Ft. Worth
✟20,727.00
Faith
Word of Faith
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
I believe in the Father, the Son and the Holy Spirit. I believe that Jesus was/is the body of God.

What would you say I am?

Tis a mystery unto myself...

actually, I believe in the Seven...

Revelation 3:1 - And unto the angel of the church in Sardis write; These things saith he that hath the seven Spirits of God, and the seven stars; I know thy works, that thou hast a name that thou livest, and art dead.​

Upvote 0

New_Wineskin

Contributor
Jun 26, 2004
Elizabethtown , PA , usa
✟13,854.00
Faith
Non-Denom
riverpastor said:
I believe in the Father, the Son and the Holy Spirit. I believe that Jesus was/is the body of God.

What would you say I am?

Tis a mystery unto myself...

actually, I believe in the Seven...

Revelation 3:1 - And unto the angel of the church in Sardis write; These things saith he that hath the seven Spirits of God, and the seven stars; I know thy works, that thou hast a name that thou livest, and art dead.​
An interesting and gutsy reply . Bless you . :)

Upvote 0

heartofheaven

Dec 30, 2004
Visit site
✟16,201.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
Saulball said:
Tommy Tenney comes from ONENESS
TDJAKES

I'm not sure on
Juanita Bynum
Paula white

any others? This is the same as ARIANISM, a false teaching that denies the trinity. Anyone know any more?
I am not sure of alot of this and what they claim and why...but if you are seeking truth and are just wanting to learn so you wont fall into error yourself,then there is nothing wrong with that.Let it not get out of hand,for the enemy can use it to come against your love for others..........just be aware of the reasons,and do it to help yourself and others that follow,just make sure you get your information right ,for others will come against you from knowing the truth...And they dont like being found out!Here is a site for you to really dig into.....http://www.deceptioninthechurch.com
God Bless,Bonnie

Upvote 0

Bruce101

Oct 16, 2004
Southern United States
✟16,159.00
Faith
Messianic
Marital Status
Married
Please define trinity, and then define oneness. I have often heard arguments back and forth and often it seems like opposing sides are saying the same thing. Both group hold to 1 John 5:7 as an anchor verse.

1Jo 5:7 For there are three that bear record in heaven, the Father, the Word, and the Holy Ghost: and these three are one.

Of coarse, if you don't read the KJV, then you don't have this verse. But that is another topic.
Bruce

Upvote 0

JimB

Legend
Jul 12, 2004
Nacogdoches, Texas
Visit site
✟34,757.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
I understand that you have to believe in the ‘Trinity’ (a word that is not in any translation of the Bible, BTW) to participate in this forum. I do not agree with this exclusive rule. I believe Oneness believers, despite their unitarian theology, who have placed their faith in Christ are just as saved as I am. It is wrong to exclude them from family discussions because they see a doctrine differently than some of the rest of us do.

Am I Trinitarian? I guess so because I believe that is how God has chosen to reveal Himself to us in scripture. But is God merely a trinity? Can we stuff the Almighty into such a small three-cornered box?

I say God is Trinity, but He is also much, MUCH more than that. He is a trinity only because that is how He has chosen to make Himself known to His creation. We could not possible understand or grasp the real majesty of the Infinite God. We can only grasp God as He has chosen to reveal Himself to us.

Zophar may have gotten it right when he told Job, "Can you fathom the mysteries of God? Can you probe the limits of the Almighty? They are higher than the heavens-what can you do? They are deeper than the depths of the grave - what can you know? Their measure is longer than the earth and wider than the sea.” Job 11.7-9.

Even the Apostle supports Zophar, “The Spirit searches all things, even the deep things of God. . . . For who has known the mind of the Lord,” 1 Cor. 2.10, 16.

“Such knowledge is too wonderful for me, too lofty for me to attain,” Psalm 139.6.

So, I am not as offended by Oneness believers as I once was. They probably have it figured out about as much as we smug Trinitarians do. We all are inspecting only have a chip off the great mountain that is God and have the nerve to think we understand Him.

Jim \o/

Upvote 0

JimB

Legend
Jul 12, 2004
Nacogdoches, Texas
Visit site
✟34,757.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
Bruce101 said:
Please define trinity, and then define oneness. I have often heard arguments back and forth and often it seems like opposing sides are saying the same thing. Both group hold to 1 John 5:7 as an anchor verse.

1Jo 5:7 For there are three that bear record in heaven, the Father, the Word, and the Holy Ghost: and these three are one.

Of coarse, if you don't read the KJV, then you don't have this verse. But that is another topic.
Bruce
Ture, 1 John 5.7 (see note) is not in older (and closer to the original) manuscripts from which the English Bible is translated and which have been discovered since 1611 and so were not available to the translators of the KJV.

Was it in the original manuscript of the NT (which has yet to be found) or was it a later addition by a copyist to support the doctrine of the Trinity, which was not hammered out until 325 AD at the Council of Niceae? Prior to that date there was no orthodox doctrine of the Trinity of God.

