Senior Veteran
Jul 6, 2003
Paris
Visit site
✟17,911.00
Faith
Christian
Locally... there is the chuch choir!

Actually, I've heard of a couple heavy rock christian bands, but haven't really been able to hear them. I watched a young christian rap band start, but haven't heard of them for so long. I know a singer who put out a personal album 25 years ago. I once went to a talk given by a musician/dancer/actrice who did typical "chanson française" in bars, but who explained to us that she didn't really feel any difference between the worship music she does in churches, and the music she does in bars, even though in the latter she doesn't necessarily talk about God. For her, it's all a gift to give to others.
I'm sure there is much more, because I've met christian producers here, but I have no clue what...

But then, I'm sort of isolated from the french christian movements, because I mostly go to an english speaking anglican church. My main connection with christians out side of the church comes from a christian-artist meeting group here in Paris.

By the way, in Denmark there is this band called Glory box, I think...

Upvote 0

PraiseYouInTheStorm

Dec 3, 2007
✟16,195.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
I think that trad/folk music is very unique to each country, especially in Gaelic countries and Eastern Europe.
I play fiddle, and I'm Irish, and my violin teacher is from the Czech Republic, so I've played a lot of Irish, Scottish, Hungarian, Romanian, and Czech trad.
I love it! Each country is unique, and the music is all amazing.

Upvote 0

Pogue

left CF, please see profile for further details
Site Supporter
Mar 6, 2006
http://www.thesonscafe.com/viewtopic.php?f=11&t=15
✟59,840.00
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Private
Politics
UK-Greens
Yeah, I know them. I quite like them (although I prefer die Toten Hosen! ;) ) I play Nicht in der Welt all the time! Schrei nach Liebe is always fun too!

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Fin4God

Scotland the Brave
Aug 10, 2008
Scarborough, NY
✟7,694.00
Faith
Methodist
Marital Status
Single
If ever a band described a nation, look no further than The Proclaimers. The one song that defines Scotland and that every single person in Scotland knows is I'm Gonna Be (500 Miles). But the best song is Sunshine on Leith, greatest football anthem ever, you can forget your You'll Never Walk Alone with Liverpool, Celtic and Dortmund. Sunshine on Leith = Hibernian FC.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums