✟37,228.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Amen!
We are doing the biting and devouring for the devil........lol he's not working and he is headed for hell!
I believe we need to stand up for the power of the cross, and keep preaching the ETERNAL redemption found only in this precious love story. If the cross is not the finish line in the mind of a believer they will be chained to a works salvation, whether they admit it or not. Why? Because a little yeast works through the whole batch!!

I can recall in my younger days as a believer in the Lord Jesus Christ seeking victory over the power of sin through religion. What appeared to me as wisdom at the time only proved over and over “the law of sin and death”. The more I tried, the more this law brought me back to it’s reality… SIN AND DEATH!

Romans tells us there are two laws at work in our members: The law of sin and death, and the law of the Spirit of Life. Freedom from the first law is walking in the second... A freedom not separate from Christ in us our hope of glory! But one may ask, "don’t WE have to work to please Him"? No! All that is required of us is to REST in His mercy and grace, and Christ in us does the work. Resting in the perfect victory of His Son gives a victory that is relentless! In the Grace of His Son there is a power that never sleeps, a power that never quits, a power that holds no record of wrong, a power that is manifested by faith in the fact the price has been FULLY PAID! This is the POWER of HIS CROSS! NO LONGER I BUT CHRIST is the UNRELENTING POWER of the BLOOD of the PERFECT LAMB OF GOD!!

Having been pulled from the shadows of legalism, I completely understand the fear and anger that embraces those who can’t see the blood of Christ is sufficient.

We must know that their unbelief cannot be quenched by human weapons, but by the mercy and love that flows from the Cross where our Savior bled and died! A revelation through the Holy Spirit is indeed the only cure for this unbelief. And because they can’t see, their human reasoning has only one choice but to craft a dismissal of all things that pertain to His finished work alone.

There are several obstacles in their way that contradict their belief that God’s Grace is not sufficient, and one of those hurdles is John 3:16: The word “eternal” in “eternal life” must be dealt with to satisfy this unbelief. Those who have been proclaiming and defending the freedom of God’s Grace for some time are surely no strangers to terms such as these: "Once saved always saved", "license to sin", and "eternal security". They use these terms in a degrading fashion to belittle those who defend and proclaim what happened on A hill called Calvary.

Many of those who are in bondage to legalism are sincere, and know that the cross is necessary, but just can’t SEE that Jesus fully paid the price. Surely, something from themselves has to be added to His sacrifice to extinguish their own sinful desires? Not understanding that a little yeast works through the whole batch... and boy does it ever!! Living on the inside of this unbelief is miserable and far removed from the love, joy, peace, hope and freedom that operate spontaneously in the truth. They may have a zeal for God, but in their own ignorance they cannot proclaim the very truth that has already set them free.

Let us never forget that this unbelief is a stronghold and can only be vanquished by the Holy Spirit through the Gospel of Grace. Remember we have the tender mercies of our Lord dwelling in us, so our gentleness should be evident to all!! And when they do finally come to end of themselves.. I wanna be there!! I wanna see their smiling faces!! See the heavy burdens melt away!! Watch their sorrow turn to gladness!! Witness a joy that has no shame!! ... THE JOY OF THE LORD!!!

Galatians 6:14
But God forbid that I should boast except in the cross of our Lord Jesus Christ, by whom the world has been crucified to me, and I to the world.

Grace and Peace...

Upvote 0

Francis Drake

Returning adventurer.
Apr 14, 2013
✟184,952.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
UK-Independence-Party
I believe we need to stand up for the power of the cross, and keep preaching the ETERNAL redemption found only in this precious love story. If the cross is not the finish line in the mind of a believer they will be chained to a works salvation, whether they admit it or not. Why? Because a little yeast works through the whole batch!!

I can recall in my younger days as a believer in the Lord Jesus Christ seeking victory over the power of sin through religion. What appeared to me as wisdom at the time only proved over and over “the law of sin and death”. The more I tried, the more this law brought me back to it’s reality… SIN AND DEATH!