As for 1 John 5.7, no one can say for sure whether it should be part of the inspired canon of scripture, but its exclusion from the more ancient manuscripts does make the verse questionable.

Jim \o/

Upvote 0

~RENEE~

Legend
Jan 21, 2005
home
✟28,526.00
Faith
Pentecostal
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
Not another preacher bashing thread if it's not women bashing it's preacher bashing these games has got to end Christ is coming back and it won't be long. He is coming back for a bride that is not always nitpicking at each other. Lets start concentrating on Jesus and stop concentrating on what we think is wrong. Now go ahead and bash me enjoy.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

JimB

Legend
Jul 12, 2004
Nacogdoches, Texas
Visit site
✟34,757.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
furrysmommy said:
Not another preacher bashing thread if it's not women bashing it's preacher bashing these games has got to end Christ is coming back and it won't be long. He is coming back for a bride that is not always nitpicking at each other. Lets start concentrating on Jesus and stop concentrating on what we think is wrong. Now go ahead and bash me enjoy.
Huh? No one is bashing preachers on this thread. :scratch:

\o/

BTW, Are you bashing us for bashing preachers?

Upvote 0

sweetrevival

Veteran
Dec 28, 2004
Woodstock, Australia
✟1,542.00
Faith
Pentecostal
Marital Status
Married
Jim M said:
Can we stuff the Almighty into such a small three-cornered box?

Jim \o/

Sorry to bring a touch of levity into this thread, but....

I was at a Catholic Church Christianing and a little child was running around, up the aisles, behind the altar, etc. - getting pulled into line - but just full of fun.

Finally, the grandma grabbed him and said, pointing at the box behind the altar where the host, etc is kept - "You can't go up there, see that box, that's where they keep Jesus!"

I had this mental picture of poor Jesus curled up in this box, waving at the crowd every time the door was opened! I had to giggle...

Re Oneness - what is it?

Upvote 0

Hadron

In His Footsteps
Nov 4, 2004
✟2,667.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Constitution
I think there is some slight confusion here... Oneness believers see Christ as God... was at the time... now residing in the Holy Spirit(?) see United Pentecostal Doctrine
Unitarians hold the view of what is being referred to here, I believe - that Christ is God's Right-Hand man and a lesser being... He was exalted from a human (God's son) and sits at the right hand of God - forever separate entities. see Unitarian Doctrine

see also Arianism

Not sure where this thread is going, or why, but I hope this helps.

Upvote 0

riverpastor

Take the Red Pill.
Mar 23, 2004
Ft. Worth
✟20,727.00
Faith
Word of Faith
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
I have another question to ponder...

Jesus is the "flesh" stuff and, inhabited by the fullness of God, we call Him, then, Christ.

The Holy Spirit is made up of "Spirit" stuff.

What is the Father made of?

Is He "flesh" or "Spirit", or both?

Hmmmm???

Upvote 0

JimB

Legend
Jul 12, 2004
Nacogdoches, Texas
Visit site
✟34,757.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
riverpastor said:
I have another question to ponder...

Jesus is the "flesh" stuff and, inhabited by the fullness of God, we call Him, then, Christ.

The Holy Spirit is made up of "Spirit" stuff.

What is the Father made of?

Is He "flesh" or "Spirit", or both?

Hmmmm???
God is a spirit, John 4.24.

\o/

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

Saulball

Mar 29, 2004
✟261.00
Faith
Christian
modalist much? I have no intention of preacher bashing, but we must "know who labors among us". River Pastor, if you want me to know, you can say. If not, I don't care. I'm trying to figure out who is teaching Arianism/Modalism error. Modalists believe Christ is GOD (to which also Trinity) He is the fullness of God manifest in the flesh, etc. The mighty God, etc.

Oneness says JESUS is the FATHER and IS the Holy ghost. They deny the Father and Spirit and believe Jesus is all. However a CLEAR study of the entire WORD, reveals the trinity. If it is ONLY Jesus, then why would every epistle open with an introduction to the trinity. I guess Modalist know more than Paul, because he referred to them as distinct PERSONS.

Most Modalists/Arianists/ONENESS preachers would NEVER let you preach if you believed in the Trinity.

But this thread is not about debating ONENESS/TRINITY...if you're on this forum, the TRINITY is a doctrine you've accepted, or you came in a back door.

My thread is about who is oneness. I don't know about JAKES disciples, and for the most part I never hear them preach it on TBN (which wouldn't allow it anyway, I hope).

That is all I wanted!

shalom

Upvote 0

JimB

Legend
Jul 12, 2004
Nacogdoches, Texas
Visit site
✟34,757.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
riverpastor said:
Which God?

God the Father?
God the Son?
God the Holy Spirit?
All of them are God. That’s kind of at the heart of the doctrine of the Trinity.

My last name is Miller. So is my wife’s and son’s. We are all Miller but Jim is not Stephanie and Stephanie is not Scott.

Jesus/Father/Spirit is God but they are not the same person.

And God (J/F/S) is spirit.

\o/

Upvote 0