anaheim
✟16,498.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Private
Who here believes the possibility that everyone will receive an eternal companion once we are in Heaven? I've been researching this of late, and there is much debate about it. I don't think anyone really has the knowledge of what Heaven will be like, so it might be interesting to talk about it. I think as a single person, it sounds wonderful, if it is true, and I think a lot of arguments for it, are very sound that there could be companionship between two souls, and that new companionships can form if someone didn't get to experience it on Earth, but on the New Earth and Heaven.

What do you think?

Redemption25

Nov 7, 2020
anaheim
✟16,498.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Private
Thank you, that's awesome!

I've been following some comments on another social media venue, and this is what this particular person says, that you and others might find interesting, as well:

I don't believe Jesus was referring to Marriage as a whole in Matthew 22:30 I believe he was referring to Levirate Law Marriage, I believe that the Marriage just like Adam and Eve will continue, I believe Earthly Marriages, Contract and Property Marriages aren't in Heaven but I believe Spiritual Marriages between one man and one woman only, I believe Spiritual Marriages are what we're supposed to have on Earth, not agreements and social contracts, Earthly Marriages I believe are finite and not Blessed By God, but a Marriage between two devout loving Christians will not only align with the Holy Spirit but will be Blessed By God too because they were truly meant for each-other, not just on a physical attraction and mental attraction but also a spiritual attraction as well, I believe that Jesus is also giving us physically resurrected bodies for the The New Earth, our original bodies on Earth made New and still ourselves but made whole and perfected, this view of Heaven that being in God's presence will be the ultimate fulfillment of our existence, and our free-will submission is absolute to him, would not cause a sense of Happiness but rather servitude, when I believe Christ came to free us and the only reason law or rules on Earth exists on the levels of sin is because sin exists, I believe in Genesis God created Adam and Eve to enjoy absolute freedom and still be under God without Evil and sin and enjoy happiness and freedom under God, I believe New Earth is Eden 2.0 and God's Kingdom itself is located in Jerusalem and will become the New Jerusalem, and I believe in our physically resurrected bodies, we will have children as well, God Bless...I think that Matthew

Upvote 0

Gifts From Above

Oct 23, 2020
Washington
✟8,217.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
Thank you, that's awesome!

I've been following some comments on another social media venue, and this is what this particular person says, that you and others might find interesting, as well:

I don't believe Jesus was referring to Marriage as a whole in Matthew 22:30 I believe he was referring to Levirate Law Marriage, I believe that the Marriage just like Adam and Eve will continue, I believe Earthly Marriages, Contract and Property Marriages aren't in Heaven but I believe Spiritual Marriages between one man and one woman only, I believe Spiritual Marriages are what we're supposed to have on Earth, not agreements and social contracts, Earthly Marriages I believe are finite and not Blessed By God, but a Marriage between two devout loving Christians will not only align with the Holy Spirit but will be Blessed By God too because they were truly meant for each-other, not just on a physical attraction and mental attraction but also a spiritual attraction as well, I believe that Jesus is also giving us physically resurrected bodies for the The New Earth, our original bodies on Earth made New and still ourselves but made whole and perfected, this view of Heaven that being in God's presence will be the ultimate fulfillment of our existence, and our free-will submission is absolute to him, would not cause a sense of Happiness but rather servitude, when I believe Christ came to free us and the only reason law or rules on Earth exists on the levels of sin is because sin exists, I believe in Genesis God created Adam and Eve to enjoy absolute freedom and still be under God without Evil and sin and enjoy happiness and freedom under God, I believe New Earth is Eden 2.0 and God's Kingdom itself is located in Jerusalem and will become the New Jerusalem, and I believe in our physically resurrected bodies, we will have children as well, God Bless...I think that Matthew

No, Jesus was quite clear in Matthew 22 that there is no marriage in heaven.

Beware of the evil influence of the LDS Church who teach this strange doctrine.

Reactions: IntriKate
Upvote 0

QvQ

Aug 18, 2019
AZ
✟99,831.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
Are you speaking concerning marriage in heaven? If so Jesus spoke out against it.

