Errors of Calvinism in Man-Centered Temporal Limits on God

Laura Lee

Nov 11, 2014
✟15,385.00
Faith
Marital Status
Private
Fishy interpretation.

God did the choosing on some, not all, way long long long before reforms even discussed any possiblty of what man is supposed to believe.

The elect are foreknown of God. God did the choosing before Genesis creation or creation of mankind (in flesh on earth in time). The choice was eternal and not based on merit of man in flesh for all men are the same (according to fall of man in flesh in Adam - all children of wrath according to flesh).

God knows no man according to flesh. The elect are foreknown in spirit... for God knows the saints in spirit and in truth. The spirit was foreknown.

The reprobate were already condemned... before being born or doing any good or bad (Romans 9).

So, what was already condemned since Esau did not exist as a human being before being born???

There is no answer to election and reprobation looking to the flesh of Adam. The spirit level must be examined... for a human cannot be foreknown according to flesh but only according to spirit as a child of God foreknown of God... in spirit and in truth.

Examine the spirit level. Prove to me that a holy angel in spirit is different as a son of God than a saint as a son of God in spirit in essence of being. Prove to me that a fallen angel in spirit of sin and satan is different than a reprobate in total depravity in spirit of the spirit of sin.

You must prove to me the spirit level... not the flesh level... to prove an eternal whole counsel.

I declare that the spirit of a saint is the spirit of a holy angel foreknown of God in spirit and made a man.

I declare that the spirit of a reprobate is the spirit of a fallen angel already rejected by God (for sin) before the Genesis creation adn creation of mankind - then made a reprobate human.

Prove me wrong.

I've proven the cause and grounds of election and reprobation... and you are responsible to prove me wrong.

Upvote 0

Laura Lee

Nov 11, 2014
✟15,385.00
Faith
Marital Status
Private
Ephesians 4:24 and that ye put on the new man, which after God is created in righteousness and true holiness.

How is the spirit man of a saint born from New Jerusalem above... different or lesser than the spirit of a holy angel born of the same Spirit... as a fellowservant??

Revelation 19:10Authorized (King James) Version (AKJV)

10 And I fell at his feet to worship him. And he said unto me, See thou do it not: I am thy fellowservant, and of thy brethren that have the testimony of Jesus: worship God: for the testimony of Jesus is the spirit of prophecy.

How is the spirit of a saint inferior or different in any way from the spirit of a holy angel??

The flesh of Adam holds no answers in it to the mystery of grace of election.

Upvote 0

Laura Lee

Nov 11, 2014
✟15,385.00
Faith
Marital Status
Private
What if God is not eternal?

Hebrews 9:14 how much more shall the blood of Christ, who through the eternal Spirit offered himself without spot to God, purge your conscience from dead works to serve the living God?

Any who rejects the Holy Bible as the inspired infallible Word of God cannot be saved, is not a Christian, and is still in his sins... rejecting God and His Word... having not the Spirit.

Asking questions and rejecting the authority of the Word of God to answer them is damnation.

Upvote 0

ananda

Early Buddhist
May 6, 2011
Soujourner on Earth
✟186,371.00
Marital Status
Private
Hebrews 9:14 how much more shall the blood of Christ, who through the eternal Spirit offered himself without spot to God, purge your conscience from dead works to serve the living God?

Any who rejects the Holy Bible as the inspired infallible Word of God cannot be saved, is not a Christian, and is still in his sins... rejecting God and His Word... having not the Spirit.

Asking questions and rejecting the authority of the Word of God to answer them is damnation.
Heb 9:14 talks about the "aionios Spirit". It is my belief that "aionios" refers to an aeon - not eternality.

I believe that the book of Hebrews is an early commentary on Scripture, and is not scripture itself. :wave:

Upvote 0

Laura Lee

Nov 11, 2014
✟15,385.00
Faith
Marital Status
Private
Heb 9:14 talks about the "aionios Spirit". It is my belief that "aionios" refers to an aeon - not eternality.

