Jan 17, 2005
✟25,524.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
He said it was his blood. His word is enough for me. Like 4:12 “Do not put the Lord your God to the test.”
So was the blood splattered in Egypt on doors of believers representing His blood. So was the blood of every animals sacrifice representing it. When we remember now, we drink wine representing it. We SHOW what was done.

No bizarre cult. It is an
Calling someone an allegory does not make em go away. Nice try.

Upvote 0

trophy33

Nov 18, 2018
N/A
✟150,028.00
Country
Czech Republic
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Mosquitos disagree.
You are so dishonest and inconsistent in your work with the Bible and what you will believe and what not.

Jesus said its his blood - you do not believe that.
Paul said its Christ's blood - you do not believe that.
The OT says you think in your kidneys - you do not believe that.
Paul said our bodies are animal bodies - you do not believe that.
The OT says that we are animals - you do not believe that.

But:
The OT says we are made of dust - and you believe that literally and do not accept any other view about it, you are also chanting "demon science", "lies" etc.

Why are you so selective? With your unwillingness to learn more about Genesis and with your rejection of other biblical places, you position yourself above the Bible.

Last edited:
  • Winner
Reactions: Cis.jd
Upvote 0

Cis.jd

Dec 3, 2015
New York, NY
✟140,465.00
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Single
Cut the pretense. The theory of evolution has a common ancestor - and the flatworm, for example, is said to be one of the oldest living relatives!!!! Haha

"
Flatworms Are Oldest Living Ancestors To Those Of Us With Right And Left Sides, Researchers Report In Science"

Flatworms Are Oldest Living Ancestors To Those Of Us With Right And Left Sides, Researchers Report In Science

Hahahaha Behold the Eve-olution cult!

No...since God gave us the way He did do it in a book confirmed by Jesus.
You are either a good troll, or someone who takes pride on being an anti-intellectual and completely dishonest by latching God's name to your silly/uneducated arguments.

Last edited:
  • Agree
Reactions: Brightmoon
Upvote 0

Archivist

Senior Veteran
Site Supporter
Mar 5, 2004
Morgantown, West Virginia, USA
✟571,140.00
Country
United States
Faith
Lutheran
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Democrat
Except when His body held that cup with wine it WAS a communion! Except He AFTERWARDS referred to what was just done and drank as wine!
Jesus never said that all wine is His blood, only the wine used in Holy Communion.

Upvote 0

Archivist

Senior Veteran
Site Supporter
Mar 5, 2004
✟571,140.00
Country
United States
Faith
Lutheran
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Democrat
So was the blood splattered in Egypt on doors of believers representing His blood. So was the blood of every animals sacrifice representing it. When we remember now, we drink wine representing it. We SHOW what was done.

Jesus was very specific. This is my body, this is my blood. He could have said "this represents my body and blood" but He didn't.

Calling someone an allegory does not make em go away. Nice try.

Except I didn't call anyone an allegory.

Upvote 0

Archivist

Senior Veteran
Site Supporter
Mar 5, 2004
✟571,140.00
Country
United States
Faith
Lutheran
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Democrat
This thread seems to have run its course, so I am out of here.

To review some of what was and some of what was not said.

I have been consistent in saying that i believe that Genesis is an allegory. I have also said throughout this thread that others are free to their own interpretation.

I believe it is an allegory because the Bible is not a book of science. My faith comes from the Bible; I get my science from other sources. The Bible tells us that 1) God created everything and 2) at some point sin entered the world. Science explains how everything was created. One poster has consistently referred to "demon science" which is a wholly inaccurate description; there is nothing demonic in the scientific explanation of the creation of the universe and of life on this planet.

When challenged on the discrepancies in the the two creation stories contained in Genesis, this same poster said that the second creation story describes day six only, and that there is no discrepancy in the two stories. The problem with that argument is 1) no place does it say that the second story is limited to day six and 2) the order is different, so the two stories do not agree. In the first creation story, humans are created after the other animals. In the second story, humans were created before the other animals. In addition, in the first creation story, the first man and woman were created simultaneously. In the second account, the man was created first, then the animals, then the woman. The poster who claimed that there is no discrepancy never explained this. This same poster also pointed out that Jesus had referenced Adam and Eve, forgetting that Jesus was speaking to people who believed in a literal interpretation of Genesis, so of course He would reference them when speaking.

