Eternal Life

If God has offered "Eternal Life" by simply choosing to be like a kid again and believe in His son, Jesus and Call upon Him to be saved then why are not people jumping at the chance to do that and live eternally?

It seems to me that, even as intellectual, intelligent, beings, If offered a chance to live for ever in eternal peace, in a place where there is no evil, no pain, no more crying or hurting, That people would be jumping at the oportunity but instead many are turning to any and everything else they can find that offers absolutely nothing but a temporary justifable answer as to why they exist and the history behind it with no interest in their destiny or future!

seebs

God Made Me A Skeptic
Apr 9, 2002
Saint Paul, MN
Visit site
✟55,225.00
Faith
Seeker
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
Well, let me give you a simple answer: If God said that all you had to do to get to eternal paradise were to believe in His prophet, wouldn't you jump at the chance? How about if all you had to do were to worship the Twin Gods Of Light?

There's lots of people out there saying they've got the trick to eternal life, and many of them are pretty much just matters of "faith" or "correct worship".

Upvote 0
Originally posted by seebs
Well, let me give you a simple answer: If God said that all you had to do to get to eternal paradise were to believe in His prophet, wouldn't you jump at the chance? How about if all you had to do were to worship the Twin Gods Of Light?

There's lots of people out there saying they've got the trick to eternal life, and many of them are pretty much just matters of "faith" or "correct worship".

If you believe in God as the Creator, then you also believe that He gave us an instruction book (the bible) to give us directions and guidelines to live by.

And that instruction book gives us the answers on how we obtain eternal life through God!

Upvote 0

kaotic

Learn physics
Sep 22, 2002
North Carolina, USA
Visit site
✟14,836.00
Faith
Agnostic
Politics
US-Democrat
Originally posted by Warrior FC
It's the right forum, I am questioning why people would choose to believe theories that offer no eternal life rather than The Creator that does!

Well for me it's because there is no evidence. The big bang, and theory of evolution both have lots of evidence backing them up. I bet you don't believe in the easter bunny, or closet monsters because there is no evidence for them, or you have some reason not to believe in them. I care if there is a afterlife. I think there is no need for one. I could see if I could live forever on earth, but I can't think of one reason for eternal life.

Upvote 0
Originally posted by seesaw
Well for me it's because there is no evidence. The big bang, and theory of evolution both have lots of evidence backing them up. I bet you don't believe in the easter bunny, or closet monsters because there is no evidence for them, or you have some reason not to believe in them. I care if there is a afterlife. I think there is no need for one. I could see if I could live forever on earth, but I can't think of one reason for eternal life.

Do you believe in FAITH? The bible says that there was evidence of those that did see Jesus and lived while he was here on earth!

Many Chlidren do believe in the easter bunny and the closet monster, That's funny, because God said that unless we come to Him as children then we shall not see or enter the Kingdom of God!

Upvote 0

kaotic

Learn physics
Sep 22, 2002
North Carolina, USA
Visit site
✟14,836.00
Faith
Agnostic
Politics
US-Democrat
Do you believe in FAITH? The bible says that there was evidence of those that did see Jesus and lived while he was here on earth!

I might be wrong, but faith IMO isn't evidence. And never will be.

Upvote 0
I bet you don't believe in the easter bunny, or closet monsters because there is no evidence for them, or you have some reason not to believe in them.

Many Children DO, without a doubt, believe in the easter bunny and the closet monster! That's funny, because God said that unless we come to Him as "Like a" Child then we shall not see or enter the Kingdom of God!

I now see why He said that!

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

seebs

God Made Me A Skeptic
Apr 9, 2002
Saint Paul, MN
Visit site
✟55,225.00
Faith
Seeker
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
It's the right forum, I am questioning why people would choose to believe theories that offer no eternal life rather than The Creator that does!

Because they have evidence to support those theories.

Okay, let me offer you an example. I have two theories. One is that I own a cat. The other is that there is an invisible pixie which leaves cat poop in the litter box and eats cat food, which has left the illusion of a cat to fool me, and if I believe in this pixie, I will live forever.

What should I believe?