I believe that the book of Hebrews is an early commentary on Scripture, and is not scripture itself. :wave:

And I fully reject you as a Christian as you reject God and His Word.

Upvote 0

Laura Lee

Nov 11, 2014
✟15,385.00
Faith
Marital Status
Private
I do not reject your god and his word ... I merely reject your interpretation of them. Welcome to the Unorthodox Forum! :wave:

I reject you. You reject the authority of the Word of God. We are not of the same Spirit, we don't have the same God... and I am here to speak with brothers and sisters in Christ... not infidels. So, you can go speak with people who reject Jesus Christ as God and the Word... unsaved people who are not Christians. You are not an "unorthodox Christian". You have rejected the authority of the Word of God and are an infidel (unbeliever).

We are not of the same faith, the same Spirit, the same Lord, and we don't have the same Father. I want nothing to do with you and will not speak further with you. I am not an evangelist. I am not here to speak to unbelievers but rather fellow believers.

2 Corinthians 6:14-16Authorized (King James) Version (AKJV)

14 Be ye not unequally yoked together with unbelievers: for what fellowship hath righteousness with unrighteousness? and what communion hath light with darkness? 15 and what concord hath Christ with Belial? or what part hath he that believeth with an infidel? 16 and what agreement hath the temple of God with idols? for ye are the temple of the living God; as God hath said, I will dwell in them, and walk in them; and I will be their God, and they shall be my people.

Upvote 0

ananda

Early Buddhist
May 6, 2011
Soujourner on Earth
✟186,371.00
Marital Status
Private
I reject you. You reject the authority of the Word of God. We are not of the same Spirit, we don't have the same God... and I am here to speak with brothers and sisters in Christ... not infidels. So, you can go speak with people who reject Jesus Christ as God and the Word... unsaved people who are not Christians. You are not an "unorthodox Christian". You have rejected the authority of the Word of God and are an infidel (unbeliever).

We are not of the same faith, the same Spirit, the same Lord, and we don't have the same Father. I want nothing to do with you and will not speak further with you. I am not an evangelist. I am not here to speak to unbelievers but rather fellow believers.

2 Corinthians 6:14-16Authorized (King James) Version (AKJV)

14 Be ye not unequally yoked together with unbelievers: for what fellowship hath righteousness with unrighteousness? and what communion hath light with darkness? 15 and what concord hath Christ with Belial? or what part hath he that believeth with an infidel? 16 and what agreement hath the temple of God with idols? for ye are the temple of the living God; as God hath said, I will dwell in them, and walk in them; and I will be their God, and they shall be my people.
Paul is not an authentic apostle in my tradition, but thanks for sharing his personal commentary. :D

Why post in the Unorthodox forum if you did not wish to hear from non-orthodox believers?

Upvote 0

Laura Lee

Nov 11, 2014
✟15,385.00
Faith
Marital Status
Private
Paul is not an authentic apostle in my tradition, but thanks for sharing his personal commentary. :D

Why post in the Unorthodox forum if you did not wish to hear from non-orthodox believers?

After a lady tells you twice she wants no further contact, further contact constitutes staulking.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums
S

striger

The elect are foreknown of God. God did the choosing before Genesis creation or creation of mankind (in flesh on earth in time). The choice was eternal and not based on merit of man in flesh for all men are the same (according to fall of man in flesh in Adam - all children of wrath according to flesh).

God knows no man according to flesh. The elect are foreknown in spirit... for God knows the saints in spirit and in truth. The spirit was foreknown.

The reprobate were already condemned... before being born or doing any good or bad (Romans 9).

So, what was already condemned since Esau did not exist as a human being before being born???

There is no answer to election and reprobation looking to the flesh of Adam. The spirit level must be examined... for a human cannot be foreknown according to flesh but only according to spirit as a child of God foreknown of God... in spirit and in truth.

Examine the spirit level. Prove to me that a holy angel in spirit is different as a son of God than a saint as a son of God in spirit in essence of being. Prove to me that a fallen angel in spirit of sin and satan is different than a reprobate in total depravity in spirit of the spirit of sin.