Romans tells us there are two laws at work in our members: The law of sin and death, and the law of the Spirit of Life. Freedom from the first law is walking in the second... A freedom not separate from Christ in us our hope of glory! But one may ask, "don’t WE have to work to please Him"? No! All that is required of us is to REST in His mercy and grace, and Christ in us does the work. Resting in the perfect victory of His Son gives a victory that is relentless! In the Grace of His Son there is a power that never sleeps, a power that never quits, a power that holds no record of wrong, a power that is manifested by faith in the fact the price has been FULLY PAID! This is the POWER of HIS CROSS! NO LONGER I BUT CHRIST is the UNRELENTING POWER of the BLOOD of the PERFECT LAMB OF GOD!!

Having been pulled from the shadows of legalism, I completely understand the fear and anger that embraces those who can’t see the blood of Christ is sufficient.

We must know that their unbelief cannot be quenched by human weapons, but by the mercy and love that flows from the Cross where our Savior bled and died! A revelation through the Holy Spirit is indeed the only cure for this unbelief. And because they can’t see, their human reasoning has only one choice but to craft a dismissal of all things that pertain to His finished work alone.

There are several obstacles in their way that contradict their belief that God’s Grace is not sufficient, and one of those hurdles is John 3:16: The word “eternal” in “eternal life” must be dealt with to satisfy this unbelief. Those who have been proclaiming and defending the freedom of God’s Grace for some time are surely no strangers to terms such as these: "Once saved always saved", "license to sin", and "eternal security". They use these terms in a degrading fashion to belittle those who defend and proclaim what happened on A hill called Calvary.

Many of those who are in bondage to legalism are sincere, and know that the cross is necessary, but just can’t SEE that Jesus fully paid the price. Surely, something from themselves has to be added to His sacrifice to extinguish their own sinful desires? Not understanding that a little yeast works through the whole batch... and boy does it ever!! Living on the inside of this unbelief is miserable and far removed from the love, joy, peace, hope and freedom that operate spontaneously in the truth. They may have a zeal for God, but in their own ignorance they cannot proclaim the very truth that has already set them free.

Let us never forget that this unbelief is a stronghold and can only be vanquished by the Holy Spirit through the Gospel of Grace. Remember we have the tender mercies of our Lord dwelling in us, so our gentleness should be evident to all!! And when they do finally come to end of themselves.. I wanna be there!! I wanna see their smiling faces!! See the heavy burdens melt away!! Watch their sorrow turn to gladness!! Witness a joy that has no shame!! ... THE JOY OF THE LORD!!!

Galatians 6:14
But God forbid that I should boast except in the cross of our Lord Jesus Christ, by whom the world has been crucified to me, and I to the world.

Grace and Peace...
I get the impression that many Christians imagine they've joined a club with special membership requirements, which if they fail, get them thrown out of the club.

Myself, I know I am of royal birth, and nothing can ever change that. I might discredit my Father the King, but like the prodigal, I will always remain a royal born son of the King.

Its the hidden man of the spirit, my Heavenly Father Spiritual DNA that decides my sonship, therefore I don't even need to put on fancy airs and graces to appear like that son.

Nevertheless, I know my soft heartedness towards my Father pleases him. I know he delights when I let him direct me, and that in turn, delights me also.

Reactions: Jesus is YHWH
Upvote 0

Dave L

Site Supporter
Jun 28, 2018
USA
✟580,140.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
“Whosoever is born of God doth not commit sin; for his seed remaineth in him: and he cannot sin, because he is born of God. In this the children of God are manifest, and the children of the devil: whosoever doeth not righteousness is not of God, neither he that loveth not his brother.” 1 John 3:9–10 (KJV 1900)

• Agree
Reactions: Francis Drake
Upvote 0

Romans 8

Site Supporter
Feb 16, 2019
Canada
✟137,253.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
As a new believer, I have wrestled with this issue but have come to realize the plain truth in the bible; salvation is not guaranteed. That being said, it's highly unlikely that a born again believer is going to sin deliberately and not ask for forgiveness before his death. If he does, he will probably go to hell with the rest of the sinners.

The "pastors" out there preaching false gospels such as hyper-grace are wolves in sheep's clothing. There's consequences for unrepentant sin, even if one is a born again believer. Many new believers coming into the church and sitting in on these sermons come to the false conclusion that all they need do is say a quick prayer and heaven's gates will open for them. Many of these believers are not getting a proper foundation of the gospel and regardless if they ever pick up a bible and read it they will likely backslide and/or continue in their "come as you are" habits and never go deeper. The biggest problem with the OSAS preachers is that they are telling their congregation that there is no need to repent because "Jesus did it all at the cross". Well, yes Jesus did it all but we are not automatic inheritors of the kingdom while continuing on in sin.

