Even IF Christ rose again. . . So what?

ldonjohn

Sep 20, 2013
✟81,277.00
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married
The resurrection of Christ means everything. If Christ was not resurrected from the dead then we have no hope of living with Him forever in eternity. Not only did He defeat sin & hell when He died on the cross shedding His blood there for the remission of our sin, but when He came out of that grave He defeated death.

The difference in a person who is truly seeking answers about God in an effort to find a real relationship with Him, and in a person who is just posing questions to Christians in a effort to express his/her unbelief while not looking for truth is the working of the Holy Spirit in one vs the absence of the Holy Spirit in the other. John 6:44; “No man can come to me, except the Father which hath sent me draw him: and I will raise him up at the last day.” 45; “It is written in the prophets, And they shall be all taught of God. Every man therefore that hath heard, and hath learned of the Father, cometh unto me.” John 6:37; “All that the Father giveth me shall come to me; and him that cometh to me I will in no wise cast out.” This scripture, Jeremiah 29:13, “And ye shall seek me, and find me, when ye shall search for me with all your heart” says that if you earnestly search after God you will find Him.
The Holy Spirit will do His work in the person who is truly looking for truth about God & Jesus. If you really want to know the truth about God and truly want to know him these scriptures tell us that He will draw you to the truth and draw you to Christ so that you will know him.
It's up to you. You either want to know him or you don't. The answer is in God's Word; the Bible. I found Him in the Gospel of John, and I was earnestly seeking after Him.

Regards,
John

Upvote 0

Tellyontellyon

Jan 19, 2020
Wales
✟112,799.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Buddhist
Marital Status
Married
The difference in a person who is truly seeking answers about God in an effort to find a real relationship with Him, and in a person who is just posing questions to Christians in a effort to express his/her unbelief while not looking for truth
So it's best not to judge people as you can't really know at the outset...

Upvote 0

ldonjohn

Sep 20, 2013
✟81,277.00
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married
So it's best not to judge people as you can't really know at the outset...

Quote from original post.

"When discussing the historicity of the resurrection of Christ the final goal of the Christian seems to be that the unbeliever will experience a personal conversion to the Faith because of their discussion."

Per Jeremiah 29:13, “And ye shall seek me, and find me, when ye shall search for me with all your heart.”

Regards,
John

Upvote 0

Tellyontellyon

Jan 19, 2020
Wales
✟112,799.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Buddhist
Marital Status
Married
Per Jeremiah 29:13, “And ye shall seek me, and find me, when ye shall search for me with all your heart.”
But some people in here are saying that it is predestined and by God's grace... So your own effort may prove to be nothing without God's willing it..?

Upvote 0

Unqualified

243 God loves me
Site Supporter
Aug 17, 2020
West of Mississippi
✟418,353.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Persuasively I would say Jesus is God. He is documented by secular historians and the Bible. Pontius Pilate evidence has been found, Herod is historical. We also have the HS and the zeal and understanding of and faith in His word. The changes he has made the new focus of our lives came from a real event, we have proof that is life changing. You can go on doubting ad infinitem or you can simply believe it. Jesus did the super natural acts. His people did.

crucifixon has seen evidence. If the story touches you that’s good. His message is true. The prophecies he fulfilled! Is there any clue that it is not true? Only a loud scientific conviction to opposite. You have to take a risk on one or the other why not Christ? Billions of Christians are not wrong throughout the ages.
Six million Christians lost their lives in persecution in Rome- for a fable?

• Agree
Reactions: ldonjohn
Upvote 0

ldonjohn

Sep 20, 2013
✟81,277.00
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married
But some people in here are saying that it is predestined and by God's grace... So your own effort may prove to be nothing without God's willing it..?

Absolutely by God's grace, but without our own efforts. He even gives us the faith we need to "believe." That we are predestined is a doctrine that has put fear into the hearts of many, and I do not wish to get into an argument with anyone over that matter.

Below is a link you might take a look at concerning predestination.

Does God choose who will be saved and who will be lost? – Room For Doubt

Regards,
John

Upvote 0

TedT

Member since Job 38:7
Jan 11, 2021
Vancouver Island
✟85,846.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
If it's proven, Christ is divine. If its not proven, then back to a more atheistic, "rational" worldview.

Except Romans 1 tells Christians that even though every person has seen and sang the praises of the truth of YHWH's divinity and power, they still revert to the lie and deny HIM because they love sin more and can't fight it: Rom 1:18-20 then to the end of the chapter...

Proven to a sinner means nothing, sigh.

Last edited:
Upvote 0