You must prove to me the spirit level... not the flesh level... to prove an eternal whole counsel.

I declare that the spirit of a saint is the spirit of a holy angel foreknown of God in spirit and made a man.

I declare that the spirit of a reprobate is the spirit of a fallen angel already rejected by God (for sin) before the Genesis creation adn creation of mankind - then made a reprobate human.

Prove me wrong.

I've proven the cause and grounds of election and reprobation... and you are responsible to prove me wrong.

Youre incredibly easy to prove wrong. Its's piece of cake due to your foundation crumbling.
Spirit is formess. Formless is timeless. There is no waiting in the formless, timeless, spaceless world. God being past, present and the future all at once means He doesn't wait to see what a totally depraved unbeliever man does down the road of his life. If god waited to see what man does reguarding to man's fake non existant free will, God would be waiting forever. Do you think God has time to wait forever for something that will never exist? Time was created so everything won't happen all at once. Your foundation of msn made beliefs crumbles to dust. It blowing away in the wind. The storm came and you lost root and blew away like tumbleweeds.
The elects are the elects. Elects are what they are. God created the elects. The elects do what they do. Why assume elects cant always be elect?

Upvote 0

Laura Lee

Nov 11, 2014
✟15,385.00
Faith
Marital Status
Private
Youre incredibly easy to prove wrong. Its's piece of cake due to your foundation crumbling.
Spirit is formess. Formless is timeless. There is no waiting in the formless, timeless, spaceless world. God being past, present and the future all at once means He doesn't wait to see what a totally depraved unbeliever man does down the road of his life. If god waited to see what man does reguarding to man's fake non existant free will, God would be waiting forever. Do you think God has time to wait forever for something that will never exist? Time was created so everything won't happen all at once. Your foundation of msn made beliefs crumbles to dust. It blowing away in the wind. The storm came and you lost root and blew away like tumbleweeds.
The elects are the elects. Elects are what they are. God created the elects. The elects do what they do. Why assume elects cant always be elect?

God is Eternity. He is Spirit. God simply is: I Am That I Am. God has Essence of Being as Spirit - the Spirit of Glory. God is not "formless" as in having no Essence of Being. Faith is the substance of things hoped for... the evidence of things unseen.

The spirit realm of Heaven is tangible and real... not a void. The city of New Jerusalem is real... has shape and form in the eternal realm of Heaven

I never declared "foresight". I never declared that man has free will.

I stated that Limited Atonement is a man-centered doctrine. You didn't look at the cross and see an All-Sufficient Atonement and declare that it is Unlimited. You looked at a dead reprobate according to the flesh and used the dead flesh of a reprobate to limit the atonement... in prooftext. You made the dead flesh of a reprobate of greater power than the body of Jesus Christ.

That's man-centered. It's a biblically valid argument... that Calvinism is in error.

I believe in election and reprobation and I do not believe man has free will.

Upvote 0
S

striger

God is Eternity. He is Spirit. God simply is: I Am That I Am. God has Essence of Being as Spirit - the Spirit of Glory. God is not "formless" as in having no Essence of Being. Faith is the substance of things hoped for... the evidence of things unseen.

The spirit realm of Heaven is tangible and real... not a void. The city of New Jerusalem is real... has shape and form in the eternal realm of Heaven

I never declared "foresight". I never declared that man has free will.

I stated that Limited Atonement is a man-centered doctrine. You didn't look at the cross and see an All-Sufficient Atonement and declare that it is Unlimited. You looked at a dead reprobate according to the flesh and used the dead flesh of a reprobate to limit the atonement... in prooftext. You made the dead flesh of a reprobate of greater power than the body of Jesus Christ.

That's man-centered. It's a biblically valid argument... that Calvinism is in error.

I believe in election and reprobation and I do not believe man has free will.

You have some of your calvinism in your posts and then stab your own back for going against your own beliefs. I noticed new denominations springing up that talks calvinism and then condemn themselves for believing in it.