Upvote 0

Freodin

Devout believer in a theologically different God
Mar 9, 2002
Germany, Bavaria, Middle Franconia
Visit site
✟242,764.00
Faith
Atheist
This theory of "eternal life", while it may be right, contradicts observable evidence.

You may believe that your faith in God will provide you with eternal life. You cannot show that.

I, on the other hand, believe that you will die - and I can show that. (Even if I would have to kill you to prove my point.)

Upvote 0

JohnR7

Feb 9, 2002
Ohio
✟29,532.00
Faith
Pentecostal
Marital Status
Married
Originally posted by seebs
I have two theories. One is that I own a cat.

It is a theory that you own a cat? Why are you the only one that can see this cat? I think I remember a guy who had a bunny that no one else could see. He named him Harvey.

So do you have a cat named Harvey?

invisible pixie which leaves cat poop in the litter box

That would be a violation of all known laws of computer science. When pixels disappear no one can find any trace of them anywhere. No matter how hard you look, they are gone.

Upvote 0

kaotic

Learn physics
Sep 22, 2002
North Carolina, USA
Visit site
✟14,836.00
Faith
Agnostic
Politics
US-Democrat
Originally posted by JohnR7
It is a theory that you own a cat? Why are you the only one that can see this cat? I think I remember a guy who had a bunny that no one else could see. He named him Harvey.

So do you have a cat named Harvey?

people can see the cat, all the have to do is goto his house. or he can take a netcam and show people, or pictures.

Upvote 0

JohnR7

Feb 9, 2002
Ohio
✟29,532.00
Faith
Pentecostal
Marital Status
Married
people can see the cat, all the have to do is goto his house. or he can take a netcam and show people, or pictures.

Yeah, that is what we say about the miracles and the healing. If people are interested enough, they will check it out. If they are not interested, they will not check into it.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

Nathan Poe

Sep 21, 2002
United States
✟41,319.00
Faith
Agnostic
Politics
US-Democrat
Many Children DO, without a doubt, believe in the easter bunny and the closet monster! That's funny, because God said that unless we come to Him as "Like a" Child then we shall not see or enter the Kingdom of God!

Because we have to believe in the Easter Bunny and the Closet Monster in order to enter the Kingdom of God?

Upvote 0

Nathan Poe

Sep 21, 2002
United States
✟41,319.00
Faith
Agnostic
Politics
US-Democrat

Because the theories without eternal life have more evidence backing them up?

Because we decide what we believe in based on whether we think it's true, not whether it makes us feel better about ourselves?

Because in the long run, unpleasant realities are better than comforting mythologies?

"We tell children about Santa Claus, the Easter Bunny, and the Tooth Fairy for reasons we think emotionally sound, but then we disabuse them of these myths before they're grown. Why retract? Because their well-being as adults depends on them knowing the world as it really is. We worry, and for good reason, about adults who still believe in Santa Claus." --Carl Sagan, The Demon-Haunted World.

Upvote 0

Angel75

Sep 28, 2002
✟805.00

and we know they are mythical creatures. not a good argument for the existence of jc :)

Upvote 0

JohnR7

Feb 9, 2002
Ohio
✟29,532.00
Faith
Pentecostal
Marital Status
Married
It seems to me that, even as intellectual, intelligent, beings, 

It depends on if you have Godly intellegence, or if all you have is mans intelligence. When Jesus was born we are told that the shephards came to visit Him & they gave Praise and Glory to God for the things they had seen. The three wise men came, and they proclaimed that Jesus would be king. Simon a man who spent all of his time at the temple, went to see the baby, and he saw the salvation of God. But most people look and all they see is a baby, because they do not know God. Only in knowing our creator can we know that Jesus was sent to save the world.

Upvote 0
Originally posted by Angel75
and we know they are mythical creatures. not a good argument for the existence of jc :)

You have missed the point! God simply says that we must believe in Him as a child to enter the kingdom of Heaven!

The only way you will ever have evidence from God is to first, believe that He is!

If you can't believe, then you'll never have evidence from God that He exists!

Now why doesn't God reveal Himself to you? Because you don't believe that He exists!

Why did God choose that you must believe, without seeing? Because He requires FAITH!

Now why does He make the rules? Because He is God and we arn't!

Upvote 0