Matthew 22:23-32
There are many people I truly wish to meet again, another time, another place. I envision a place where I could be with all of them together, forever. Our time and space here was fragmentary and limited.
I hope I see all of my loved ones but agree that Jesus spoke against marriage in heaven.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Jamdoc

Watching and Praying Always
Oct 22, 2019
Helena
✟203,984.00
Country
United States
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Single
Who here believes the possibility that everyone will receive an eternal companion once we are in Heaven? I've been researching this of late, and there is much debate about it. I don't think anyone really has the knowledge of what Heaven will be like, so it might be interesting to talk about it. I think as a single person, it sounds wonderful, if it is true, and I think a lot of arguments for it, are very sound that there could be companionship between two souls, and that new companionships can form if someone didn't get to experience it on Earth, but on the New Earth and Heaven.

What do you think?

It'd be what I'd prefer, but it's not something that's really specified in the bible. As far as we know in the bible itself we are just in a relationship with Jesus and are brothers and sisters to everyone else and that's it.
which is always disheartening that my one intimate relationship is with another male, and that God who originally said "it is not good that the man should be alone" changes His mind and after the resurrection it IS good that the man should be alone.
But.. nothing in the bible says otherwise.

Or I should say, marriage is certainly specified as not being a thing in eternity but whether or not you'll have some sort of companionship aside from just.. a mess of "brothers" and "sisters" which is more like acquaintances where the most affection you show to them is sidehugs and handshakes is all.
There's no intimacy in those relationships.
So I guess I hold out hope that Jesus just meant the earthly marriage where it's like a legal contract, but He didn't mean that men and woman aren't still made for each other.

Last edited:
Reactions: Redemption25
Upvote 0

Redemption25

Nov 7, 2020
anaheim
✟16,498.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Private
It'd be what I'd prefer, but it's not something that's really specified in the bible. As far as we know in the bible itself we are just in a relationship with Jesus and are brothers and sisters to everyone else and that's it.
which is always disheartening that my one intimate relationship is with another male, and that God who originally said "it is not good that the man should be alone" changes His mind and after the resurrection it IS good that the man should be alone.
But.. nothing in the bible says otherwise.
Are you gay? I think, too, that it is odd in my finite mind, that God should change His mind about a companion, especially since Adam had such a close fellowship with Him in the garden, and yet still God said that it was not good he is alone. When He made Eve, He said it is good. So in Heaven it will become bad? I have seen arguments saying that if we have companions in Heaven, then we cannot rightfully worship God, but Genesis completely dispels that.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

Jamdoc

Oct 22, 2019
Helena
✟203,984.00
Country
United States
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Single
Are you gay? I think, too, that it is odd in my finite mind, that God should change His mind about a companion, especially since Adam had such a close fellowship with Him in the garden, and yet still God said that it was not good he is alone. When He made Eve, He said it is good. So in Heaven it will become bad? I have seen arguments saying that if we have companions in Heaven, then we cannot rightfully worship God, but Genesis completely dispels that.

No, not in the slightest. that's why I dislike the idea that I wouldn't be able to have an intimate relationship with a woman in eternity.
to be perfectly honest it cranks latent homophobia up to 11 to think that my only intimate relationship is with Jesus, a male.
It's frankly emasculating.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

ImAllLikeOkWaitWat

For who can resist his will?
Aug 18, 2015
✟326,457.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
No, not in the slightest. that's why I dislike the idea that I wouldn't be able to have an intimate relationship with a woman in eternity.
to be perfectly honest it cranks latent homophobia up to 11 to think that my only intimate relationship is with Jesus, a male.

Don't you think they would allow you an intimate relationship if its this much of a problem? I mean it can't be heaven if people aren't getting their needs met.

Upvote 0

Redemption25

Nov 7, 2020
anaheim
✟16,498.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Private
Sharing some more comments from other social media venues. I find it very thought provoking. Maybe you will too... :

Marriage is good, but if we seek our loved ones in heaven more than Jesus then we cannot hope to be with him, because what makes Heaven Heaven IS the presence of Christ. If we seek Him & love Him FIRST then we can hope for other relationships being given back to us exalted and purified.