This topic isn't really that important for most born again believers because the Holy Spirit convicts us of our sins to the point of repentance. But if one is new to the church, best you figure out that your present and future sins are not automatically erased from the chalkboard, and that you must repent for them. Unless of course one enjoys vacationing in super hot places.

Upvote 0

Blade

Veteran
Site Supporter
Dec 29, 2002
USA
✟630,797.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Well I can only speak for me. And I have never found where OSAS verse nor can I find a verse for "I can lose my salvation". We use verses that if we look up how its org written and in some cases to whom. Example is where Paul talking to Jewish people that got saved. When they sinned would try to go back and offer something for that sin. So we hear Paul or the sweet sweet Holy Spirit say.. can Christ die again? There is no more sacrifice for that sin. I have heard that verse used in many different ways to which it was never written.

Same with "taste". I can't speak for you but I am 58 was saved since I was like 9 and.. I have only tasted of Him? A NO! Now some food I have tasted ...GJ...PG.. will never go back to that food lol. We've never seen Him. Never just sat with Him in His presence and glory. Never seen His throne and angels come and go bowing. Nor seen all the wonders in heaven that always sing His praise. Never understanding the full cost to Him to die for the worlds sin. Yet we think some sin or some awful thing happening in our life or we get so confused by some other evil fake god that we walk way and its over. You never knew Him to walk away from Him. Salvation is not just some choice. Something that was not was created NEW!

That NEW man which after God is created in righteousness and true holiness. How can I uncreate undo what only a GOD did?...

These are just thoughts I have. We are born of God.. we don't practice sin :) I am just a man do don't take my word for truth lol. So easy to just repent ask Him to put you back on that path.. thats it.. you are. He is Faithful to what CHRIST has ALREADY done! get that? Yeah.. its DONE! So.. no matter what you do in this life.. good or sin...ALWAYS RUN TO HIM! He will get you out of anything. He is truth

Upvote 0

Jamdoc

Watching and Praying Always
Oct 22, 2019
Helena
✟207,321.00
Country
United States
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Single
Once saved always saved is the only way you can feel secure about your salvation, is understanding that there's no way you can earn your way in, or ever be good enough on your own so you have to do a leap of faith, just knowing you're a sinner, that there's no way you deserve heaven or a place in the new earth and that only an act of God's mercy and grace and glory can get you there. So you just throw it out there. God's offering salvation through Jesus Christ atoning for all of our sins, swallow your pride and take the gift.
After that.. well, is it license to sin? Not really. You'll still get chastised by the Lord for transgressions, and He's gonna make sure that the sins unsaved people get away with, you're gonna get caught. You'll be the only one caught, and you'll have everything go wrong to make sure you get a worse than normal punishment out of it too. You fornicate? You're gonna be the one person out of all your friends that gets an STD from it. You get drunk with all your non believer friends? You'll get the sickest. You lie? You'll be the one that gets caught and embarrassed having to fess up the truth and lose the trust of people. You'll still be with the Lord when you die, but you'll have a lot of unfortunate "random" bad luck things happen to you on Earth. They aren't coincidence. It's not just random that you're the only one caught for doing the same sinful and illegal thing that everyone else you know is doing. Hebrews 12:5-8
Even barring that. Even barring any extra punishment... you TRY to avoid sin (impossible, it's our nature) because you love God and you don't want to disappoint Him. Sin stops being pleasurable because you'll know doing it disappoints that which you love most, where before you loved God it was exhilarating to do bad things against man's laws and not get caught, but the risk of being caught or something bad happeneing made it exciting. You love God, now it's not exciting anymore, now you just feel disappointed in yourself, because the Holy Spirit is telling you you can do better. Now you realize someday you're gonna be in His presence, and you're going to be embarrassed because He knows every time you screwed up, and just be thankful He's not disowning you.

But if it's not saved by grace, and it's saved by works, well then you can never be confident that you're saved, because how many works do you have to do for it to count? Is it some sort of credit score? Is it percentile based? How can you be "good enough" to deserve heaven?
If I had to be saved by my own deeds, I'd never be sure I was gonna go to God.
I'd be worried sick constantly that maybe I haven't done enough, I'd especially feel like I had no chance because I'm a cripple and homebound. I'm limited in what I can do does God give handicaps for the handicapped?
Thankfully, I already know there's no way for me to be "Good enough", so I am betting everything on someone who IS good enough, to vouch for me: Jesus Christ.

