Ethics & Morality?? America Is An Overflowing Sewer Of Sin And Filth (2)

Status
Not open for further replies.
L

LouTheWicked

Demons? You mean those creatures that were thought up back in the ol' times to explain behavior such as psychological illnesses that were not understood, to accuse people who lived differently to what was considered 'normal' it would be a just reason to kill them?

Drilling into people's heads was a very popular practice to try and rid the unfortunate accused of their 'demons'.

Upvote 0

flicka

Contributor
Site Supporter
Dec 9, 2003
✟36,720.00
Faith
Agnostic
Marital Status
Private
Satan already has the unsaved

So every single person born into the world belongs to Satan up until the moment they convert, then he starts harassing them.

There are no words. Seriously.

IF I believed all that nonsense it would be blindingly clear to me that those being harassed by demons are inviting them in somehow. Therefore, those with demon problems are actually far worse than simply being a non believer, they are demon magnets and I would want them as far away from me as possible.

I do like how people spin it to make it seem like demons only attack those with the strongest faith BECAUSE thats what makes them special. And how mom got to play "hero" by coming at them with, what was it, "both guns barreling" or something?

Christianity is like a giant RPG being played by people who hide within the fantasy to make themselves feel far more important than they actually are. I suggest World of Warcraft.

Reactions: RavenPoe
Upvote 0

Nathan Poe

Sep 21, 2002
United States
✟41,319.00
Faith
Agnostic
Politics
US-Democrat
Was it like this kind of terror, because I've seen this pit in a vision.

d456re2.jpg

So, why is it that you're the one getting fearful hallucinations? Wouldn't they be much more effective if God sent them to nonbelievers such as myself?

Upvote 0

UncleHermit

Nov 3, 2007
✟8,585.00
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Single
So, why is it that you're the one getting fearful hallucinations? Wouldn't they be much more effective if God sent them to nonbelievers such as myself?

I know what you mean. For some reason, whenever I get hallucinations, they're always very pleasant. :scratch:

Upvote 0

flicka

Contributor
Site Supporter
Dec 9, 2003
✟36,720.00
Faith
Agnostic
Marital Status
Private
Give the English language some credit: There are words.

Words like "hysterical," "delusional," "paranoid," and "psychotic" come to mind.
Indeed. It's just so creepy to think people are walking around with that stuff in their heads so I always think POE (thanks for that BTW) even thought I'm told they actually are real. ::shudder::

Upvote 0

Floatingaxe

Apr 14, 2007
Ontario, Canada
✟22,726.00
Faith
Word of Faith
Marital Status
Married
Politics
CA-Conservatives

Why? Unbelievers are already deluded into believing hell doesn't exist. There's no need for you to fear it, because if you did, you'd be more than likely to seek after God. Satan doesn't want that.

There is a natural fear of judgment in most people, and God will allow that to work for His benefit, in the light of His Son Jesus who came to save us from such an end. It can be a healthy fear for anyone, but some people need a jolt--and these such visions can certainly be the catalyst to some true soul-searching.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

StarCannon

Warmaster
Oct 27, 2007
At home.
✟9,221.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Private
Why? Unbelievers are already deluded into believing hell doesn't exist. There's no need for you to fear it, because if you did, you'd be more than likely to seek after God. Satan doesn't want that.

There is a natural fear of judgment in most people, and God will allow that to work for His benefit, in the light of His Son Jesus who came to save us from such an end. It can be a healthy fear for anyone, but some people need a jolt--and these such visions can certainly be the catalyst to some true soul-searching.

Heh heh heh heh heh heh heh heh heh heh Heh heh heh heh heh heh heh heh heh heh...
Heh.
Hell doesn't exist, Floating Axe. Ask anyone whose had a near death experiance.

Upvote 0

Floatingaxe

Apr 14, 2007
Ontario, Canada
✟22,726.00
Faith
Word of Faith
Marital Status
Married
Politics
CA-Conservatives
Heh heh heh heh heh heh heh heh heh heh Heh heh heh heh heh heh heh heh heh heh...
Heh.
Hell doesn't exist, Floating Axe. Ask anyone whose had a near death experiance.

Heh heh heh heh heh...heh.

Yes it does. What do they know? Satan is a jester, making even that experience a lie.

Upvote 0

Nathan Poe

Sep 21, 2002
United States
✟41,319.00
Faith
Agnostic
Politics
US-Democrat

Apparantly, neither does God. A few well-chosen visions (along with some assurance that they were not chemically or psychotically induced) might just set me on the right track.

Except that only people who already believe get the visions. Why is that?

Upvote 0

KalithAlur

Sep 23, 2006
Visit site
✟16,099.00
Faith
Non-Denom
i don't rule out demonic possession completely as i experience something akin to a demonic possession,

but feel the event can be explained rationally by a postulation of a psychic realm, where things like telepathy and astral travel can happen.

i do not assume whether or not death is the end, however much i'm inclined to believe people who leave their bodies continue to be connected to and influenced by their physical brains...

i think a foolish telepath might be silly enuf to fake a demonic possession, resulting in the same symptoms as such a possession would contain.

also, i'm not ruling out the possibility some astral entities are capable of existing entirely separate from our common notions about a "biological" body

all matter is vibrations, sort of... but do the smallest particles have anything vibrating inside them to make them up, if the thinnest slice of the cucumber indeed exists?

- the leprous KalithAlur

Upvote 0

Floatingaxe

Apr 14, 2007
Ontario, Canada
✟22,726.00
Faith
Word of Faith
Marital Status
Married
Politics
CA-Conservatives
Apparantly, neither does God. A few well-chosen visions (along with some assurance that they were not chemically or psychotically induced) might just set me on the right track.

Exactly.

Except that only people who already believe get the visions. Why is that?

Satan loves to torment the people of God. His desire is to make them ineffective for the kingdom of God, by distracting them. If he has them in a weakness and can get them busy putting our fires, he will be successful in keeping them from doing what God really has for them to do.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

Floatingaxe

Apr 14, 2007
Ontario, Canada
✟22,726.00
Faith
Word of Faith
Marital Status
Married
Politics
CA-Conservatives
my apologies for being offensive.

the reason for my confusion was this:

you seemed to imply the God you believe in wants Poe to go to hell, and you agreed that was His motive for keeping Poe away from visions

Where you get that implication I'll never know. As you have a Christian icon, I surely hope you know that God doesn't wish anyone to go to hell!

Upvote 0

Floatingaxe

Apr 14, 2007
Ontario, Canada
✟22,726.00
Faith
Word of Faith
Marital Status
Married
Politics
CA-Conservatives
I quoted the reason.

He said, (paraphrased), "God must want me to go to hell."

You said, "Exactly."

He never said that...even paraphrased.

My "exactly" was in agreement that a well-placed vision could send him on the right track toward God.

Upvote 0

KalithAlur

Sep 23, 2006
Visit site
✟16,099.00
Faith
Non-Denom
"So, why is it that you're the one getting fearful hallucinations? Wouldn't they be much more effective if God sent them to nonbelievers such as myself?"

"Why? Unbelievers are already deluded into believing hell doesn't exist. There's no need for you to fear it, because if you did, you'd be more than likely to seek after God. Satan doesn't want that." - FloatingAxe

"Apparantly, neither does God."

"Exactly." -FloatingAxe

Do you see from the above why I was confused?

Also, are you concluding he will eventually receive a vision which will set him on the "right track"?

Upvote 0
Status
Not open for further replies.