Visit site
✟252,319.00
Country
Australia
Faith
SDA
Marital Status
Married
You haven’t made an argument. You stated a premise, and you’ve posted scripture. You’ve not exegeted a single verse to show how the verse, used in context, supports your claim. Plus, your understanding of what salvation means leaves out a lot of what salvation is. You don’t even include election. Or regeneration. So, are you going to exegete any verses, or do I have to do all of the work?
Sorry I respectfully disagree. Prove it your claims with scripture. So far you have not provided anything that supports your view that we can believe Gods' Word and not follow what Gods' Word says and still receive God's promises. James calls this the faith of devils in James 2:17-26 so I do not understand your position here. I have asked you also for clarification by asking you question that you will not answer so I do not understand your reasoning. All I see here if I am being honest with you are your words disagreeing with Gods' Word as shown in the linked post here that shows God's promises are conditional on believing and following what God's Word says. So at the moment unless you can prove your claims here all I am seeing are your words arguing with Gods' Word in the linked post provided here so we will agree to disagree.

Upvote 0

Hammster

The fool hath said in his heart, There is no God.
Christian Forums Staff
Site Advisor
Site Supporter
Apr 5, 2007
New Jerusalem
Visit site
✟1,731,561.00
Country
United States
Faith
Reformed
Marital Status
Married
Sorry I respectfully disagree. Prove it. All I see here are your words disagreeing with Gods' Word as shown in the linked post here that shows God's promises are conditional on believing and following what God's Word says. So at the moment unless you can prove your claims here all I am seeing are your words arguing with Gods' Word in the linked post provided here so we will agree to disagree.
Prove what? My claim is that you haven’t exegeted anything. I can post a link to your post if you’d like that shows no exegesis for any verse you posted. So if you want me to do the work of exegesis, at least give me the verse you think best supports your argument.

Upvote 0

LoveGodsWord

Jun 5, 2017
Queensland
Visit site
✟252,319.00
Country
Australia
Faith
SDA
Marital Status
Married
Prove what? My claim is that you haven’t exegeted anything. I can post a link to your post if you’d like that shows no exegesis for any verse you posted. So if you want me to do the work of exegesis, at least give me the verse you think best supports your argument.
Yes you said this already. My response was that I respectfully disagree with your claims here. I already have shown that I have exegeted what I have shared here from the scriptures from post linked post here that shows that Gods' promises are conditional on believing and following what God's Word says. All you have posted in response to these scriptures is that you disagree without showing why you disagree from the scriptures so I have nothing more to discuss with you in this regards. I have asked you to prove your claims from the scriptures and your welcome to if you want to. I have also asked you to provide scripture that supports your view that Gods promises are not conditional on believing and following what God's Word says. You have done neither. All you have provided is that you disagree with the linked post above that shows from the scriptures that God's promises in the old and new covenant are conditional. Of course you are free to believe as you wish. That is between you and God. So I have nothing more to say to you except we will agree to disagree unless you can show from the scriptures why it is you disagree. So far you have been unable to do so.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

Hammster

The fool hath said in his heart, There is no God.
Christian Forums Staff
Site Advisor
Site Supporter
Apr 5, 2007
New Jerusalem
Visit site
✟1,731,561.00
Country
United States
Faith
Reformed
Marital Status
Married
Yes you said this already. My response was that I respectfully disagree with your claims here. I already have shown that I have exegeted what I have shared here from the scriptures from post linked post here that shows that Gods' promises are conditional on believing and following what God's Word says. All you have posted in response to these scriptures is that you disagree without showing why you disagree from the scriptures so I have nothing more to discuss with you in this regards. I have asked you to prove your claims from the scriptures and your welcome to if you want to. I have also asked you to provide scripture that supports your view that Gods promises are not conditional on believing and following what God's Word says. You have done neither. All you have provided is that you disagree with the linked post above that shows from the scriptures that God's promises in the old and new covenant are conditional. Of course you are free to believe as you wish. That is between you and God. So I have nothing more to say to you except we will agree to disagree unless you can show from the scriptures why it is you disagree. So far you have been unable to do so.
I’m not going to do your work for you on every verse. So I’m asking you to just give me your best one, I’ll do the work and show you how it doesn’t make your argument. It’s really that simple.

Upvote 0