Upvote 0

OneOfTheMasters

Dec 6, 2019
Alabama
✟114,759.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
Philippians3:13/14
Brethern,I count NOT myself to have apprehended: BUT THIS ONE THING I DO,forgetting those things which are BEHIND,and reaching forth unto those things which are BEFORE,
I press toward the mark for the prize of the high calling of God in Christ Jesus.

I NEVER ,EVER,think about if my walk is eternal!
I TRUST THE FATHER,THE SON,JESUS,AND THE HOLY SPIRIT!

• Agree
Reactions: Francis Drake
Upvote 0

renniks

Jun 2, 2008
✟149,430.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
WHERE IN THE BIBLE?

Where in the bible does it say a believer can be uncrucified with Christ? Where in the bible does it say we can be unredeemed, unsanctifed, unjustified, undelivered, unwashed, unforgiven, unrisen, and unborn-again IN CHRIST? Did Christ not DIE ONCE the just for the UNJUST? Where do we find our victory, in the FINISHED work of Christ or the “unfinished”?
Christ says we must remain in the vine or we will be cut off. I believe this is why there are so many warnings against patterns of sin. We can get so far from him we can fall for false teaching or atheism. Happens all the time. It's not a matter of sinning salvation away, it's a matter of divorcing ourselves from the Spirit until we are open to deception.

Upvote 0

iLearn

Jul 12, 2019
Sabah
✟14,765.00
Country
Malaysia
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
ETERNAL SECURITY/ONCE SAVED ALWAYS SAVED
Only those who are unsure and scared are constantly seeking to be comforted by others with their nicely worded "Once Saved Always Saved" doctrine. Why keep reminding us that OSAS is good? Are you afraid of your future?

If you truly are the son of God, you really don't care about your salvation. Every day it is only God you want to focus and not on yourself. You don't care whether you go to hell or not. Only God matters and He is worthy of All Praises. Not your well being.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Larry Camp

Dec 9, 2019
Mahomet, IL
✟15,203.00
Country
United States
Faith
Lutheran
Marital Status
Married
ETERNAL SECURITY/ONCE SAVED ALWAYS SAVED

There are many who use these terms in a derogatory manor to mock those who believe His blood is sufficient, while others use them to preach a "license to sin". And still yet there are those who understand this salvation is FREEDOM FROM BOTH!!

These are two terms that carry a lot of clout. People are drawn to these statements for good reason. We have a natural “insecurity” in ourselves because of our flesh, the devil, and human reasoning. But on the other side we have The Spirit of His Word that reveals His unconditional love is eternal and can never be lost. But all too often we end up listening to the natural man rather than the Spirit.

The natural man is spiritually discerned and cannot see the things that are IN CHRIST. Our eyes were initially opened by His Grace, "by grace you have been saved", and through this grace faith has something to lay hold of... A power that leads us to our salvation, the Lord Jesus Christ. But as we travel throughout our walk we have a tendency to turn away from the initial power that first opened our eyes. And this happens through several outlets: our own fleshly desires, pride, false doctrine, religion, and Satan. Through these deceptions we often find ourselves entertaining thoughts from the natural man... thoughts that somehow we've progressed beyond the simplicity of the message preached.

As we depart from this message we depart from so much! We leave behind a perfect assurance that contradicts the wisdom of the natural man’s insecurities. We can no longer see how such a simple message could be sufficient for EVERYTHING! This departure from the TRUTH is a departure from the security we have IN CHRIST. A fleeting salvation as our faith is drawn away from a perfect forgiveness. Shipwrecked by our own insecurities we no longer trust in the ANCHOR OF OUR HOPE. So what's left for our faith to lay hold of if not a PERFECT ASSURANCE??

There is no greater assurance than the BLOOD OF THE PERFECT LAMB OF GOD! PURCHASED, WASHED, REDEEMED, JUSTIFIED, SANCTIFIED, ALL through the BLOOD OF GOD’S ONLY BEGOTTEN SON!! ETERNAL REDEMPTION THROUGH THE BLOOD OF JESUS!!

