Georgia
✟125,375.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
The Eternal Redemption Christ obtained !

The Eternal Redemption Christ obtained for them He died for Heb 9:12

12 Neither by the blood of goats and calves, but by his own blood he entered in once into the holy place, having obtained eternal redemption for us.51

That word obtained means He procured it, secured it and gained it for us, Eternal Redemption. This Eternal Redemption gained for them is also their Justification before God, even before they come to believe, because its by His Death/Blood. By His Blood they have been Eternally Delivered from the Penalty of sin, for thats what that word redemption in the verse signifies Heb 9:12, which through it they have Justification Rom 3:24

Being justified freely by his grace through the redemption that is in Christ Jesus:

Justification came through the Redemption that came by Christ Jesus. Now Christ obtained it for them, and God imputes it to their account, even as they are enemies and unbelievers, thats why they are Reconciled to as such Rom 5:10 ! This is also why they are eternally secured, because the Redemption is Eternal Heb 9:12 !

Upvote 0

Brightfame52

Dec 14, 2020
Georgia
✟125,375.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Eternal Security is True by the nature of the Covenant of Grace all sinners for whom Christ died as Covenant Head is True, for from the outset they are under Grace Rom 6:14

For sin shall not have dominion over you: for ye are not under the law, but under grace.

Under which apply these precious promises: Jer 32:40

40 And I will make an everlasting covenant with them, that I will not turn away from them, to do them good; but I will put my fear in their hearts, that they shall not depart from me.

Now what are these promises God has promised to do unto His Covenant People ?

Upvote 0

prophecy_uk

May 3, 2004
✟11,107.00
Faith
Christian
Brightfame: "Eternal Security is True by the nature of the Covenant of Grace all sinners for whom Christ died as Covenant Head is True, for from the outset they are under Grace Rom 6:14

For sin shall not have dominion over you: for ye are not under the law, but under grace.

Under which apply these precious promises: Jer 32:40

40 And I will make an everlasting covenant with them, that I will not turn away from them, to do them good; but I will put my fear in their hearts, that they shall not depart from me.

Now what are these promises God has promised to do unto His Covenant People ?"

Yes God places His fear into them, and if they fear, they know they can also be cut off, but if prideful, then God has not placed His new covenant and Spirit of the fear of God into the new heart, they only have a heart, hard of pride, they remain in their pride, which is not of the Father, but of the world, and all in the world pass away.

Jeremiah 32:40 And I will make an everlasting covenant with them, that I will not turn away from them, to do them good; but I will put my fear in their hearts, that they shall not depart from me.

Isaiah 11:2 And the spirit of the Lord shall rest upon him, the spirit of wisdom and understanding, the spirit of counsel and might, the spirit of knowledge and of the fear of the Lord;

Romans 11:18 Boast not against the branches. But if thou boast, thou bearest not the root, but the root thee.
19 Thou wilt say then, The branches were broken off, that I might be grafted in.
20 Well; because of unbelief they were broken off, and thou standest by faith. Be not highminded, but fear:
21 For if God spared not the natural branches, take heed lest he also spare not thee.
22 Behold therefore the goodness and severity of God: on them which fell, severity; but toward thee, goodness, if thou continue in his goodness: otherwise thou also shalt be cut off.

1 John 2:16 For all that is in the world, the lust of the flesh, and the lust of the eyes, and the pride of life, is not of the Father, but is of the world.
17 And the world passeth away, and the lust thereof: but he that doeth the will of God abideth for ever.

The spirit of the world then is death, we receive not that, but the Spirit of God, to know and do all the things of God ( none of all that's in the world, as all that is in the world is death/ the unjustified sin they teach and do)

Then we know who hears us, is of God, and the ones who do not, are not, this is the Spirit of truth, and the spirit of error..

1 Corinthians 2:12 Now we have received, not the spirit of the world, but the spirit which is of God; that we might know the things that are freely given to us of God.

1 John 4:6 We are of God: he that knoweth God heareth us; he that is not of God heareth not us. Hereby know we the spirit of truth, and the spirit of error.

Upvote 0

Brightfame52

Dec 14, 2020
Georgia
✟125,375.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
proph

Yes God places His fear into them, and if they fear, they know they can also be cut off, but if prideful, then God has not placed His new covenant and Spirit of the fear of God into the new heart, they only have a heart, hard of pride, they remain in their pride, which is not of the Father, but of the world, and all in the world pass away.