I raised the question of Holy Communion, in which Jesus said that the bread was His body, the wine His blood. If you are saying that you are a "Bible believer" then it would seem that you should believe that as well. One poster said that I was pitting Catholics against Protestants, ignoring the fact that many Protestants such as we Lutherans see the bread and wine of Holy Communion as body and blood. This same poster also noted that mosquitoes would taste a difference between the two; I will take the word of Jesus over that of an insect. If He says that it is His body and His blood, this is sufficient for me.

An interesting discussion. Again, everyone is entitled to their own interpretation of scripture. I don't claim that my answers are absolute, and hope others feel likewise.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

dad

Undefeated!
Site Supporter
Jan 17, 2005
✟25,524.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
You are so dishonest and inconsistent in your work with the Bible and what you will believe and what not.
False. Consistency does not mean misunderstanding meanings, and disregarding the rest of the bible.
Jesus said its his blood - you do not believe that.
The time had come and was at hand for His blood to be shed, that generations had waited for. So that night the accent was on how that ceremony represented from now on, His blood. The wine was not a cup of blood.

Paul said its Christ's blood - you do not believe that.
Chapter and verse.....?

The OT says you think in your kidneys - you do not believe that.
Verse?

Paul said our bodies are animal bodies - you do not believe that.
Verse?
The OT says that we are animals - you do not believe that.
God made clear what we were actually.
But:
The OT says we are made of dust - and you believe that literally and do not accept any other view about it, you are also chanting "demon science", "lies" etc.
Calling dust evolution is simply a lie. When we remember Christ's death, the cup is His blood, or represents what was done. In the case of the last supper it represented what would shortly be done. His blood was not even shed yet!
Why are you so selective? With your unwillingness to learn more about Genesis and with your rejection of other biblical places, you position yourself above the Bible.
Grasping at straws to justify unbelief shows that you do not comprehend the words that require His Spirit to comprehend.

Upvote 0

dad

Undefeated!
Site Supporter
Jan 17, 2005
✟25,524.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
You are either a good troll, or someone who takes pride on being an anti-intellectual and completely dishonest by latching God's name to your silly/uneducated arguments.
If you can't grasp that a common ancestor is claimed for flatworms and man, don't try to mask the ignorance with self righteous pretensions and false accusations.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

dad

Undefeated!
Site Supporter
Jan 17, 2005
✟25,524.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
Jesus was very specific. This is my body, this is my blood. He could have said "this represents my body and blood" but He didn't.
This commentary seems to suggest it represents the body and blood.

"26:26 7 And as they were eating, Jesus took bread, and l blessed [it], and brake [it], and gave [it] to the disciples, and said, Take, eat; m this is my body.
(7) Christ who will without delay fulfil the promises of the old covenant, institutes a new covenant with new signs.
(l) Mark says, "Had given thanks": and therefore blessing is not a consecrating with a conjuring type of murmuring and power of words: and yet the bread and the wine are changed, not in nature but in quality, for without doubt they become tokens of the body and blood of Christ, not of their own nature or force of words, but by Christ his institution, which must be recited and laid forth, that faith may find what to lay hold on, both in the word and in the elements.
(m) This is a figure of speech which is called metonymy: that is to say, the giving of one name for another: so he calls the bread his body, which is the sign and sacrament of his body: and yet nonetheless, it is a figurative and changed kind of speech meaning that the faithful do indeed receive Christ with all his gifts (though by a spiritual means) and become one with him.
"Lu.
(p) Or covenant, that is to say, by which the new league and covenant is made, for in the making of leagues they used the pouring of wine and shedding of blood. "
Matthew - Chapter 26 - Geneva Study Bible on StudyLight.org

Except I didn't call anyone an allegory.
If you call the story of Adam and Eve an allegory, and think that if Eve existed she really was spawned of animals...who really cares what you call it. There is only one word for it, disbelief.

Upvote 0