Error in Post #15 Bible genealogy calculations ...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Gideon

Nov 13, 2002
New Zealand
Visit site
✟32,027.00
Faith
Pentecostal
Marital Status
Married
Have you read the books of kings thoroughly? There are 3 mentions of father and son kings reigning at the same time. And there are 3 others that are inferred. Why haven't you taken these co-regencies into account in your timeline?

keras said:
Because I use the actual time period given. As the 47 Bible verses that I use, attests to.
You are just introducing confusion with any other real [actual co-regencies] or imaginary changes.

Here is a case of how co-regencies affect our timeline. It is not hard to understand, and it involves a case which is clearly documented in the Bible. There are other examples like this, and I hope that you will take the time to examine them properly.

coregency.png

Last edited:
  • Agree
Reactions: Riberra
Upvote 0

keras

Writer of studies on Bible prophecy
Feb 7, 2013
Thames, New Zealand
Visit site
✟294,264.00
Country
New Zealand
Faith
Pentecostal
Marital Status
Married
What is your source for the historical date of 586 BCE ?
Wikipedia. The final destruction of Jerusalem and the last deportation of the Jews was 586 BC.
Can you show us your detailed calculations for the Birth date of Abraham that you said was 1918.5 BCE ie what verses you have used for the calculations ?
The date of significance is when Abram left Ur, when he went out in faith and obedience to God's call. That was 1970 BC and he was 52 then. So he was born in 2022 BC +/- 1
Sorry for deducting 52 instead of adding for an older BC date.
I obtain Abrams age when he left Haran, from the 2000 year point from Adam. It works perfectly for the next 2000 years until Jesus, so I know it's correct.

Upvote 0

Riberra

Jan 8, 2014
✟90,164.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
The date of significance is when Abram left Ur, when he went out in faith and obedience to God's call. That was 1970 BC and he was 52 then. So he was born in 2022 BC +/- 1
Sorry for deducting 52 instead of adding for an older BC date.
I obtain Abrams age when he left Haran, from the 2000 year point from Adam. It works perfectly for the next 2000 years until Jesus, so I know it's correct.
You said in another post the Birth date of Abraham was 1918.5 BCE i want the Bible verses that you used for the calculations....in that format example: Genesis 12:4 ...not Gen. 12:4

Keras said:
Abrahams birthdate was 1918.5 BCE. But the important date of Abraham was when he went out of Ur in faith, when he was 52; exactly 2000 years from Adam.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

keras

Feb 7, 2013
Thames, New Zealand
Visit site
✟294,264.00
Country
New Zealand
Faith
Pentecostal
Marital Status
Married
I wish to publicly register my complaint about the OP of this thread.
Saying my post #15 in the Hebrew Calendar thread is in error, without any proof of that: is unacceptable.

Those who disagree, for whatever reason, cannot just dismiss the timeline I presented. To blatantly accuse me of a wrong use of Bible verses, is a tactic of desperation and inability to accept the truth. I see these attempts to discredit my post, as just red herrings and divergences to bring the focus away from the conclusion of my timeline, that is: the imminent world changes, as so comprehensively prophesied, which will very soon take place.

Upvote 0

Riberra

Jan 8, 2014
✟90,164.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
I wish to publicly register my complaint about the OP of this thread.
Saying my post #15 in the Hebrew Calendar is in error, without any proof of that: is unacceptable.
I have the proof----
Keras you said in your post #62 above ^

While in another post [post #3 page 1] you said:

Abrahams birthdate was 1918.5 BCE. But the important date of Abraham was when he went out of Ur in faith, when he was 52; exactly 2000 years from Adam.

Don't you see that there is SOMETHING DIFFERENT about ABRAHAM's BIRTHDATE betwen your two affirmations...

Take any dictionary and that is what is called an error !

I have asked you very politely in my post # 63 that you provide all the Bible verses that you used for the calculations of Abraham's birthdate ....in that format example: Genesis 12:4 ...not Gen. 12:4
----
----
Edited to add :
- Gideon have also made the demonstration of errors in your methodology about your calculations of the ISRAELITES KINGS REIGN see post # 61 for example + Gideon's other detailed posts on the subject in this thread ....

You asked for people to analyze seriously your methodology and calculations
and now you are complaining when we do it..

Last edited:
Upvote 0

keras

Feb 7, 2013
Thames, New Zealand
Visit site
✟294,264.00
Country
New Zealand
Faith
Pentecostal
Marital Status
Married
I have the proof----
Keras you said in your post #62 above ^
I said I was sorry for subtracting 52 instead of adding it. I don't actually care about Abrams birthday, you can celebrate it if you have a cake big enough for all the candles!
You are just making a mountain out of nothing, in an attempt that everyone can see, is just a diversion from the real issue: is the conclusion of #15 the reality of where we are today?
Gideon have also made the demonstration of errors in your methodology about your calculation of the ISRAELITE KINGS REIGN see post # 61 for example + his other detailed posts on the subject in this thread ....
Nothing of what Gideon has posted has properly addressed the fact of the given Biblical time periods add up to the very significant and vitally important fact of how close we are to the end of this age.

Upvote 0

Riberra

Jan 8, 2014
✟90,164.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
You are just making a mountain out of nothing, in an attempt that everyone can see, is just a diversion from the real issue: is the conclusion of #15 the reality of where we are today?
Everyone can see that it is YOU who are trying a diversion....