Hebrews 6:19
This HOPE we have as an ANCHOR OF THE SOUL, both sure and steadfast, and which enters the Presence BEHIND THE VEIL

Hebrews 9:12
Not with the BLOOD of goats and calves, but with His own BLOOD HE ENTERED THE MOST HOLY PLACE once for all, having obtained ETERNAL REDEMPTION.

Hebrews 10:19
Therefore, brethren, having BOLDNESS to ENTER THE HOLIEST by the BLOOD OF JESUS

Hebrews 13:12
Therefore Jesus also, that He might sanctify the people with HIS OWN BLOOD, SUFFERED outside the gate.

Hebrews 13:20
Now may the God of peace who brought up our Lord Jesus from the dead, that great Shepherd of the sheep, through the BLOOD of the EVERLASTING COVENANT

1 Peter 1:18-19
knowing that you were not redeemed with corruptible things, like silver or gold, from your aimless conduct received by tradition from your fathers, 19 but with THE PRECIOUS BLOOD OF CHRIST, as of A LAMB WITHOUT BLEMISH AND WITHOUT SPOT.

Revelation 1:5
To Him who loved us and WASHED US FROM OUR SINS IN HIS OWN BLOOD,

Revelation 19:13
He was clothed with a ROBE DIPPED IN BLOOD, and His name is called THE WORD OF GOD.

But INDEED, we can be ASSURED!! We have the man of SORROWS! We have the PERFECT LAMB without BLEMISH! We have HIS BLOOD over our DOORPOST that we may enter the HOLIEST! No longer SCARLET but WHITE AS SNOW we stand before our FATHER… WASHED IN A PERFECT ASSURANCE!!

Grace and Peace....

Upvote 0

Larry Camp

Dec 9, 2019
Mahomet, IL
✟15,203.00
Country
United States
Faith
Lutheran
Marital Status
Married
Only those who are unsure and scared are constantly seeking to be comforted by others with their nicely worded "Once Saved Always Saved" doctrine. Why keep reminding us that OSAS is good? Are you afraid of your future?

If you truly are the son of God, you really don't care about your salvation. Every day it is only God you want to focus and not on yourself. You don't care whether you go to hell or not. Only God matters and He is worthy of All Praises. Not your well being.
o not take Luther out of context. This statement is well known to mean that those who are truly in the Christ, never leave and return on and off. Those who leave the faith we never I the Christ, and therefore, did not leave Him.

Upvote 0

d taylor

Oct 16, 2018
Mississippi
✟251,641.00
Country
United States
Faith
Protestant
Marital Status
Single
Matthew 24:13 has nothing to do with once saved always saved.

Matthew 24:13 is addressing the tribulation age when the Jews will persecuted and Jesus is telling that the Jewish believers at this time, who survive the tribulation will be saved physically, in other words they will not lose their life and will enter into the millennium to be part of the people to repopulate the earth.

Upvote 0

Jesus is YHWH

my Lord and my God !
Site Supporter
Dec 15, 2011
✟389,967.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
As a new believer, I have wrestled with this issue but have come to realize the plain truth in the bible; salvation is not guaranteed. That being said, it's highly unlikely that a born again believer is going to sin deliberately and not ask for forgiveness before his death. If he does, he will probably go to hell with the rest of the sinners.

The "pastors" out there preaching false gospels such as hyper-grace are wolves in sheep's clothing. There's consequences for unrepentant sin, even if one is a born again believer. Many new believers coming into the church and sitting in on these sermons come to the false conclusion that all they need do is say a quick prayer and heaven's gates will open for them. Many of these believers are not getting a proper foundation of the gospel and regardless if they ever pick up a bible and read it they will likely backslide and/or continue in their "come as you are" habits and never go deeper. The biggest problem with the OSAS preachers is that they are telling their congregation that there is no need to repent because "Jesus did it all at the cross". Well, yes Jesus did it all but we are not automatic inheritors of the kingdom while continuing on in sin.

This topic isn't really that important for most born again believers because the Holy Spirit convicts us of our sins to the point of repentance. But if one is new to the church, best you figure out that your present and future sins are not automatically erased from the chalkboard, and that you must repent for them. Unless of course one enjoys vacationing in super hot places.
How can your screen name Romans 8 be reconciled with denying eternal security ?