Aint no ifs about it, because of the Covenant of Grace, God will give them a heart to fear Him and never to depart from Him, Its 1000% certain. And this pertains to the Church, the Body of Christ.

Upvote 0

Brightfame52

Dec 14, 2020
Georgia
✟125,375.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
The Saints of God are preserved forever, thus ensuring their eternal security Ps 37:28

28 For the Lord loveth judgment, and forsaketh not his saints; they are preserved for ever: but the seed of the wicked shall be cut off.

His Saints are any and all who are His Elect, those He has chosen for Himself in Christ before the foundation. Even before they become believers they are His Saints, His favorites ! He has already accepted them in the Beloved Eph 1:6. They were sanctified by God the Father in eternal election and given to Christ Jude 1:1

1 Jude, the servant of Jesus Christ, and brother of James, to them that are sanctified by God the Father, and preserved in Jesus Christ, and called:

And they are preserved post their call to faith, though they shall fall many times before reaching heaven !

Upvote 0

prophecy_uk

May 3, 2004
✟11,107.00
Faith
Christian
Brightfame: "And they are preserved post their call to faith, though they shall fall many times before reaching heaven"

Conflicting statement there Brightfame.

You say the saints are preserved and you say they fall.

Maybe you want to be confused in Proverbs 24?

The wicked may attack the righteous, but the Lord puts His wrath on that wicked.

The seven times in a day of falling, is the Lord seven times in the day ( as the Lord is the seven Spirits of the Lord sent forth into all the earth to show Himself strong in the behalf of those who heart is perfect toward Him)

It is the wicked that falls into mischief, that is how the righteous rises up against the wicked ( just like now rising up against the deceiving antichrist spirit through the Lord)..

2 Chronicles 16:9 For the eyes of the Lord run to and fro throughout the whole earth, to shew himself strong in the behalf of them whose heart is perfect toward him. Herein thou hast done foolishly: therefore from henceforth thou shalt have wars.

Revelation 5:6 And I beheld, and, lo, in the midst of the throne and of the four beasts, and in the midst of the elders, stood a Lamb as it had been slain, having seven horns and seven eyes, which are the seven Spirits of God sent forth into all the earth.

Proverbs 24:15 Lay not wait, O wicked man, against the dwelling of the righteous; spoil not his resting place:
16 For a just man falleth seven times, and riseth up again: but the wicked shall fall into mischief.
17 Rejoice not when thine enemy falleth, and let not thine heart be glad when he stumbleth:
18 Lest the Lord see it, and it displease him, and he turn away his wrath from him.

Now, as for the righteous, they do not stumble, only the wicked do..

Proverbs 3: 22 So shall they be life unto thy soul, and grace to thy neck.
23 Then shalt thou walk in thy way safely, and thy foot shall not stumble.

Proverbs 4: 11 I have taught thee in the way of wisdom; I have led thee in right paths.
12 When thou goest, thy steps shall not be straitened; and when thou runnest, thou shalt not stumble.

Proverbs 4:18 But the path of the just is as the shining light, that shineth more and more unto the perfect day.
19 The way of the wicked is as darkness: they know not at what they stumble.

Jeremiah 31:9 They shall come with weeping, and with supplications will I lead them: I will cause them to walk by the rivers of waters in a straight way, wherein they shall not stumble: for I am a father to Israel, and Ephraim is my firstborn.

John 11:9 Jesus answered, Are there not twelve hours in the day? If any man walk in the day, he stumbleth not, because he seeth the light of this world.

John 11:10 But if a man walk in the night, he stumbleth, because there is no light in him.

1 Peter 2:8 And a stone of stumbling, and a rock of offence, even to them which stumble at the word, being disobedient: whereunto also they were appointed.

1 John 2:10 He that loveth his brother abideth in the light, and there is none occasion of stumbling in him.
11 But he that hateth his brother is in darkness, and walketh in darkness, and knoweth not whither he goeth, because that darkness hath blinded his eyes.

Brightfame: "they are preserved post their call to faith"

Somehow it says nothing of your words about falling many times Brightfame?