I said I was sorry for subtracting 52 instead of adding it.
I remember.
You have not quoted my whole reply in post #65|....
Riberra said:
-In post #62 you said Abraham was born in 2022 BC +/- 1
-While in post post #3 you said Abraham was born in 1918.5 BC.
Which of these two affirmation of yours is correct ?
You have still not provided any Bible verses showing which Bible verses you used for your Abraham's birthdate calculation.--

Nothing of what Gideon has posted has properly addressed the fact of the given Biblical time periods add up
Actually ,Gideon have just scratched the surface and have find an error of 46 years in your calculations about the Israelite Kings Reigns[post#35 page 2]....so you must add 46 years [at least] to your calculations ...

Do you know why you will always be wrong when trying to apply any calculations and worst adding to it your own expectations to Bible prophecy (?):
Here is the answer, that you like it or not will always prevail...

-The folly of Interpreters has been, to foretell times and things by this Prophecy, as if God designed to make them Prophets. By this rashness they have not only exposed themselves, but brought the Prophecy also into contempt. The design of God was much otherwise. He gave this and the Prophecies of the Old Testament, not to gratify mens curiosities by enabling them to foreknow things, but that after they were fulfilled they ]might be interpreted by the event, and his own Providence, not the Interpreters, be then manifested thereby to the world.-

Nobody knows the Day and The Hour of His Return [The Parousia].

Last edited:
Reactions: Gideon
Upvote 0

Gideon

Nov 13, 2002
New Zealand
Visit site
✟32,027.00
Faith
Pentecostal
Marital Status
Married
keras said:
Nothing of what Gideon has posted has properly addressed the fact of the given Biblical time periods add up to the very significant and vitally important fact of how close we are to the end of this age.

Im sure that we can agree that the LORD's coming is near. However, we cannot resort to unsound chronology to justify our theories. Here are several important biblical dates based on accurate historical dates and proper calculation of the Hebrew king records:
  • 587 BC Fall of Jerusalem
  • 720 BC Fall of Samaria
  • 930 BC Division of the Kingdom
  • 964 BC 4th year of Solomon
  • 1444 BC Exodus from Egypt
We could go further but there is an error in your count between Jacob and Moses too, and I don't want to get into that. Suffice it to say that the key to accurate biblical chronology is understanding the count between the 2 Hebrew kingdoms.

If anyone would like to my notes and diagrams of the kings period, please print them out here.

Blessings

Upvote 0

keras

Feb 7, 2013
Thames, New Zealand
Visit site
✟294,264.00
Country
New Zealand
Faith
Pentecostal
Marital Status
Married
at that time,
The folly of Interpreters has been, to foretell times and things by this Prophecy, as if God designed to make them Prophets. By this rashness they have not only exposed themselves, but brought the Prophecy also into contempt.
Quite right, all those who have made predictions and timelines up to now, have failed and brought Bible prophecy into disrepute. This is very unfortunate and now most Christians just ignore the Prophetic Word, put it all into the 'too hard basket'.
However Daniel 12:10b says that in the last days, a few wise leaders will understand the prophesies. God has not given us so much information about our future for no reason and to ignore it is to downplay His Word and simply leaves us clueless about what will happen. Secular people seem to have a better idea of the forthcoming world changer and the prepping industry is booming.
Nobody knows the Day and The Hour of His Return [The Parousia].
Now I see what your real objection to #15 is. I don't know the Day or the hour or the week, month, but only the year, give or take 1 year each way. Is that a sin?
Matthew 24:16-24 is a passage about the Day of wrath, the Sixth Seal disaster, not the Return, that glorious event will happen exactly 1260 days after the AC desecrates the Temple. Revelation 13:5, 2 Thess 2:4, so at that time, Jesus' Return will be known to the actual Day.
We could go further but there is an error in your count between Jacob and Moses too, and I don't want to get into that.
Genesis 17:1 Abraham was 99 when the Covenant was made with God. That was 47 years after he left Ur in 1970 BC. The 2000 year mark since Adam.
Galatians 3:17 The Torah [the Ten Commandments] was given 430 years after the Covenant.
430 + 47 - 1970 = 1493 BC, the date of the Exodus. As I have said, this date coincides with some dramatic cosmic and earthly events then. Also there are scholars who agree with approx 1493 being the Exodus. So you are 49 years out in your calculations.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

CuriousWes

Site Supporter
Feb 7, 2016
U.S.
✟61,854.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
You all either just ignore and write off any idea that means we might actually have to make a stand, to actually endure what must happen before that glorious Day when He comes to Reign for 1000 years. Tough! Get this: being alive now is our privilege and our chance to prove our faith, look forward to it!
Agree. I hope people aren't surprised if in fact they have to endure a fiery ordeal that tests their faith. 1 Peter 4:12-13

The events that precede Christ's return will cause people to chose whose kingdom they are a part of, the kingdom of God, or the kingdom of darkness. It will bring the church to the unity of the faith and show who has built their lives on the Rock and who has not.

The dichotomy of the two kingdoms must come to a head because the kingdom of darkness will be destroyed when Christ returns to set up His kingdom. Everyone will be forced to choose which kingdom they belong to by virtue of the decisions they make during the great tribulation and subsequent events. The glorious day of the Lord is a day of demarcation which brings an end to Satan's millennia long dominion over the earth. The destroying mountain will be rolled down from the rocks. Jeremiah 51:25

Reactions: keras
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums
Status
Not open for further replies.