“Neither marry nor are given in marriage” is an idiom used for everyday business contractual marriages. That is what will not exist in the Resurrection. But what will exits is what God did with Adam and Eve. It is a joining together of between a man and a woman for eternity and continue to have children for eternity.

Ponder this the Family unit was created before sin entered into the world and therefore the family unit was meant for eternity. Jesus is coming back get rid of sin and it’s effects and to bring His Presence. So what is In Genesis 1 and 2 will be in the end but way better. “For as the new heavens and the new earth, which I will make, shall remain before me, saith the Lord, so shall your seed and your name remain.” -Isaiah 66:22.

Besides, when Jesus comes back He will restore the earth, and the human race, as it was in the beginning,(before the sin) Adam and Eve were made to live forever and reproduce, And if this is going to be restored, then we will be able to form families. The family unit will last forever.

I agree my brother who didn't have a chance to be in Union with someone they will then who never had children on Earth they will then people need to understand the love of our father what happen in the beginning shall happen in the end.

Christ came to restore to man what man lost in the garden. We have no concept of how different life is today from what it was in the garden. Our minds, sight, hearing, strength, abilities were all suppressed by the curse of sin. In fact, every aspect of our being and our lives is affected by the curse of sin (Rom. 8:18-25). Therefore no one has ever known what marriage was originally created to be like, a true and complete harmony of two unique creations brought together as one by the Creator God. Those who have been happily married still can not imagine what marriage would be like if sin and its consequences were totally removed. In my way of thinking, if God created a perfect world with perfect human beings in a perfect relationship, why would He toss this away with the transformation at the resurrection? We would never have the opportunity to experience all of the beauty of God’s perfect original creation. Now when we talk about the Lord restoring things to man that he lost due to sin, we see no problems talking about our transformed bodies having perfect vision, perfect hearing, perfect taste, perfect smell, perfect physique and etc. We see no problems talking about living in a perfect world where animals live in harmony with man and nature just as God created it. We have no problem with eating, learning, singing, walking, talking, smelling, tasting, hearing, touching but when it comes to the issue of marriage and sex we for some reason feel that aspect of the original creation will be left out in the resurrection and restoration of creation."

If Peter was given the keys to bind whatsoever on earth and in heaven then suppose it not a stretch to reason should he bind a man and women together in marriage that their marriage would be sealed for all time and eternity. Also read Matt. Ch 19 vs 4-8 What God hath joined together let not man put assunder. IN THE BEGINNING THIS WAS NOT SO, BUT FOR THE HARDNESS OF MEN'S HEARTS. Eternal marriage was in the beginning. Eternal marriage and the powers to bind on earth and in heaven have been restored. But even baptism for the remission of sins if not believed profits a man nothing, and so the power to be sealed for time and eternity if not believed will profit that man nothing. Reserved ONLY for those who believe... so hate all you want, not for you...

I believe the Bible is very clear. Jesus Christ died in a mortal body, and Jesus Christ rise with an immortal body. We will be raised up just like that in the last days. This is certainly true.

I don't believe your marriage is literally to Jesus, if you truly love your wife I believe she'll still be your companion in Heaven and New Earth... Marriage to Jesus, makes sense that it is symbolic, part of God's family, not a literal marriage to Jesus...

I study my Bible a lot and I believe that in Christianity, God is not only a loving God but he wants us to be happy too, I've come across Matthew 22:30 and felt majorly depressed thinking we weren't going to be with our committed in heart soul-mate until, it made total sense that Jesus was referring to a contract and arrangement based marriage and Jewish practices from Old Testament traditions, if love between a male and female in the Bible was meant to be our Earthly means why create male and female for companionship and not two guys in Eden for friendship, problem with the No Marriage/Companionship In Heaven is to say being God's presence will be so mesmerizing that we'll not even be able to walk in Heaven, if I'm correct before Eve Adam was lonely even knowing God and I believe it stands to reason that Adam was in the presence of God and yet his free-will still existed, I believe its in Isaiah about women will no longer labor in pain and children will never be dealt with misfortune, me personally I believe its talking about New Earth, I see No Marriage In Heaven as seriously damaging doctrine, I believe many Christians have turned away from faithbecause of this doctrine, I believe this view is poison, being in God's presence and thats all you will be satisfied through Eternity, sounds like a form of Christian Budaism, I'm against that completely, its not selfish or wrong to have our own wants and desires, I believe God want whats best for us and companionship in Eternity is something we all want and its not selfish its just being human, hope this helps answer of your questions God Bless

