Eve came from Adam, evolution does not allow this

Sep 5, 2015
✟70,048.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
But as i said, we are on the topic referenced in v21 - where tsela is translated as "side" or "rib". I've never said "tsela" = bone. Also, as I said, this v23 makes "side" correct because of the "flesh of my flesh".. so apparently it's not just a rib.

The word 6106. etsem is used for bone.

Upvote 0

Archivist

Senior Veteran
Site Supporter
Mar 5, 2004
Morgantown, West Virginia, USA
✟571,140.00
Country
United States
Faith
Lutheran
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Democrat
But you've failed to explain why and how sin entered.
I have said over and over that at some point sin entered the world. Why and how isn't important. It certainly didn't enter the world because a young woman ate a piece of fruit.

Do we know when Jesus was born? Of course not. We have a date when we celebrate His birth, but we don't know that it is correct (in fact, according to the Bible he was probably not born on December 25 since shepherds would usually not be out in the fields in winter) and we can approximate a year but, again, we don't know how accurate it is. But none of that matters. The important thing is that Jesus came into the world, died on a cross for our sins and rose from the dead.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

Sep 5, 2015
✟70,048.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
I have said over and over that at some point sin entered the world. Why and how isn't important. It certainly didn't enter the world because a young woman ate a piece of fruit.

2 Cor 11... 1I wish you would bear with me in a little foolishness. Do bear with me! 2For I feel a divine jealousy for you, since I betrothed you to one husband, to present you as a pure virgin to Christ. 3But I am afraid that as the serpent deceived Eve by his cunning, your thoughts will be led astray from a sincere and pure devotion to Christ. 4For if someone comes and proclaims another Jesus than the one we proclaimed, or if you receive a different spirit from the one you received, or if you accept a different gospel from the one you accepted, you put up with it readily enough. 5Indeed, I consider that I am not in the least inferior to these super-apostles.6Even if I am unskilled in speaking, I am not so in knowledge; indeed, in every way we have made this plain to you in all things.

In this instance Eve is presented as literal and historical.

I'm beginning to wonder if the Theo-Evos are presenting a different gospel.
So far the Theo-Evos refuse to tell us how sin entered into the world. The Bible is very clear it was an act of disobedience. The Theo-Evos have no answer for this disobedience. You Archivist have no answer. Where is your theology for the act of disobedience and the need for the gospel of Jesus Christ in light of the T.o.E?

At what point did sin enter the world?

• Winner
Reactions: JacksBratt
Upvote 0

Archivist

Senior Veteran
Site Supporter
Mar 5, 2004
✟571,140.00
Country
United States
Faith
Lutheran
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Democrat
2 Cor 11... 1I wish you would bear with me in a little foolishness. Do bear with me! 2For I feel a divine jealousy for you, since I betrothed you to one husband, to present you as a pure virgin to Christ. 3But I am afraid that as the serpent deceived Eve by his cunning, your thoughts will be led astray from a sincere and pure devotion to Christ. 4For if someone comes and proclaims another Jesus than the one we proclaimed, or if you receive a different spirit from the one you received, or if you accept a different gospel from the one you accepted, you put up with it readily enough. 5Indeed, I consider that I am not in the least inferior to these super-apostles.6Even if I am unskilled in speaking, I am not so in knowledge; indeed, in every way we have made this plain to you in all things.

In this instance Eve is presented as literal and historical.

I'm beginning to wonder if the Theo-Evos are presenting a different gospel.
So far the Theo-Evos refuse to tell us how sin entered into the world. The Bible is very clear it was an act of disobedience. The Theo-Evos have no answer for this disobedience. You Archivist have no answer. Where is your theology for the act of disobedience and the need for the gospel of Jesus Christ in light of the T.o.E?

At what point did sin enter the world?

I have answered this question multiple times. You asking it over and over doesn't do much.

Upvote 0

trophy33

Nov 18, 2018
N/A
✟150,381.00
Country
Czech Republic
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
The Bible is very clear it was an act of disobedience. The Theo-Evos have no answer for this disobedience.
How do you want to have answer for this disobedience? What do you even mean?

In the text, we can read about disobedience. What does it represent, if really some eating from a literal tree or something deeper, nobody can know for certain. But it does not put away the message that people disobeyed God.

Upvote 0

Archivist

Senior Veteran
Site Supporter
Mar 5, 2004
✟571,140.00
Country
United States
Faith
Lutheran
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Democrat
How do you want to have answer for this disobedience? What do you even mean? In the text, we can read about disobedience. What does it represent, if really some eating from a literal tree or something deeper, nobody can know for certain. But it does not put away the message that people disobeyed God.

Correct. The Genesis allegories tell us 1) that God created everything, although they do not tell us exactly how He did it; 2) that sin entered the world; and 3) that man was in need of redemption, which, of course, came through Jesus Christ.

Upvote 0

Cis.jd

Dec 3, 2015
New York, NY
✟140,465.00
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Single
So than how was the area destroyed if figurative?
The bible said the city's where destroyed there.

Or is this just another story not be be believed?

Under the assumption that God used natural means, then "fire and sulfer" could probably be a volcano, especially since sulfer is stated. It's destruction being described/detailed accurately or literally makes 0 effect towards Christianity.

• Haha
Upvote 0

Cis.jd

Dec 3, 2015
New York, NY
✟140,465.00
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Single
Make a bible case, forget nommie sites. They do not matter. Might as well ask a horse. When I was young I went to Catholic school, and we had 'catechism' where I learned about Adam and Noah and etc. Just because some popes abandoned the faith lately does not mean that I did.
So, the statement you made about "only bible believers accepting your arguments" is something you made up. Is this why you consider citing apologists, linking to other apologetic support meaningless. We have to be making stuff up now just like you?

