Eve was already planned before she was created from Adams rib.

Diamond7

YEC, OEC, GAP, TE - Dispensationalist.
Nov 23, 2022
Akron
✟72,258.00
Country
United States
Faith
Methodist
Marital Status
Married
Adam didn't have his "kind" among the animals
With the exception of Voles—unlike 97 percent of mammals—they are monogamous, forming bonds that last long after mating. So only 3% of mammals mate for life. This is because of oxytocin the same hormone that women have to bond with their children. There is a synthetic form of this called oxycontin. Highly addictive.

1. Dogs are chock full of the 'love hormone' Dogs' bodies produce oxytocin when in the presence of their human counterparts – and they get a big burst of it every time they make eye contact with their bonded humans.

Upvote 0

Diamond7

YEC, OEC, GAP, TE - Dispensationalist.
Nov 23, 2022
Akron
✟72,258.00
Country
United States
Faith
Methodist
Marital Status
Married
but why is it separated?
We have very few words to work with so we need to study them. Genesis 2:7 "Then the Lord God formed a man c from the dust of the ground and breathed into his nostrils the breath of life, and the man became a living being."

In Genesis 2:7, the Hebrew phrase for "breath of life" is "nishmat chayim" (נִשְׁמַת חַיִּים), which can be translated as "breath of life" or "spirit of life." The passage describes the creation of the first human being by God, who forms him from the dust of the ground and gives him life by breathing into his nostrils.

In Genesis 1 "So God created man in his own image, in the image of God created he him; male and female created he them." We are dealing with the word for image
בְּצֶ֥לֶם bə-ṣe-lem.

God began with a male and female in Chapter one. In Chapter two we have a man and a women and even a wife. Because of the "breath of life" they can only be united in God.

While monogamy is relatively rare in the animal kingdom, there are also other mating behaviors that fall outside the categories of monogamy and polygyny, such as promiscuity and polyandry.

Upvote 0

BeyondET

Earth Treasures
Site Supporter
Jul 17, 2018
Virginia
✟153,535.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Another thread made me think of what appears to be a contradiction in scripture. Many people seem to think God made Eve solely because Adam was "lonely". The scripture does say it. But that seems to be a gross assumption that somehow Eve was just an "afterthought" and God had no intention of creating humans with equal value. He created all the animals to be "male and female", why would he create Adam first and then Eve? My guess is if he created them at the same time, God could not guide Adam and build a relationship with him as easily if he already had a mate to depend on (perhaps).

I'm not a fan of KJV, but since it was one of the first English translations, I thought perhaps the error was in the translation, but it and my (NLT) version both say "male and female" He created them. I don't know what verse 27 is about, so someone with a KJV bible will have to verify the internet version.

Genesis 1:26-28
King James Version

26 And God said, Let us make man in our image, after our likeness: and let them have dominion over the fish of the sea, and over the fowl of the air, and over the cattle, and over all the earth, and over every creeping thing that creepeth upon the earth.

27 So God created man in his own image, in the image of God created he him; male and female created he them.

28 And God blessed them, and God said unto them, Be fruitful, and multiply, and replenish the earth, and subdue it: and have dominion over the fish of the sea, and over the fowl of the air, and over every living thing that moveth upon the earth.

Then immediately in Genesis 2, we read:

Genesis 2:18-20

18 Then the Lord God said, “It is not good for the man to be alone. I will make a helper who is just right for him.” 19 So the Lord God formed from the ground all the wild animals and all the birds of the sky. He brought them to the man[a] to see what he would call them, and the man chose a name for each one. 20 He gave names to all the livestock, all the birds of the sky, and all the wild animals. But still there was no helper just right for him.

So is this apparent contradiction in the OG old Testament? I would like to know if it's a mistranslation of the original hebrew. If not, it does seem like God created Eve as an afterthought according to Genesis 2.
Here's another interesting statement in the verse below,

Other verses has Adam created then placed in the garden first then exiled with Eve so when did the dominion all over the earth begin?.

26 And God said, Let us make man in our image, after our likeness: and let them have dominion over the fish of the sea, and over the fowl of the air, and over the cattle, and over all the earth, and over every creeping thing that creepeth upon the earth.

Upvote 0

BeyondET

Earth Treasures
Site Supporter
Jul 17, 2018
Virginia
✟153,535.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
We have very few words to work with so we need to study them. Genesis 2:7 "Then the Lord God formed a man c from the dust of the ground and breathed into his nostrils the breath of life, and the man became a living being."

In Genesis 2:7, the Hebrew phrase for "breath of life" is "nishmat chayim" (נִשְׁמַת חַיִּים), which can be translated as "breath of life" or "spirit of life." The passage describes the creation of the first human being by God, who forms him from the dust of the ground and gives him life by breathing into his nostrils.

In Genesis 1 "So God created man in his own image, in the image of God created he him; male and female created he them." We are dealing with the word for image
בְּצֶ֥לֶם bə-ṣe-lem.

God began with a male and female in Chapter one. In Chapter two we have a man and a women and even a wife. Because of the "breath of life" they can only be united in God.

While monogamy is relatively rare in the animal kingdom, there are also other mating behaviors that fall outside the categories of monogamy and polygyny, such as promiscuity and polyandry.
May point to regeneration, part of the lower ribs does grow back if removed or broken. A liver can as well.

Upvote 0