Here is what preserved says though:

Psalm 121:7 The Lord shall preserve thee from all evil: he shall preserve thy soul.

Proverbs 2:11 Discretion shall preserve thee, understanding shall keep thee:
12 To deliver thee from the way of the evil man, from the man that speaketh froward things;
13 Who leave the paths of uprightness, to walk in the ways of darkness;
14 Who rejoice to do evil, and delight in the frowardness of the wicked;
15 Whose ways are crooked, and they froward in their paths:
16 To deliver thee from the strange woman, even from the stranger which flattereth with her words;
17 Which forsaketh the guide of her youth, and forgetteth the covenant of her God.

Proverbs 4:4 He taught me also, and said unto me, Let thine heart retain my words: keep my commandments, and live.
5 Get wisdom, get understanding: forget it not; neither decline from the words of my mouth.
6 Forsake her not, and she shall preserve thee: love her, and she shall keep thee.

Proverbs 14:3 In the mouth of the foolish is a rod of pride: but the lips of the wise shall preserve them.

Proverbs 16:17 The highway of the upright is to depart from evil: he that keepeth his way preserveth his soul.

Proverbs 20:28 Mercy and truth preserve the king: and his throne is upholden by mercy.

Luke 17:33 Whosoever shall seek to save his life shall lose it; and whosoever shall lose his life shall preserve it.

1 Thessalonians 5:23 And the very God of peace sanctify you wholly; and I pray God your whole spirit and soul and body be preserved blameless unto the coming of our Lord Jesus Christ.

Philippians 2:15 That ye may be blameless and harmless, the sons of God, without rebuke, in the midst of a crooked and perverse nation, among whom ye shine as lights in the world;

Jude 1:24 Now unto him that is able to keep you from falling, and to present you faultless before the presence of his glory with exceeding joy,

2 Peter 3:11 Seeing then that all these things shall be dissolved, what manner of persons ought ye to be in all holy conversation and godliness,

2 Peter 3:14 Wherefore, beloved, seeing that ye look for such things, be diligent that ye may be found of him in peace, without spot, and blameless.

Revelation 14:5 And in their mouth was found no guile: for they are without fault before the throne of God.

Upvote 0

Brightfame52

Dec 14, 2020
Georgia
✟125,375.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
The only ways for a saint to loose their salvation in the lord or to forsake the lord would be that God would have to leave them or forsake them or they forsake God. However the Covenant of Grace found in Christs Blood, shed for the many, provides for these things, in that it promises that God will not turn away from them, and do them good, and He promises they will not depart from Him. Hear these precious promises Jer 32:40

And I will make an everlasting covenant with them, that I will not turn away from them, to do them good; but I will put my fear in their hearts, that they shall not depart from me.

This is the foundation for the writer of Hebrews to write as well Heb 13:5

5 Let your conversation be without covetousness; and be content with such things as ye have: for he hath said, I will never leave thee, nor forsake thee.

So consequently, if any so called saint does finally forsake God, let it be known, they were never partakers of the Blood of the everlasting covenant of Christ ! Lest they make God to be a liar !

Upvote 0

prophecy_uk

May 3, 2004
✟11,107.00
Faith
Christian
5 Let your conversation be without covetousness; and be content with such things as ye have: for he hath said, I will never leave thee, nor forsake thee.

Pity your conversation is of coveteousness, that is eternal security.

But, Jesus layed His life down, and anyone who seeks to save it ( be saved and save themselves) looses it..

Luke 9:24 For whosoever will save his life shall lose it: but whosoever will lose his life for my sake, the same shall save it.

Luke 17:33 Whosoever shall seek to save his life shall lose it; and whosoever shall lose his life shall preserve it.

Mark 8:35 For whosoever will save his life shall lose it; but whosoever shall lose his life for my sake and the gospel's, the same shall save it.

1 John 3:16 Hereby perceive we the love of God, because he laid down his life for us: and we ought to lay down our lives for the brethren.

Upvote 0

Brightfame52

Dec 14, 2020
Georgia
✟125,375.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
The Elect, they are preserved while in sin, walking as described in Eph 2:3

3 Among whom also we all had our conversation in times past in the lusts of our flesh, fulfilling the desires of the flesh and of the mind; and were by nature the children of wrath, even as others.206

Upvote 0

prophecy_uk

May 3, 2004
✟11,107.00
Faith
Christian
Yes, the elect of hell are reserved to the day of destruction, the wicked who are workers of iniquity/sin, fill the earth now, and it is that they shall be destroyed for ever..