Reactions: Archivist
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Sep 5, 2015
✟70,048.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
How do you want to have answer for this disobedience? What do you even mean?

In the text, we can read about disobedience. What does it represent, if really some eating from a literal tree or something deeper, nobody can know for certain. But it does not put away the message that people disobeyed God.

Did the pre-humans sin? Theo-Evos whom I have talked with say no. If that be so somewhere in the so-called human evolution the population people began to sin. When was that? What was that sin? Why should mankind be responsible for that sin?
How did man get a spirit?

It is my belief that the Theo-Evo sect won't answer these question because they can't answer them and conform to what the bible says.

Upvote 0

Sep 5, 2015
✟70,048.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
Correct. The Genesis allegories tell us 1) that God created everything, although they do not tell us exactly how He did it; 2) that sin entered the world; and 3) that man was in need of redemption, which, of course, came through Jesus Christ.
the Bible tells us exactly how sin entered into the world. That means is carried into the New Testament.

• Agree
Upvote 0

Archivist

Senior Veteran
Site Supporter
Mar 5, 2004
✟571,140.00
Country
United States
Faith
Lutheran
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Democrat
the Bible tells us exactly how sin entered into the world. That means is carried into the New Testament.
And you are free to accept the Biblical creation account as accurate. I do not, I view it as allegory.

Upvote 0

Semper-Fi

Site Supporter
May 26, 2019
Pacific north west
✟407,204.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Under the assumption that God used natural means,
then "fire and sulfer" could probably be a volcano,
especially since sulfer is stated.

It's destruction being described/detailed accurately
or literally makes 0 effect towards Christianity.

Here, at the northern tip of the Dead Sea, we have
scientific corroboration for a biblical miracle.

Seems science confirms the area was destroyed
by fire and brimstone from above literally.
Tall el-Hammam is biblical Sodom - The Cosmic Tusk

What it does is prove the bible accurate in this event.
If a christian does not believe the word of God by
faith, not sure if they are even a christian.

"Sadly, many Christian scholars have accepted the false "science versus faith" dichotomy.Worse, some have even taken the “science over faith” position, although they would still say they are people of faith.

Thus, many have decided that evolutionary theory trumps Scripture, and they seek to “harmonize”the Bible with evolutionary theory.

Tragically, most Christian thought-leaders are ignorant of major scientific advances that both discredit the monkey-to-man perspective and support the biblical view of a literal, recent Adam and Eve. "

The bible says one day the dead sea area will
once again be teaming with life, and people will
line the banks fishing there.

So do you believe God will heal this area,
or is this not literally ?

• Winner
Upvote 0

trophy33

Nov 18, 2018
N/A
✟150,381.00
Country
Czech Republic
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Did the pre-humans sin? Theo-Evos whom I have talked with say no.
Can animals sin? What is a sin? You need some Law from God and a higher intelect to have a possibility to sin.

If that be so somewhere in the so-called human evolution the population people began to sin. When was that? What was that sin? Why should mankind be responsible for that sin?
When God took a man and said "you will not...xyz" and the man disobeyed.

How did man get a spirit?
Probably in the same way as animals did.

It is my belief that the Theo-Evo sect won't answer these question because they can't answer them and conform to what the bible says.
As long as I noticed in the discussion, you were not able to answer any question from "theo-evo" and you also make quite big mistakes in your theology (for example, you seem to be confused about soul/spirit thing, if we are it or if we are given it...).

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

Cis.jd

Dec 3, 2015
New York, NY
✟140,465.00
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Single
Here, at the northern tip of the Dead Sea, we have
scientific corroboration for a biblical miracle.

Seems science confirms the area was destroyed
by fire and brimstone from above literally.
Tall el-Hammam is biblical Sodom - The Cosmic Tusk

What it does is prove the bible accurate in this event.
If a christian does not believe the word of God by
faith, not sure if they are even a christian.

So do you believe God will heal this area,
or is this not literally ?

Ok, so there is historical and scientific arguments supporting it.. and what does this have anything to do about the creation in Genesis being metaphorical?

There are many diverse religious to ancient BC writings that have scientific accuracy in it that doesn't mean they knew it all or had to be held at hi-esteem for it. The Bible isn't a science book, regardless of small portions having scientific arguments to confirm it, it isn't a book given to answer these things which is why can't just reject other scientific theories because of a lack of biblical reference or if we interpret it to be conflicting.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

dad

Undefeated!
Site Supporter
Jan 17, 2005
✟25,524.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
I do not know, you are still running in circles.

First, do you agree that to understand ancient Hebrew book, you should learn about ancient Hebrew world and thinking?
First we need to know the Author. Otherwise you get confused.

Upvote 0

lifepsyop

Jan 23, 2014
✟57,083.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
And you are free to accept the Biblical creation account as accurate. I do not, I view it as allegory.

It is plainly written as a real account.

Pretty strange for an allegory to have specific details like dates and ages.
(On the 600th year of Noah's life on the 2nd month and the 17th day, etc..... assuming you believe the Genesis flood was an allegory as well....)

It's almost as if it is written just like an actual historical account... of things that actually happened.

So why the forced allegorical interpretation? Is it more important to have the respect of men than to believe God's word?

• Winner
Upvote 0

dad

Undefeated!
Site Supporter
Jan 17, 2005
✟25,524.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
So, the statement you made about "only bible believers accepting your arguments" is something you made up. Is this why you consider citing apologists, linking to other apologetic support meaningless. We have to be making stuff up now just like you?
I do not consider people who believe in evolution bible believers.

• Winner
Upvote 0