I'd rather stay traditional than to try to be new and different by twisting and rearranging calvinism to coverup anticalvinism.

Im done with hypercalvinism but the new fad of movements scrambles calvinism and arminianism together and resorts them out bringing thier own confusions and contraditions.

Like new age movements. Nothing new about them but they take the old and call it new.

Theres nothing new about your new beliefs. Its still pelagian and semi pelagians under jesus-coated Hinduism.

Upvote 0

Laura Lee

Nov 11, 2014
✟15,385.00
Faith
Marital Status
Private
You have some of your calvinism in your posts and then stab your own back for going against your own beliefs. I noticed new denominations springing up that talks calvinism and then condemn themselves for believing in it.

I'd rather stay traditional than to try to be new and different by twisting and rearranging calvinism to coverup anticalvinism.

Im done with hypercalvinism but the new fad of movements scrambles calvinism and arminianism together and resorts them out bringing thier own confusions and contraditions.

Like new age movements. Nothing new about them but they take the old and call it new.

Theres nothing new about your new beliefs. Its still pelagian and semi pelagians under jesus-coated Hinduism.

No, I am not Pelagian whatsoever. I believe God is 100% Absolute Sovereign and all is by Jesus alone by grace alone by the Spirit alone by faith alone.

I agree that any movement away from the 100% Sovereignty of God is error.

The Atonement is Unlimited... and election is based on foreknowledge.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
S

striger

No, I am not Pelagian whatsoever. I believe God is 100% Absolute Sovereign and all is by Jesus alone by grace alone by the Spirit alone by faith alone.

I agree that any movement away from the 100% Sovereignty of God is error.

The Atonement is Unlimited... and election is based on foreknowledge.

You said two things and those two thing can't work together.

That makes more confusions.

Upvote 0

Laura Lee

Nov 11, 2014
✟15,385.00
Faith
Marital Status
Private

My friend, the natural mind thinks the thing that are spiritual are foolishness.

You have no evidence of any of your charges. What is happening, is that Calvinism focuses on man in time in flesh on earth: man-centered, temporal, carnal, and natural. Error.

All mankind fell in sin in Adam. True. That is according to the flesh.

All are children of wrath according to the flesh. True. That is according to the flesh.

What your natural mind cannot comprehend is that there is a spirit realm... and there is a spiritual level... and God is Spirit. That is the level that Calvinism cannot see. So, rather than trying to listen, your mind is throwing false accusations at me with no basis... because you don't see what I see and you have no "category" for me thinking you are right and I am wrong.

I forgive you. But, look at this and see if you see something Calvinism doesn't see:

John 8:23 And he said unto them, Ye are from beneath; I am from above: ye are of this world; I am not of this world.

Jesus is from above: Heaven.
They are from beneath: Hell.
Next is the world level. Above beneath was not.

Jesus declares them literal children of the devil (seed of the serpent).

Jesus is declaring that their spirits come from hell... and this is the cause of their reprobation. They came from hell in their spirits and they will die in their sins.

Looking according to the flesh... the eternal whole counsel cannot be seen.

Takes looking at the spiritual level to see the grounds for rerobation.

Upvote 0

Laura Lee

Nov 11, 2014
✟15,385.00
Faith
Marital Status
Private
You said two things and those two thing can't work together.

That makes more confusions.

It is only confusion looking at the Bible seeing only flesh and not spiritual levels. Calvinism sees only the flesh level: man in time on earth in flesh.

Calvinism cannot see or comprehend words for time and eternity in scripture. (Has not studied these?)

Well, the Atonement is Unlimited. The reprobate come through the fire saved on the Last Day.

1 Corinthians 3:15 If any man’s work shall be burned, he shall suffer loss: but he himself shall be saved; yet so as by fire.

The Genesis creation was created to destroy the devil and sin:

1 John 3:8 He that committeth sin is of the devil; for the devil sinneth from the beginning. For this purpose the Son of God was manifested, that he might destroy the works of the devil.

Hebrews 2:14 Forasmuch then as the children are partakers of flesh and blood, he also himself likewise took part of the same; that through death he might destroy him that had the power of death, that is, the devil;

The Genesis creation was created to destroy the spirit of the devil and all his works through the cross.

God created the reprobate in common grace... though they couldn't be saved in human lifetime. They are devils incarnate. Their spirits are in a state of blasphemy from conception.

The Genesis creation was created for the purpose of their salvation as humans... coming through the fire saved on the Last Day with their devil spirits and sin all destroyed.

Matthew 25:41 Then shall he say also unto them on the left hand, Depart from me, ye cursed, into everlasting fire, prepared for the devil and his angels:

Everlasting fire means that the fire will last until there is no more day and night: requiring the destruction of their devil spirits.

That's why we are here.

Calvinism is a man-centered, temporal mindset. It cannot see the spirit level... and is missing 70% of the eternal whole counsel plan.

The Atonement is Unlimited. It's not a one phase plan.

Calvinism is not developed enough to see past only one phsae in time.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

Rick Otto

The Dude Abides
Nov 19, 2002
On The Prairie
✟29,593.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
When God announced that man had become "like one of us" this is not God speaking to Himself. Adam did not become like God (as Satan said he would) by sinning.

Adam was first created in entire sanctification, in that respect, "like God" being without sin.

When Adam fell, he did not become "more like the Trinity".

Rather, Adam became as the entire council of angels as one. Adam became capable of fathering not only the elect holy angels in spirit (through God breathing into Adam) but capable of fathering the devils incarnate through sin in his flesh.

God was announcing that His plan was moving forward that all angels (not just holy but fallen) would be fathered according to the flesh by Adam.

The holy angels were good; the fallen angels were evil.

Knowledge of Good and Evil... means that Adam would be able to father both holy (in his creation) and fallen (in his fall) angels through his sin of disobedience.

This was God's plan all along... and God was simply announcing the power of incarnation of the entire council of angels (holy and fallen) in his fall.

"like us"... that's the revelation. By no means can "us" in Genesis 3:22 refer to the Trinity in Holiness becoming "like them" through sin.

Adam lost his sonship to God when he became a sinner. He did not become more like the Trinity in so doing.

God was speaking forth that Adam could now father the entire company of angels... holy and fallen... having eaten from the Tree of Knowledge (spiritual union) of Good and Evil... that's the revelation of the scripture and whole counsel plan of God revealed.

Rightly dividing the Word of Truth must reflect God speaking to the "us" and "us" being the same group Genesis 1:26 and Genesis 3:22. By no means did Adam become more like God by sinning than he was in an entirely sanctified state in original creation as the son of God. Therefore, the "us" in both Genesis 1:26 and Genesis 3:22 is God speaking in council with all angels including both good and evil angels.

There I stand. :)

God bless!

I take your point re: angels, and the sense in which I can accept your assertion that TULIP ( which is only one facet of the thing called "Calvinism"), is "man centered" is not a bad thing, but a circumstantial point of view that has a respectable amount of legitimate basis.
Most of your criticism of "Calvinism" seems to indict motive rather than logic.
I find it frankly, overwrought. But you present me an opportunity bring some of my other "larger views" into alignment with TULIP.

"If God limited Himself in the atonement… He is a limited God who is not fully Sovereign over all that He has created."