Job 21:29 Have ye not asked them that go by the way? and do ye not know their tokens,
30 That the wicked is reserved to the day of destruction? they shall be brought forth to the day of wrath.

Psalm 92:5 O Lord, how great are thy works! and thy thoughts are very deep.
6 A brutish man knoweth not; neither doth a fool understand this.
7 When the wicked spring as the grass, and when all the workers of iniquity do flourish; it is that they shall be destroyed for ever:

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Brightfame52

Dec 14, 2020
Georgia
✟125,375.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Not only were the elect of God preserved while dead in all manner of sins and iniquity, He loved them while in them sins Eph 2:3-5

3 Among whom also we all had our conversation in times past in the lusts of our flesh, fulfilling the desires of the flesh and of the mind; and were by nature the children of wrath, even as others.

4 But God, who is rich in mercy, for his great love wherewith he loved us,

5 Even when we were dead in sins, hath quickened us together with Christ, (by grace ye are saved)

Nothing can separate the Elect from Gods Love for them in Christ Jesus, that's eternal security Rom 8:33-39

33 Who shall lay any thing to the charge of God's elect? It is God that justifieth.

34 Who is he that condemneth? It is Christ that died, yea rather, that is risen again, who is even at the right hand of God, who also maketh intercession for us.

35 Who shall separate us from the love of Christ? shall tribulation, or distress, or persecution, or famine, or nakedness, or peril, or sword?

36 As it is written, For thy sake we are killed all the day long; we are accounted as sheep for the slaughter.

37 Nay, in all these things we are more than conquerors through him that loved us.

38 For I am persuaded, that neither death, nor life, nor angels, nor principalities, nor powers, nor things present, nor things to come,

39 Nor height, nor depth, nor any other creature, shall be able to separate us[The Elect] from the love of God, which is in Christ Jesus our Lord.

Upvote 0

prophecy_uk

May 3, 2004
✟11,107.00
Faith
Christian
Bright: "Not only were the elect of God preserved while dead in all manner of sins and iniquity, He loved them while in them sins Eph 2:3-5

3 Among whom also we all had our conversation in times past in the lusts of our flesh, fulfilling the desires of the flesh and of the mind; and were by nature the children of wrath, even as others.

4 But God, who is rich in mercy, for his great love wherewith he loved us,

5 Even when we were dead in sins, hath quickened us together with Christ, (by grace ye are saved)

They were children of wrath, but the love of God calls us out of the evil mind and death in the flesh.

Now, being called out of that death, what is the commandment to not be separated from the love of God, as you have quoted...

39 Nor height, nor depth, nor any other creature, shall be able to separate us[The Elect] from the love of God, which is in Christ Jesus our Lord.

Is it nothing to be done, and eternally secured OR.......

This is precisely where the mockers come in, they walk after their own ungodly lusts, and try to prevent us from keeping ourselves in the love of God, to keep the commandments of Christ to abide in His love, EVEN AS HE KEPT THE FATHERS COMMANDMENTS, AND ABODE IN HIS LOVE....

Jude 1:
18 How that they told you there should be mockers in the last time, who should walk after their own ungodly lusts.
19 These be they who separate themselves, sensual, having not the Spirit.
20 But ye, beloved, building up yourselves on your most holy faith, praying in the Holy Ghost,
21 Keep yourselves in the love of God, looking for the mercy of our Lord Jesus Christ unto eternal life.

John 15:10 If ye keep my commandments, ye shall abide in my love; even as I have kept my Father's commandments, and abide in his love.

Upvote 0

Brightfame52

Dec 14, 2020
Georgia
✟125,375.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
We know the believer is eternally secure because their salvation and believing is done by God, and scripture says Ecc 3:14

14 I know that, whatsoever God doeth, it shall be for ever: nothing can be put to it, nor any thing taken from it: and God doeth it, that men should fear before him.214f

Upvote 0

prophecy_uk

May 3, 2004
✟11,107.00
Faith
Christian
A question to, Brightfame, you two do realize you are the only one, discussing the topic about eternal security.