For I am convinced that neither death nor life, neither angels nor demons, neither the present nor the future, nor any powers, neither height nor depth, nor anything else in all creation, will be able to separate us from the love of God that is in Christ Jesus our Lord" (Romans 8:38–39).

hope this helps !!!

Upvote 0

Skidder

Nov 14, 2019
East
✟37,228.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married

2 Corinthians 12:9
And He said to me, “MY GRACE IS SUFFICIENT for you, for My strength is made perfect in weakness.” Therefore most gladly I will rather boast in my infirmities, that the power of Christ may rest upon me.

Is God’s grace really sufficient or should we mix it with something else to make it more powerful?

Human nature is only capable of bringing glory upon itself, and that is why human nature is always striving to expand God’s Grace to include itself. The carnal mind is incapable of grasping the simplicity that is in Christ, a simplicity found only through the power of His cross. This simplicity can never be attained by human reasoning, nor by human knowledge of the scriptures, but ONLY BY REVELATION THROUGH THE HOLY SPIRIT OF GOD! What do I mean by this? Bear with me as I try to explain…

Trying to explain the pure grace of God to those who believe they can lose their salvation is like trying to compare heaven to earth, very difficult! No matter how much you expose their contradictions to the cross of Christ they just can’t discern what you are saying. The light of the gospel of the glory of Christ is still hidden behind a shroud of human comprehension. And as they continue to mix God’s grace with human effort they have no choice but to keep their salvation through that same human effort. They just can’t see how a “grace that is sufficient” has everything to do with the Gospel of Christ being sufficient (death, burial, and resurrection of Christ), and absolutely nothing from themselves. With good intentions they will often proclaim His body and blood are sufficient, but how could they really believe this if the death, washing, and the resurrection of Christ could be undone? Was it not already FINISHED when they were crucified with Christ, washed in His blood, and raised and seated with Christ in the heavenlies? If they could lose their salvation in any way how could they proclaim they have already been reconciled in the body of His flesh through death, and completely forgiven through His blood?

Colossians 1:20-22
And you, who once were alienated and enemies in your mind by wicked works, yet now He has reconciled IN THE BODY OF HIS FLESH THROUGH DEATH, to present you holy, and blameless, and above reproach in His sight

Ephesians 1:7
IN HIM we have REDEMPTION THROUGH HIS BLOOD, THE FORGIVENESS OF SINS, according to the RICHES OF HIS GRACE

Those who have not yet arrived at the revelation that Christ’s sacrifice is sufficient will often make statements like “if I believed I could never lose my salvation I would do whatever I want”. Why do they say things like this? Because they are still on the outside of a sufficient grace looking in, still trying to attain a grace that is sufficient, still seeking the value of His grace through human effort.

Trying to touch and feel the value of God’s grace is like trying to paddle a canoe against the endless rapids. A feat in itself which will surely prove its own demise. The rapids will eventually take over and you will find yourself floating backwards downstream. Still unable to see the POWER that has already set you free from the rapids themselves.

When a person does finally see the power of His cross they are no longer controlled by “whatever they want” because they now see that the “I” and the “me” have been crucified with Christ! They are now on the inside of sufficient grace looking out where the sting of death and the power of sin has been vanquished! Vanquished by a grace that is sufficient! A grace not separate from the blood and water that flowed from the Lamb of God who was crucified outside the gate!

Early on in my walk as a believer in the Lord Jesus Christ I thought I could lose my salvation. I was afraid to look into the freedom of His grace for fear of MYSELF, but when I came to the end of myself and lifted my hands to the Father with nothing left to give, I saw His blood was sufficient! The fear of myself (some call license to sin) became a freedom from myself. The fear of accepting a "license to sin" was washed away by the endless mercy that flows from the Cross where my Savior bled and died!!!

1 Corinthians 15:10
But by the grace of God I am what I am, and His grace toward me was not in vain; but I labored more abundantly than they all, YET NOT I, BUT THE GRACE OF GOD WHICH WAS WITH ME.

Grace and Peace...

Last edited:
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

Romans 8

Site Supporter
Feb 16, 2019
Canada
✟137,253.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
2 Corinthians 12:9
And He said to me, “MY GRACE IS SUFFICIENT for you, for My strength is made perfect in weakness.” Therefore most gladly I will rather boast in my infirmities, that the power of Christ may rest upon me.