That is not a necessary conclusion for the following reason.
His Self is not His decision. His decision not to choose to have mercy on everyone served His stated purpose in Romans 9:20-23
His limit on the number saved allowed judgement to happen as He iterated it in scripture. Full sovereignity includes judgement and wrath, not simply mercy.
Even Jesus iterated limits both to His revelations to men and to the number given to Him by God. That in no way "limited Jesus".
This passage from John 6 gives more evidence that salvation is not, at least in this context, universal.
"[37] All that the Father giveth me shall come to me; and him that cometh to me I will in no wise cast out.
[38] For I came down from heaven, not to do mine own will, but the will of him that sent me.
[39] And this is the Father's will which hath sent me, that of all which he hath given me I should lose nothing, but should raise it up again at the last day.
[40] And this is the will of him that sent me, that every one which seeth the Son, and believeth on him, may have everlasting life: and I will raise him up at the last day.
[41] The Jews then murmured at him, because he said, I am the bread which came down from heaven.
[42] And they said, Is not this Jesus, the son of Joseph, whose father and mother we know? how is it then that he saith, I came down from heaven?
[43] Jesus therefore answered and said unto them, Murmur not among yourselves.
[44] No man can come to me, except the Father which hath sent me draw him: and I will raise him up at the last day.
[45] It is written in the prophets, And they shall be all taught of God. Every man therefore that hath heard, and hath learned of the Father, cometh unto me.

Please don't view this as a defence of Calvinism, it is simply about the cannons of Dordt (TULIP).
And thanks for school's me on the angels and the Genesis plurals, I 'm still lookin' into that. Very cool.

Upvote 0

Laura Lee

Nov 11, 2014
✟15,385.00
Faith
Marital Status
Private
I take your point re: angels, and the sense in which I can accept your assertion that TULIP ( which is only one facet of the thing called "Calvinism"), is "man centered" is not a bad thing, but a circumstantial point of view that has a respectable amount of legitimate basis.
Most of your criticism of "Calvinism" seems to indict motive rather than logic.
I find it frankly, overwrought. But you present me an opportunity bring some of my other "larger views" into alignment with TULIP.

"If God limited Himself in the atonement… He is a limited God who is not fully Sovereign over all that He has created."

That is not a necessary conclusion for the following reason.
His Self is not His decision. His decision not to choose to have mercy on everyone served His stated purpose in Romans 9:20-23
His limit on the number saved allowed judgement to happen as He iterated it in scripture. Full sovereignity includes judgement and wrath, not simply mercy.
Even Jesus iterated limits both to His revelations to men and to the number given to Him by God. That in no way "limited Jesus".
This passage from John 6 gives more evidence that salvation is not, at least in this context, universal.
"[37] All that the Father giveth me shall come to me; and him that cometh to me I will in no wise cast out.
[38] For I came down from heaven, not to do mine own will, but the will of him that sent me.
[39] And this is the Father's will which hath sent me, that of all which he hath given me I should lose nothing, but should raise it up again at the last day.
[40] And this is the will of him that sent me, that every one which seeth the Son, and believeth on him, may have everlasting life: and I will raise him up at the last day.
[41] The Jews then murmured at him, because he said, I am the bread which came down from heaven.
[42] And they said, Is not this Jesus, the son of Joseph, whose father and mother we know? how is it then that he saith, I came down from heaven?
[43] Jesus therefore answered and said unto them, Murmur not among yourselves.
[44] No man can come to me, except the Father which hath sent me draw him: and I will raise him up at the last day.
[45] It is written in the prophets, And they shall be all taught of God. Every man therefore that hath heard, and hath learned of the Father, cometh unto me.

Please don't view this as a defence of Calvinism, it is simply about the cannons of Dordt (TULIP).
And thanks for school's me on the angels and the Genesis plurals, I 'm still lookin' into that. Very cool.

Hi Rick,

There is a "complexity" in what is stated in scripture. God is entirely appropriate. For example, if God regarded the just and the wicked "exactly the same"... then, it would not be just of God. Because, the wicked are wicked and the just are just. To regard them "the same" would be promotion of evil.

I would agree that my remarks about Calvinism are "overwrought". :) It was truly an effort to shout fire in a crowded theatre. Because there is so much "right" with Calvinism regarding God being appropriate in time... when the wicked are wicked and the just are just... and the reality of God's Sovereignty... well, I guess I think it takes really shouting "fire!" to provoke discussion. I'm writing a book, and I will put that in the book.