Matthew 22:30, the verse gets weaponized constantly, I wish people would stop that that No Marriage In Heaven or New Earth is a very damaging and dangerous doctrine, its like saying hopes and desires in Heaven and New Earth is evil, really ok I write down everything Modern Churches teach about this and when I hear this it causes fear, the devil uses fear but God causes conviction and brings hope, key words "Not Depression" but "HOPE

I believe these verses are referring to New Earth Isaiah 65 17-25 Isaiah 11 6-9 I hope these verses give you peace,

The verses in Matthew 22:23-30 about their being mo marrying nor giving in marriage in the resurrection, has indeed been weaponized and misinterpreted by most Mainstream Christian preachers. for the proper understanding it is best to go back to the Greek in which it was written. There are two Greek words for “marry”. The one used by Christ in this context (Matthew 22:30) is “Gamousin”, meaning the action of performing a marriage ceremony. Christ specifically uses the word indicative for the action of getting married, as wat will no longer be performed in Heaven. Christt does not use the word “Pantremenos”, which is indicative of the state of being married. In the resurrection there will be no marrying, nor giving in marriage; for all questions of marital status must be settled before that time, under the authority and sanctification of the Holy Priesthood, which holds the power to seal marriages both on Earth and in Heaven, For neither is the man without the woman, neither the woman without the man, 'in the Lord', and what God has joined together let no man put asunder. There is plenty of doctrine that shows marriage to be an eternal principle. the issue is that a proper marriage, one that is recognized, sanctioned, and ordained of God, must also be performed, and lived according to God's authority, will, and precepts. one of the points Jesus was trying to make in Matthew 22 is that the audience being the Sadducees, didn't believe in the resurrection in the first place, and thus their disbelief in the lesser teachings of God would prevent them from understanding the deeper teachings of God, thus Jesus says that they err, not knowing either the power of God, nor the scriptures. However, one has to ask themselves, why would the Sadducees even bring up the question the way that they did, if it were not for the fact that Jesus had already been teaching about marriage perpetuating beyond the resurrection. They didn't ask the generic question of will marriage exist in the resurrection, they specifically asked who she would be married to in the resurrection, presumably because Jesus had already been preaching about the fact that their will be marriage companionship in the resurrection. But Jesus Skirts around their manipulative wording, and goes straight to the heart of "their" issue, which was that their is no resurrection in the first place. and Jesus preaches as blatantly and matter-of-factly, that there will be a resurrection and that they should have looked closer at the scriptures that they memorized because right in the law of Moses it says whose wife she would be. all of the brothers only marry the wife to "raise up seed unto their brother" (her first husband)(Mark 12:19; Deuteronomy 25:4-5). but that since they (the Sadducees) do not hold the authority of God, none of the marriages that they perform will be recognized by God, but if those marriages don't become sealed by God's power and authority prior to them being resurrected, those people will become angels in Heaven because those who do not accept the proper authority and power of God will not be blessed to retain the highest of glories in Heaven, where marriage is to be perpetuated. Only those in the highest of glories, and inheritances will retain the marital companionship connections with their mortal spouse. God has provided a way for all to partake of His goodness and glory, and denies none that come unto Him with a sincere heart and contrite mind. it is us that has to lay down our pride, and follow His guidance and teachings no matter where they lead us, even if that means having to let go of some things that we thought we knew about Him and His ways.

