Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Others
An American evangelical delegation met with Sisi last week, and the reports sound almost ecstatic. At the same time, persecution against the Copts is the worst it has been in a long time, and they say they are getting nowhere with the Egyptian government.

I think we should bear in mind the massive play for ascendancy Iran is making. Saudi realizes that it needs to change if it is going to survive. It's oil hegemony is over, and now it needs protection from Iran, so we're seeing a massive move toward a more meaningful alignment with the US, as well as economic and social changes. It may well be that Egypt sees the writing on the wall and understands the need to do the same thing. Trump's first foreign stop was at a Arab and Muslim summit in Saudi, and he was a huge hit there, even as he delivered a strong message against terrorism. So maybe there is an historic opportunity here.

"Rarely have I been in a meeting that was scheduled for an hour that went for three hours and the conversation was clear, so authentic," Moore told CBN News. "There was no hedging. It was like we were best friends for our entire life. It was historic yesterday."

According to the delegation’s host, Joel Rosenberg – an expert on the Middle East – Sissi is the ideal type of leader the United States needs in the hostile Muslim region as President Donald Trump continues the war on Islamic terrorism.

"I believe it is setting into motion an historic relationship between an Arab Muslim leader and the evangelical Christian movement," the best-selling author expressed to CBN News. "I have to tell you, I'm a fiction writer and if President Abdel Sissi didn't exist, you'd have to make him up. I mean [he is] what are we looking for in an ally with the United States: people who want, people who are telling us I want a strong, strategic alliance with America. I'm fighting the same people you're fighting..."

President el-Sisi also asked for prayer.

"He asked the Christian community, 'Please pray for me. Please pray for Egypt because we are in a battle," said Rosenberg.​

Full story: Unprecedented meeting between Egyptian pres., U.S. evangelicals

paul1149

that your faith might rest in the power of God
Site Supporter
Mar 22, 2011
NY
✟674,964.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Others
Israel Begins "Largest-Ever Aerial Military Drill", As Saudis Consider Missile Strike "Act Of War"

A little more background. Eight nations joined Israel last week in unified air defense exercises. The nations were "India, the United States, Greece, Poland, France, Italy and Germany are taking part in the exercise, along with Israel and an eighth country unidentified by the IDF", according to the Times of Israel. There has to be a reason that ninth nation is anonymous, and it having an Islamic makeup is a prime candidate. Recall that when Trump was in Saudi he sold them $110B worth of planes, perhaps the biggest arms deal in history, according to al Jezireh.

At the same time last week, the Saudis shot down a missile flying over their capital, Riyadh. Now the Saudis call the missile attack “a blatant act of aggression” by Iran and “could be considered an act of war”.

Since the Russians have been friendly with the Iranian government, the pressure's on the Middle East nations to align with the West for their own survival. This could be a major opportunity to open the region up to the Gospel of Jesus Christ.

• Informative
Reactions: Sarah G
Upvote 0