johnkw

Jul 5, 2012
Visit site
✟15,274.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
So Johnkw it is ok in your view for God to allow people for a limited time to suffer, but not a "little longer".
and I see suffering for a limited time as fundamentally different from suffering for eternity. The former is consistent with what God revealed about his nature (He's just *and* loving) and plan (to reconcile all--Col. 1). The latter is not.

I'm sorry, but I don't accept your view of reconciling as a simple 'making right' to be what Paul's talking about in the context of Colossians 1. In fact, v. 21 says, "And you, that were sometime alienated and enemies in your mind by wicked works, yet now hath he reconciled", so that clearly the reconciliation Paul has in mind is something good for both parties.

Upvote 0

johnkw

Jul 5, 2012
Visit site
✟15,274.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
:thumbsup:

John 5

28 Marvel not at this: for the hour is coming, in the which all that are in the graves shall hear his voice, 29 And shall come forth; they that have done good, unto the resurrection of life; and they that have done evil, unto the resurrection of damnation.

What is damnation? Your worldview fed by 1500 years of misinformation demands it to mean eternal torment. It simply means judgment. krima is the greek word. The verb krino means to judge, and there's an ultimate form of that--katakrino, the prefix kata putting a special emphasis upon it.

In fact, in the king james, often damnation is used for simple judgment (krima), so you have to be careful with the word. I suppose newer translations have a better, more refined, translation. To the point, John 5:29 has krima, so it should just be translated 'judgment'. It takes a monumental leap to say that that means eternal torment, whether you use boldface type or not.

Upvote 0
Status
Not open for further replies.