Neither is the man without the woman, neither the woman without the man in the Lord (1 Corinthians 11:11). Woman was taken out of man, for this reason, shall a man leave his father and mother and cleave unto his wife that they become one flesh [again] (Genesis 2:23-24). Therefore what God has joined together, let no man put asunder, (Mark 10:9). All commandments and teachings God gives are of eternal and spiritual import and nature. Thus, looking at these doctrines with an eternal/ spiritual perspective, marriage is an eternal principle. In fact the entire over-arching narrative of the Bible is about marriage being an eternally applicable principle. Jesus Himself tells of parables of marriage where He is the groom and the church, his bride, and that our marriage to Him will be eternal. We should not compartmentalize the Godly appointed institution of marriage one to another, separate from the Godly inspired principle of marriage to Him. those are one in the same principle applied to multiple situations. and God Himself declares that it is an holy institution, and that no philosophy of man can undo the eternality of the principle of marriage. I love Ravi's insights but on this topic specifically He is espousing an idea that is simply not found in the word of God. The only place people turn to when trying to say that marriage is not an eternal principle is Matthew 22:23-30, about the man who had a wife and die and his brother's also take her to wife, and in the resurrection whose wife is she??? But most do not fully understand the context or the meaning of the doctrines Jesus is teachings. the entire premise is based on the existence of souls in the eternal world, which the Sadducees did not believe in, in the first place. that is one issue that they were trying to stump Jesus on. the other is that according to the law of Moses she technically would still be the first mans wife any ways because the only reason the law allows the brothers to marry his wife is to "raise up seed unto him" (Mark 12:19, Deuteronomy 25:4-5) and that is one reason as to why Jesus tells them that they don't understand the scriptures, because the answer is written in their own law of which they likely have memorized. Secondly, Jesus answers their question about the resurrection, saying that once people are resurrected then no marriages can be performed. Notice Jesus doesn't say no marriages will exist, just that none will be performed after the resurrection. The Greek word for “marry”, used by Christ in this context (Matthew 22:30) is “Gamousin”, meaning the action of performing a marriage ceremony. Christ specifically uses the word indicative for the action of getting married, and not the word “Pantremenos”, which is indicative of the state of being married. so while in English we have one word, in Greek they have two words to differentiate between the action and the state of being and Christ used one and not the other. Ultimately this entire argument comes down to the authority to act in the name of God so that those actions will be recognized and accepted by God. God Himself married Adam and Eve and we are taught that, that which God joins together let no man put asunder. And we find that Jesus also gives this power and authority to His disciples. Matthew 18:18 teaches that the apostles are given the power to bind things both on Earth and in Heaven. this would include the authority to marry, baptize, etc. and have those actions binding even in that Heavenly realm, just as God Himself performed those actions before using that same power and authority. and going back to the story of the brothers and the wife, this is all done in the context of the Mosaic law, or the "lesser law" the law that did not grant the power to bind on Earth as in Heaven. Christ is the one that brought that higher law and authority with Him. Thus those following the Mosaic law would not have had that authority, therefore, any marriage that they performed would not have been binding in God's eyes, because it was not performed by the power and authority of God. So those who married the woman would not have still been married to her in the resurrection anyway because it was not done properly, God's way. The entire question from the Sadducees was built on false assumptions, and presumed incorrect doctrines right from the start. Christ knew that and that is why his answer emphasized, "ye do err, not knowing the scripture nor the power of God". They didn't have the power of God, therefore they didn't know by what power marriage could perpetuate beyond the grave, and they didn't know the scripture or their question would have already been answered. But Christ goes on to say that once they are resurrected, they can't then be married by the proper authority of God, it's too late. their marriage should have been done and consecrated by the power of God before their resurrection. And we cannot forget what must have been being taught in order for the Sadducees to even conceptualize that question in the first place. This one is reading between the lines. Jesus has to have already been teaching about the validity of marriage existing in Heaven, or the Sadducees, wouldn't have even thought to ask about it in the way they did. they didn't ask will they be married in Heaven. They asked to whom will she be married in Heaven? which pre-supposes that, according to what Jesus had been teaching, marriage will exist in Heaven. Marriage in Heaven must have been a topic of discussion during a lesson by Jesus, in order for the Sadducees to think that they needed to or even could pin Jesus down on that idea

Upvote 0

Jamdoc

Oct 22, 2019
Helena
✟203,984.00
Country
United States
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Single
Don't you think they would allow you an intimate relationship if its this much of a problem? I mean it can't be heaven if people aren't getting their needs met.
Most Christians say that that need for intimacy is met in Jesus.
and to me that's like.. "but He's also a dude.. I'm uncomfortable with that"

Upvote 0