The question is, and this can be answered by anyone here who would read, and it has no follow up on them, do we believe that a believer in Christ, has the law written in them by the Holy Ghost, and is the law written in your heart?

Upvote 0

prophecy_uk

May 3, 2004
✟11,107.00
Faith
Christian
If you do not want to answer, how odd it will seem to anyone, that I will point out to, that the thread title is about eternal security, and how the Lord says the new covenant is the Lord giving us the new Spirit and that is the law put into us, and how you prefer to dismiss that and discuss your own agendas instead, and cant even answer anything straight at all, in all this time, to say if a believer in Christ, has the law written in them by the Holy Ghost, and is the law written in your heart?

I will show you do that, while I am here, so you wont avoid it at all, but show how hypocritical it is, to not really talk about the thread title of what leads to eternity, which is the new covenant.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

Brightfame52

Dec 14, 2020
Georgia
✟125,375.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
If Christ has saved a person, that one is saved eternally by what He has done for them and in them.n They are saved by His Blood and Righteousness, and they are everlasting Dan 9:24

24 Seventy weeks are determined upon thy people and upon thy holy city, to finish the transgression, and to make an end of sins, and to make reconciliation for iniquity, and to bring in everlasting righteousness, and to seal up the vision and prophecy, and to anoint the most Holy.

Upvote 0

Brightfame52

Dec 14, 2020
Georgia
✟125,375.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
The True Believer has been saved and made alive by Grace Eph 2:5

The Spirit quickens those Christ died for Jn 6:63

It is the spirit that quickeneth; the flesh profiteth nothing: the words that I speak unto you, they are spirit, and they are life.

Jn 5:21

For as the Father raiseth up the dead, and quickeneth them; even so the Son quickeneth whom he will.

The quickening power and grace of God by the Spirit through Christ makes a man alive and keeps him alive.

Upvote 0

Brightfame52

Dec 14, 2020
Georgia
✟125,375.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
One writer writes as he perceives our Salvation flows from an eternal covenant of grace:

The covenant of grace, as it is made from everlasting, continues to everlasting; its promises never, fail, its blessings are the sure mercies of David: redemption by Christ is eternal; such as are redeemed from sin, Satan, and the law, are ever so, and shall never be brought into bondage to either again: the work of grace upon the heart being begun, shall be performed and perfected; the graces wrought in the soul, as faith, hope, and love, ever remain; the blessings of grace bestowed, as pardon, justification, adoption, and salvation, are never reversed, but ever continue; such as are regenerated, pardoned, justified, adopted, and saved, shall be ever so; and the work of God, as it is durable, so perfect; nothing can be put to it, nor anything taken from it; the works of nature have been finished and perfected from the foundation of the world; the decrees of God are a complete system of His will, according to which He does all things invariably, in providence and grace; the covenant of grace is ordered in all things, and nothing wanting in it; the work of redemption is completely done by Christ, Who is a rock, and His work is perfect '…ascribe ye greatness unto our God. He is the Rock, His work is perfect: for all His ways are judgment: a God of truth and without iniquity, just and right is He' (Deut. 32:3,4); and the work of grace on the heart, though (the heart) at present (is) imperfect, shall be perfected; nor is it in the power of men to add anything to it, nor take anything from it; and God doeth [it], that [men] should fear before Him;
https://www.godsonlygospel.com/by-grace-alone-16

Ps 138:8

The Lord will perfect that which concerneth me: thy mercy, O Lord, endureth for ever: forsake not the works of thine own hands.

Upvote 0

Brightfame52

Dec 14, 2020
Georgia
✟125,375.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Eternal Security is true because arriving to Glory is Christs responsibility to bring us to Glory Heb 2:10

10 For it became him, for whom are all things, and by whom are all things, in bringing many sons unto glory, to make the captain of their salvation perfect through sufferings.

Hes the Captain of that Ship !

Upvote 0

Brightfame52

Dec 14, 2020
Georgia
✟125,375.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Eternal security and perseverance of the believer is a fact because of the once and for all sealing of the Spirit unto the day of redemption Eph 4:30

And grieve not the holy Spirit of God, whereby ye are sealed unto the day of redemption.

See 2 Cor 1:22 ; Luke 21:28

Upvote 0