Is God’s grace really sufficient or should we mix it with something else to make it more powerful?

I didn't read any posts arguing that God doesn't have the power to save.

Rather than argue for a doctrine that doesn't exist in the bible, why not argue that born again believers do not deliberately sin?

1Jn 5:18 We know that no one who is born of God sins; but He who was born of God keeps him, and the evil one does not touch him.

Upvote 0

Skidder

Nov 14, 2019
East
✟37,228.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
I didn't read any posts arguing that God doesn't have the power to save.

Rather than argue for a doctrine that doesn't exist in the bible, why not argue that born again believers do not deliberately sin?

1Jn 5:18 We know that no one who is born of God sins; but He who was born of God keeps him, and the evil one does not touch him.
What doctrine doesn't exist? The cross of Christ? The doctrine that says "it is finished". For us to be uncrucified, unwashed, unredeemed, unjustified, unreconciled, unforgiven, undelievered, unbornagian, unraised, and unseated with Christ in the heavenlies? Christ would have to be uncrucified, unburied, unrisen, and unseated in the heavenlies.

Many of those who possess a partial glimpse of Calvary will often preach only a partial crucifixion of their old man. So to them being “crucified with Christ” holds only an “allegorical” meaning. A clouded view of what happened on that hill will only produce a clouded explanation of their Salvation. We must KNOW what happened on that hill before we can PREACH all that accompanies us being crucified with Christ; otherwise our co-death with Christ will remain cloaked under an allegorical, figurative, symbolic, metaphoric, hyperbole. So YES we are crucified with CHRIST, and the only way to be uncrucified with Christ... Christ would have to be uncrucified. AND THAT IS IMPOSSIBLE!

Upvote 0

Romans 8

Site Supporter
Feb 16, 2019
Canada
✟137,253.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
What doctrine doesn't exist? The cross of Christ? The doctrine that says "it is finished". For us to be uncrucified, unwashed, unredeemed, unjustified, unreconciled, unforgiven, undelievered, unbornagian, unraised, and unseated with Christ in the heavenlies? Christ would have to be uncrucified, unburied, unrisen, and unseated in the heavenlies.

Many of those who possess a partial glimpse of Calvary will often preach only a partial crucifixion of their old man. So to them being “crucified with Christ” holds only an “allegorical” meaning. A clouded view of what happened on that hill will only produce a clouded explanation of their Salvation. We must KNOW what happened on that hill before we can PREACH all that accompanies us being crucified with Christ; otherwise our co-death with Christ will remain cloaked under an allegorical, figurative, symbolic, metaphoric, hyperbole. So YES we are crucified with CHRIST, and the only way to be uncrucified with Christ... Christ would have to be uncrucified. AND THAT IS IMPOSSIBLE!

OSAS is not in the bible. It's a doctrine which is pushed by a group of "teachers" such as Joseph Prince, John Crowder, and Paula White to name a few.

Remember, it's not that we're saved no matter how much we sin. It's that we don't sin deliberately once we're truly born again. To be truly born again is not just uttering a prayer and attending church on Sundays. To be born again is a miracle where God puts His Spirit in you and regeneration begins, giving you life in Christ Jesus.

Upvote 0

Charlie24

Oct 17, 2014
✟103,731.00
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Single

Skidder, since we who don't believe in OSAS have a "partial glimpse of Calvary," it would be of great value to us for you to explain exactly what Heb. 6 and Gal. 5 is referring to. Would you explain that for us?

Upvote 0

Skidder

Nov 14, 2019
East
✟37,228.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
OSAS is not in the bible. It's a doctrine which is pushed by a group of "teachers" such as Joseph Prince, John Crowder, and Paula White to name a few.

Remember, it's not that we're saved no matter how much we sin. It's that we don't sin deliberately once we're truly born again. To be truly born again is not just uttering a prayer and attending church on Sundays. To be born again is a miracle where God puts His Spirit in you and regeneration begins, giving you life in Christ Jesus.
OSAS is not in the bible, but eternal life is, along with I've been crucified with Christ and washed from my sins in His blood. If eternal life could be lost it was never eternal to begin with. Do you not know the definition of ETERNAL? Let me help you out..."lasting or existing forever; without end or beginning".

Do you honestly believe the work of His cross can be undone?

Upvote 0