up there
✟307,281.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Private
His message was the he came to die for our sins and that he was the only path to the Father. The message was about the man.
So you deny what He said and prefer doctrine tht leads us away from the Kingdom/governance of the Father, so that man may continue to build kingdoms in their own image??

Upvote 0

jgarden

Senior Veteran
Jan 1, 2004
✟106,405.00
Faith
Methodist
Looks like Europe is finally starting to realize coddling Iran isn't working, which is what Trump has been telling them all along. Welcome back to reality Europe.

Isolated Iran leader lashes out at Europe as nations join US in ramping up pressure
The Allies didn't coddle Germany after WW1 and America wasn't coddling Japan when she placed it under an oil embargo which precipitated Pearl Harbor!

America and Europe learned the hard way that by overplaying their hands and backing countries into a corner, it sowed the seeds of political, economic and social instability that eventually led to WW2!

The Allied treatment of the vanquished nations after WW2 was much more benevolent than after WW1 because they finally realized that to do otherwise would only be setting the stage for WW3!

Last edited:
Reactions: timothyu
Upvote 0

Jermayn

May 22, 2019
Northwest Florida
✟108,811.00
Country
United States
Faith
Pentecostal
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
So you deny what He said and prefer doctrine tht leads us away from the Kingdom/governance of the Father, so that man may continue to build kingdoms in their own image??

I'm not really following you. What you're saying seems to imply you practice Judaism. Are you waiting for a man to build some kind of Utopian kingdom? Only Jesus is capable of doing that, which he will do upon his return. What I'm saying is that if you don't believe in Jesus, then you can't believe in his message. I'm not sure how I can make this any clearer. Maybe you can explain how you can deny Jesus but fully believe his message? It makes no sense.

Upvote 0

timothyu

Dec 31, 2018
up there
✟307,281.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Private
Are you waiting for a man to build some kind of Utopian kingdom? Only Jesus is capable of doing that, which he will do upon his return.
No, and yes Jesus is the only one, which is why I say man continues to build kingdoms in their own image, some even calling them Christian.

Maybe you can explain how you can deny Jesus but fully believe his message?
I'm not. What I said was Jesus was focused on the Gospel of the Kingdom.

Luke 4:43 And he said unto them, I must preach the kingdom of God to other cities also: for therefore am I sent.

Upvote 0

Jermayn

May 22, 2019
Northwest Florida
✟108,811.00
Country
United States
Faith
Pentecostal
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
No, and yes Jesus is the only one, which is why I say man continues to build kingdoms in their own image, some even calling them Christian.

I'm not. What I said was Jesus was focused on the Gospel of the Kingdom.

Luke 4:43 And he said unto them, I must preach the kingdom of God to other cities also: for therefore am I sent.

Yes, the Kingdom you don't have access to unless you believe he is who he said he is first.

Upvote 0

timothyu

Dec 31, 2018
up there
✟307,281.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Private
Yes, the Kingdom you don't have access to unless you believe he is who he said he is first.
That was not His mission. He didn't say repent of not knowing who He was, but repent of the ways of man for instead the ways of the Kingdom.

Upvote 0

Jermayn

May 22, 2019
Northwest Florida
✟108,811.00
Country
United States
Faith
Pentecostal
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
That was not His mission. He didn't say repent of not knowing who He was, but repent of the ways of man for instead the ways of the Kingdom.

You can't repent unless you know who he is. He said that he is the way, the truth, and the life, and that no one comes to the Father except through him (John 14:6). There's no point in worrying about the Kingdom of Heaven if you deny Jesus. You have no access to it by any other path.

Upvote 0

timothyu

Dec 31, 2018
up there
✟307,281.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Private
Upvote 0

Billnew

Legend
Apr 23, 2004
Ohio
Visit site
✟35,363.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
CA-Conservatives
Standing up to a bully doesn't mean you want to go to war, it means you have a line they can't cross and you will stand up for that. If they don't like that, then they can start the war and will suffer the consequences. OUr country has for far too long tried to "play nice" with countries that threatened our safety and on established trade. Laws matter and a disobedient country cant be allowed to act against the laws without being punished.

Upvote 0

Jermayn

May 22, 2019
Northwest Florida
✟108,811.00
Country
United States
Faith
Pentecostal
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
His Gospel of the Kingdom

He was the first to access it and showed us how.

He specifically said access was through him only, and he didn't just happen to figure out how to access it, he is the only begotten son of God, and he came so that we may regain access to it as well. I'm curious as to what you believe about him.

Romans 10:9 "that if you confess with your mouth the Lord Jesus and believe in your heart that God has raised Him from the dead, you will be saved."

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Mountainmanbob

Goat Whisperer
Site Supporter
Sep 6, 2016
✟1,096,353.00
Country
United States
Faith
Calvinist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
Upvote 0

jgarden

Senior Veteran
Jan 1, 2004
✟106,405.00
Faith
Methodist
1953 Iranian coup d'état, known in Iran as the 28 Mordad coup d'état, was the overthrow of the democratically elected Prime Minister Mohammad Mosaddegh in favour of strengthening the monarchical rule of Mohammad Reza Pahlavi on 19 August 1953, orchestrated by the United States ("Operation Ajax") and the United Kingdom ("Operation Boot"). It was the first covert action of the United States to overthrow a foreign government during peacetime.[11]

Mosaddegh had sought to audit the documents of the Anglo-Iranian Oil Company (AIOC), a British corporation (now part of BP) and to limit the company's control over Iranian oil reserves.

Upon the refusal of the AIOC to co-operate with the Iranian government, the parliament (Majlis) voted to nationalize Iran's oil industry and to expel foreign corporate representatives from the country. After this vote, Britain instigated a worldwide boycott of Iranian oil to pressure Iran economically. Initially, Britain mobilized its military to seize control of the British-built Abadan oil refinery, then the world's largest, but Prime Minister Clement Attlee opted instead to tighten the economic boycott while using Iranian agents to undermine Mosaddegh's government.

Judging Mosaddegh to be unreliable and fearing a Communist takeover in Iran, UK prime minister Winston Churchill and the Eisenhower administration decided to overthrow Iran's government, though the preceding Truman administration had opposed a coup, fearing the precedent that Central Intelligence Agency (CIA) involvement would set. British intelligence officials' conclusions and the UK government's solicitations were instrumental in initiating and planning the coup, despite the fact that the U.S. government in 1952 had been considering unilateral action (without UK support) to assist the Mosaddegh government.

Following the coup in 1953, a government under General Fazlollah Zahedi was formed which allowed Mohammad Reza Pahlavi, the last Shah of Iran (Persian for an Iranian king),[22] to rule more firmly as monarch. He relied heavily on United States support to hold on to power. According to the CIA's declassified documents and records, some of the most feared mobsters in Tehran were hired by the CIA to stage pro-Shah riots on 19 August. Other CIA-paid men were brought into Tehran in buses and trucks, and took over the streets of the city.[25] Between 200 and 300 people were killed because of the conflict. Mosaddegh was arrested, tried and convicted of treason by the Shah's military court. On 21 December 1953, he was sentenced to three years in jail, then placed under house arrest for the remainder of his life. Other Mosaddegh supporters were imprisoned, and several received the death penalty. After the coup, the Shah continued his rule as monarch for the next 26 years until he was overthrown in the Iranian Revolution in 1979.

1953 Iranian coup d'état - Wikipedia
**************************************************************************************************************

Given that the United States was instrumental in overthrowing a democratically elected government in Iran, to protect the vested interests of "BIG OIL," is it any wonder that Iranians don't trust America!

Upvote 0