There is so much "right" about Calvinism, that I heightened what is wrong to try to catch attention... and make the challenge that can be felt by a Calvinist: that it's man-centered doctrine (which is the opposite of what a Calvinist intends).

Total depravity is correct. But, it is only true of the reprobate.

The scripture is in tiers. There is an application of the scripture within time when there are the wicked and the just that is entirely appropriate.

God knows that the reprobate in time are literal devils in human flesh appearing. Jesus knew that only the elect would come to Him during their human lifetimes. All of that is true.

But, the whole spectrum level only sees that in Calvinism... and it's an incomplete view that cannot rightly divide the whole of scripture.

For example, the reprobate are still under common grace... even though they are reprobate and will die in their sins.

When believing that man is a new race not only according to flesh... but spiritually... there is no solution to the logic puzzle.

When seeing that mankind is the incarnate race of angels... the whole of scripture opens up... entirely consistent with the whole of scripture.

God is so gracious... that He was longsuffering with the vessels of wrath fitted to destruction.

What love the Father has given... to make the whole Genesis creation for the purpose of the cross of Jesus... so that the devil (the spirit of sin) would be destroyed not in part but the whole.

What grace that the Father would create the human race... so devils could be made human. They cannot be saved in their human lifetime. But the whole reason we are all here is so that they can be saved on the Last Day.

The elect are saved by grace.

The reprobate are saved by fire.

It takes seeing the whole counsel to see the wonderful grace of Jesus dying not only for the elect but also the reprobate... saving only the elect in human lifetime... and then the reprobate by fire on the Last Day.

There is an inherent spiritual difference between the elect and the reprobate. God speaks according to that unseen reality in the scripture you quoted.

But the larger picture beyond that time fragment in which the scripture is rightly divided to say that only the elect can be saved in this lifetime... is that God's plan is appropriate.

Just because God wills to save all and all shall be saved...t hat does not mean there is no difference between the holy angels made human and fallen angels made human.

Scripture reveals the truth that there is that difference between the elect and the reprobate.

Election is not unconditional. It is by foreknowledge.

Election of the elect to salvation in this lifetime is being used as an evidence that God does not will to save all. He does and did. He simply saw what is not seen by Calvinism: that the reprobate are devils incarnate who cannot be saved in this lifetime; the elect in spirit are foreknown as holy angels and are automatically without fail saved in this lifetime as the result.

But, God knew that. God knew the reprobate would not and could not be saved in human lifetime due to their spirit level making that impossible. But, God also knew that the Atonement was All-sufficient... and their salvation would be through fire in manifest destruction of all evil in them on the Last Day.

Jesus is a Perfect Savior... and it is a Perfect Plan... fully appropriate to the reality of the spiritual state of man... as the incarnate race of angels.

God is appropriate towards the reprobate in their human lifetimes because they are in a spiritual state of total depravity that cannot be rectified in their human lifetimes. It is not that all mankind are the same and God in an arbitrary manner chose only to save the elect. RAther, the truth is that it is only possible to save the elect in their human lifetimes... and they shall indeed without fail be saved in their human lifetimes.

It is great grace and longsuffering whereby God created the reprobate as humans... suffered their evil... has appropriate vengeance and wrath upon them in their evil... yet destroys their evil completely.... on the Last Day.

The Calvinist view is very, very limited... makes errors not seeing the larger picture... but has many things right... and everything else is "off" just a bit but significant.

The elect are never in a state of total depravity... but prevenient grace. Their spirit man is never a child of the devil. Their spirit man is always a child of God... and they just await God's grace for justification/regeneration. It's a given. And given before time.

K, well, that's a lot said... and I recall being a 5 point Calvinist. Not sure now, anymore, how to communicate this side of the line... to call the 5 Pointers to my side of the line. Hard to communicate now because of what I see, trying to think of what the other sees. :)

But, by the grace of God, soon God will reveal it in Sovereign power so we see the spirit level together. I believe this is a Sovereign move of God just beginning... and it will move as the Reformation did centuries ago... in God's time. :)

God bless!

Laura Lee

Upvote 0