Fairmont
✟14,449.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Does God really think it's best for people to not have eternal companions? If it's not good for man to be alone in the Garden of Eden (Genesis 2:18), it's not good for man to be alone in Heaven, or rather the Resurrection Life, either. No marriage or romance in heaven would mean that God is taking away part of his perfect creation, and that parts of his original plan failed and will not be restored?
What do you think of
(Is There Companionship In Heaven & Marriage On The New Earth?! by Prophets Among US)? The uploader calls himself Moses Ben David, and claims to have been Raphael before being born. Isn't Raphael also the name of a non-canonical angel in the Book of Tobit? I asked the so-called "Moses Ben David" if he is Mormon or a Latter-Day Saint (LDS), but he denies it.
Similar is the OffTheLeftEye video at
(How You Will Find Your Soul Mate After Death). Related is Didn’t Jesus Say There’s No Marriage in Heaven?, but proceed to that site with caution, because Lee Woofenden and Off The Left Eye are both fringe teachers of a Swedenborgian cult. They also counter popular Christian doctrines that are not taught in the Bible such as the Trinity of Persons and Sola Fide, but that's a good topic for another thread.
Thoughts

• Friendly
Reactions: DragonFox91

DragonFox91

Dec 20, 2020
Michigan
✟215,925.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Republican
Thanks for sharing. I'll have to check the videos out. I did read the article. I have heard in the past what Jesus is talking about is the 'transactional' marriage that it was considered (and still is really even to this day) is done.

I do trust God there is marriage on the New Earth.

But a proper warning needs to go up: If there is no marriage, that is good too - b/c God is good - & we should also not put it as a foundational hope.

I also think it's sinful for the brethren to throw up their hands & say 'God won't give me a marriage here, so I'll wait for the resurrection.' No! That is also doubting the goodness of God.

Last edited:
Reactions: timewerx

Redemption25

Nov 7, 2020
anaheim
✟16,498.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Private
Who here believes the possibility that everyone will receive an eternal companion once we are in Heaven? I've been researching this of late, and there is much debate about it. I don't think anyone really has the knowledge of what Heaven will be like, so it might be interesting to talk about it. I think as a single person, it sounds wonderful, if it is true, and I think a lot of arguments for it, are very sound that there could be companionship between two souls, and that new companionships can form if someone didn't get to experience it on Earth, but on the New Earth and Heaven.

What do you think?

Redemption25

Nov 7, 2020
anaheim
✟16,498.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Private
Thank you, that's awesome!

I've been following some comments on another social media venue, and this is what this particular person says, that you and others might find interesting, as well:

I don't believe Jesus was referring to Marriage as a whole in Matthew 22:30 I believe he was referring to Levirate Law Marriage, I believe that the Marriage just like Adam and Eve will continue, I believe Earthly Marriages, Contract and Property Marriages aren't in Heaven but I believe Spiritual Marriages between one man and one woman only, I believe Spiritual Marriages are what we're supposed to have on Earth, not agreements and social contracts, Earthly Marriages I believe are finite and not Blessed By God, but a Marriage between two devout loving Christians will not only align with the Holy Spirit but will be Blessed By God too because they were truly meant for each-other, not just on a physical attraction and mental attraction but also a spiritual attraction as well, I believe that Jesus is also giving us physically resurrected bodies for the The New Earth, our original bodies on Earth made New and still ourselves but made whole and perfected, this view of Heaven that being in God's presence will be the ultimate fulfillment of our existence, and our free-will submission is absolute to him, would not cause a sense of Happiness but rather servitude, when I believe Christ came to free us and the only reason law or rules on Earth exists on the levels of sin is because sin exists, I believe in Genesis God created Adam and Eve to enjoy absolute freedom and still be under God without Evil and sin and enjoy happiness and freedom under God, I believe New Earth is Eden 2.0 and God's Kingdom itself is located in Jerusalem and will become the New Jerusalem, and I believe in our physically resurrected bodies, we will have children as well, God Bless...I think that Matthew

Upvote 0

Gifts From Above

Oct 23, 2020
Washington
✟8,217.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
Thank you, that's awesome!

I've been following some comments on another social media venue, and this is what this particular person says, that you and others might find interesting, as well:

I don't believe Jesus was referring to Marriage as a whole in Matthew 22:30 I believe he was referring to Levirate Law Marriage, I believe that the Marriage just like Adam and Eve will continue, I believe Earthly Marriages, Contract and Property Marriages aren't in Heaven but I believe Spiritual Marriages between one man and one woman only, I believe Spiritual Marriages are what we're supposed to have on Earth, not agreements and social contracts, Earthly Marriages I believe are finite and not Blessed By God, but a Marriage between two devout loving Christians will not only align with the Holy Spirit but will be Blessed By God too because they were truly meant for each-other, not just on a physical attraction and mental attraction but also a spiritual attraction as well, I believe that Jesus is also giving us physically resurrected bodies for the The New Earth, our original bodies on Earth made New and still ourselves but made whole and perfected, this view of Heaven that being in God's presence will be the ultimate fulfillment of our existence, and our free-will submission is absolute to him, would not cause a sense of Happiness but rather servitude, when I believe Christ came to free us and the only reason law or rules on Earth exists on the levels of sin is because sin exists, I believe in Genesis God created Adam and Eve to enjoy absolute freedom and still be under God without Evil and sin and enjoy happiness and freedom under God, I believe New Earth is Eden 2.0 and God's Kingdom itself is located in Jerusalem and will become the New Jerusalem, and I believe in our physically resurrected bodies, we will have children as well, God Bless...I think that Matthew

No, Jesus was quite clear in Matthew 22 that there is no marriage in heaven.

Beware of the evil influence of the LDS Church who teach this strange doctrine.

Reactions: IntriKate
Upvote 0

QvQ

Aug 18, 2019
AZ
✟102,243.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
Are you speaking concerning marriage in heaven? If so Jesus spoke out against it.

Matthew 22:23-32
There are many people I truly wish to meet again, another time, another place. I envision a place where I could be with all of them together, forever. Our time and space here was fragmentary and limited.
I hope I see all of my loved ones but agree that Jesus spoke against marriage in heaven.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Jamdoc

Watching and Praying Always
Oct 22, 2019
Helena
✟207,524.00
Country
United States
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Single
Who here believes the possibility that everyone will receive an eternal companion once we are in Heaven? I've been researching this of late, and there is much debate about it. I don't think anyone really has the knowledge of what Heaven will be like, so it might be interesting to talk about it. I think as a single person, it sounds wonderful, if it is true, and I think a lot of arguments for it, are very sound that there could be companionship between two souls, and that new companionships can form if someone didn't get to experience it on Earth, but on the New Earth and Heaven.

What do you think?

It'd be what I'd prefer, but it's not something that's really specified in the bible. As far as we know in the bible itself we are just in a relationship with Jesus and are brothers and sisters to everyone else and that's it.
which is always disheartening that my one intimate relationship is with another male, and that God who originally said "it is not good that the man should be alone" changes His mind and after the resurrection it IS good that the man should be alone.
But.. nothing in the bible says otherwise.

Or I should say, marriage is certainly specified as not being a thing in eternity but whether or not you'll have some sort of companionship aside from just.. a mess of "brothers" and "sisters" which is more like acquaintances where the most affection you show to them is sidehugs and handshakes is all.
There's no intimacy in those relationships.
So I guess I hold out hope that Jesus just meant the earthly marriage where it's like a legal contract, but He didn't mean that men and woman aren't still made for each other.

Last edited:
Reactions: Redemption25
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

Redemption25

Nov 7, 2020
anaheim
✟16,498.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Private
It'd be what I'd prefer, but it's not something that's really specified in the bible. As far as we know in the bible itself we are just in a relationship with Jesus and are brothers and sisters to everyone else and that's it.
which is always disheartening that my one intimate relationship is with another male, and that God who originally said "it is not good that the man should be alone" changes His mind and after the resurrection it IS good that the man should be alone.
But.. nothing in the bible says otherwise.
Are you gay? I think, too, that it is odd in my finite mind, that God should change His mind about a companion, especially since Adam had such a close fellowship with Him in the garden, and yet still God said that it was not good he is alone. When He made Eve, He said it is good. So in Heaven it will become bad? I have seen arguments saying that if we have companions in Heaven, then we cannot rightfully worship God, but Genesis completely dispels that.

Upvote 0

Jamdoc

Watching and Praying Always
Oct 22, 2019
Helena
✟207,524.00
Country
United States
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Single
Are you gay? I think, too, that it is odd in my finite mind, that God should change His mind about a companion, especially since Adam had such a close fellowship with Him in the garden, and yet still God said that it was not good he is alone. When He made Eve, He said it is good. So in Heaven it will become bad? I have seen arguments saying that if we have companions in Heaven, then we cannot rightfully worship God, but Genesis completely dispels that.

No, not in the slightest. that's why I dislike the idea that I wouldn't be able to have an intimate relationship with a woman in eternity.
to be perfectly honest it cranks latent homophobia up to 11 to think that my only intimate relationship is with Jesus, a male.
It's frankly emasculating.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

ImAllLikeOkWaitWat

For who can resist his will?
Aug 18, 2015
✟328,357.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
No, not in the slightest. that's why I dislike the idea that I wouldn't be able to have an intimate relationship with a woman in eternity.
to be perfectly honest it cranks latent homophobia up to 11 to think that my only intimate relationship is with Jesus, a male.

Don't you think they would allow you an intimate relationship if its this much of a problem? I mean it can't be heaven if people aren't getting their needs met.

Upvote 0