Catrione

Oct 21, 2004
Belfast
✟8,370.00
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Single
The Eurovision semi finals are on NOW on BBC3. Please please please vote for Ireland by phoning 0901 121 3108.
I love the Eurovision!!! Does anyone else like it or is anyone else watching? British entry is actually alright this year, but surprisingly they all seem pretty good this year

Shunt

Apr 27, 2006
East Midlands, England
✟7,976.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
i always watch it!! maybe i'm just werid but i quite like it, but having watched it about 3 years in a row i can deffenatly see a few voting trends like certain countries always voting good for others

maybe this year we will get a few more points... whos singing for UK?

wait just found it.... sigh 0 points this year

Upvote 0

non-religious

Veteran
Mar 4, 2005
Herts
✟11,017.00
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Married
[Catrione]I think the UK song is a lot better than it has been in a long time.
It's certainly something a little different and I hope he does well. Unfortunately though I have this terrible feeling that the whole political issue will affect the way the vote goes. Politically we are still a very unpopular nation and I'm not sure the rest of Europe is quite ready to let us win this competition just yet.

My wife and her friends (all teachers) are getting together and watching it. They each pick a country out of hat and then bring food that represents that country to the house :D

Upvote 0

Shunt

Apr 27, 2006
East Midlands, England
✟7,976.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
non-religious said:
My wife and her friends (all teachers) are getting together and watching it. They each pick a country out of hat and then bring food that represents that country to the house :D

that sounds quite good :yum:

what would they bring if they got Bosnia & Herzegovina :confused:

:D

Upvote 0

mikeyp

Mystery Member
May 29, 2005
Leicester, UK
Visit site
✟10,760.00
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married
WOOOOT!!!! GO FINLAND!!!!!!!

GO DEATH METAL!!!!!!
rocker.gif

In case you hadn't noticed I'm a fan of hard rock and death metal :p

Upvote 0

meebs

The dev!l loves rock and roll
Aug 17, 2004
Alpha Quadrant
Visit site
✟17,879.00
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Single
Catrione said:
I think the UK song is a lot better than it has been in a long time.
only withing the contest - if it wasnt for politics i think it would have got higher.

However you just know Finland would win hands down.

Me and my sister both liked the Finland one and that one where those men sang we're going to win. I voted them, she voted Finland. :D

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

kurabrhm

Feb 23, 2004
Southampton, Hampshire, England.
Visit site
✟2,333.00
Faith
Seeker
Marital Status
Single
Politics
UK-Labour
i di dnt bother watching it this year. its hogwash anyway. very strange that a heavy metal band won though. perhaps even stranger that a Scandinavian country won!! normally, some cheesy pop wannabe's are the winners, but not this year. somebody explain to the world why oh why israel could be considered for Eurovision!!!! Isn't Israel supposed to be a part of the Middle East (Asia)???

Upvote 0

meebs

Aug 17, 2004
Alpha Quadrant
Visit site
✟17,879.00
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Single
kurabrhm said:
i di dnt bother watching it this year. its hogwash anyway. very strange that a heavy metal band won though. perhaps even stranger that a Scandinavian country won!! normally, some cheesy pop wannabe's are the winners, but not this year. somebody explain to the world why oh why israel could be considered for Eurovision!!!! Isn't Israel supposed to be a part of the Middle East (Asia)???

i have no idea!

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

kurabrhm

Feb 23, 2004
Southampton, Hampshire, England.
Visit site
✟2,333.00
Faith
Seeker
Marital Status
Single
Politics
UK-Labour
mikeyp said:
Finland with their heavy metal band Lordi

(btw I found out that the lead singer attends a church in finland, and the drummer writes songs for their church)

lol. can u imagine a similar heavy metal band in America whose members have similar duties?!

Upvote 0

meebs

Aug 17, 2004
Alpha Quadrant
Visit site
✟17,879.00
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Single
mikeyp said:
Finland with their heavy metal band Lordi

(btw I found out that the lead singer attends a church in finland, and the drummer writes songs for their church)

ironic, i said to my sister they might be christians ;) (i didnt mean it badly i was sorta joking but not meaning it bad :D )

Upvote 0