit will whisper to someone and point me in the right direction.
<staff edit> I am really in crisis mode and I'm tired of failing my Lord.
Teresa.
<staff edit>
How strong is the urge to touch yourself, is it stronger than the urge to view inappropriate contentography do you feel?

Upvote 0