✟8,420.00
Country
Niue
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Holder 1995: We Must 'Brainwash' People Against Guns

He lays out the leftist strategy, in this case against guns, that's worked so well in so many other areas - brainwashing people - in particular our young people by indoctrinating them with a large variety of "repetitive" messages from as many sources as they can muster which will communicate the values of the left.

He actually admits it.

Reactions: Rion
I

IAmCatwoman

A comment from 17 years ago outlines the modern "leftist" agenda?

Sure it does...

That said, see the context. They don't want to brainwash people against guns to enforce gun control. They want to brainwash people against guns to include CRIMINALS who may use guns - a step toward removing guns as a resource for criminals, therefore removing the need for them in self defense situations. Guns themselves brainwash people - they provide a sense of security in a weapon which when used can be incredibly dangerous. And people sure have been brainwashed to believe guns are this eternal good with illogical phrases like "guns don't kill people, people kill people". Of course people kill people. But people are much more likely to kill people, and much more able to kill people, with a gun, as opposed to a different weapon. All guns were designed to kill, most guns were designed to kill people - you don't go hunting with a handgun. Are you honestly trying to argue that humanity is much better for the innovation of guns? That's what sets the 2nd Amendment apart from the others, and makes it more controversial. All of the other original amendments are philosophical - saying you have a right to something you are born with - speech, being treated respectfully, being aware of your powers, to believe how you wish. None of the originals give you a right to own a modern, man-made invention. And that the Bill of Rights would state that you have a right to bear arms - before your right to food, shelter, clothes, water, health and medication, education, relationships, family, or anything which is much more necessary to human survival - you have the right to own a gun. How do you not see this as wrong and controversial? I think some people set the Founding Fathers on too high a pedestal - yes, they founded the country. This doesn't put them above making bad decisions. The 2nd Amendment was written at a time directly following the Revolutionary War, and a time when people weren't allowed to have guns to avoid rebellion. It was written specifically to pander to that.

Nowadays, that isn't the issue, with the invention of weapons far more dangerous than guns. Now this "right" - granted with no religious influence, purely cultural - is used just as a means to own guns for "self defense" in the handful of cases where it's used for that purpose (or in the case of some guns, hunting, something which I have no issue with). You can argue all day about how much the 2nd Amendment grants, but the real question should be, is the 2nd Amendment still necessary? Should it really be considered a "right" when so many others things, far more necessary to people, AREN'T included as "rights"?

Last edited:
Upvote 0
T

Theofane

He lays out the leftist strategy, in this case against guns, that's worked so well in so many other areas - brainwashing people - in particular our young people by indoctrinating them with a large variety of "repetitive" messages from as many sources as they can muster which will communicate the values of the left.

He actually admits it.

I think Holder had the right idea, trying to lessen or counteract the gun-culture in America. Fewer school-shootings, fewer American children sacrificed like lambs.

Upvote 0

SnowCal

50 Cent Party
Jan 24, 2012
✟9,835.00
Faith
Agnostic
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Democrat
I think Holder had the right idea, trying to lessen or counteract the gun-culture in America. Fewer school-shootings, fewer American children sacrificed like lambs.

I was talking to a friend earlier today. This general subject came up. She's had two friends shoot themselves in the buttocks. You know, practicing the whole quickdraw thing, finger hits the trigger, there goes the right cheek. Me? I've never heard of anybody doing that but I did have a friend blow off his face. Boondock Saints-style. Except it wasn't a cat. It was his jaw. He had a great singing voice too.

I own a rifle. I like to shoot it. But I definitely support the idea that packing heat shouldn't be 'cool' in our culture. More bad comes from that than good.

Upvote 0

SmellsLikeCurlyFries

Social Capitalist
Jan 22, 2012
Chattanooga, Tennessee
✟5,424.00
Faith
Pagan
Marital Status
Engaged
Politics
US-Democrat
Having watched the video, I don't see the problem. This isn't "brainwashing", it's merely doing what Christians have advocated doing when it comes to sex and...well...pretty much everything that is taboo in Christianity.

Nothing to see here, folks.

OH! Wait! I forgot something! Obviously Holder's opinions from 17 years ago have no bearing on President Obama, since he's been surprisingly pro-gun.

Upvote 0

Vylo

Stick with the King!
Aug 3, 2003
New Jersey
✟203,465.00
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Others
Having watched the video, I don't see the problem. This isn't "brainwashing", it's merely doing what Christians have advocated doing when it comes to sex and...well...pretty much everything that is taboo in Christianity.

Nothing to see here, folks.

OH! Wait! I forgot something! Obviously Holder's opinions from 17 years ago have no bearing on President Obama, since he's been surprisingly pro-gun.

Well, he did actually say he wanted to brainwash people.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

katautumn

Prodigal Daughter
May 14, 2015
Atlanta, GA
✟24,189.00
Country
United States
Faith
Other Religion
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
You can argue all day about how much the 2nd Amendment grants, but the real question should be, is the 2nd Amendment still necessary? Should it really be considered a "right" when so many others things, far more necessary to people, AREN'T included as "rights"?

The constitution is outmoded and unnecessary just as soon as the left is willing to let go of the fabled "right to an abortion" nestled somewhere in with the alleged "right to privacy", as they claim it's a constitutional right. I guess we could also argue whether or not freedom of religion or freedom of speech or freedom to assemble peacefully are still necessary. After all, Rush Limbaugh said some pretty hurtful things about Sandra Fluke and countless media personalities have taken jabs at Sarah Palin and her kids. I'm really starting to question whether or not freedom of speech is such a great thing after all.

Upvote 0

SmellsLikeCurlyFries

Social Capitalist
Jan 22, 2012
Chattanooga, Tennessee
✟5,424.00
Faith
Pagan
Marital Status
Engaged
Politics
US-Democrat
The constitution is outmoded and unnecessary just as soon as the left is willing to let go of the fabled "right to an abortion" nestled somewhere in with the alleged "right to privacy", as they claim it's a constitutional right.

FWIW, the Supreme Court (you know, that group of nine folks the Constitution names as the final arbiter of Constitutional interpretation?) has actually declared in more than one case that the right to privacy IS a Constitutional right.

Upvote 0

katautumn

Prodigal Daughter
May 14, 2015
Atlanta, GA
✟24,189.00
Country
United States
Faith
Other Religion
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
FWIW, the Supreme Court (you know, that group of nine folks the Constitution names as the final arbiter of Constitutional interpretation?) has actually declared in more than one case that the right to privacy IS a Constitutional right.

Yes, just as the SCOTUS has determined in case after case that the 2nd amendment does, in fact, protect the right for law abiding citizens to possess firearms. And yet, somehow, this is the only amendment that makes liberals claim the entire Constitution is outdated. Funny how that works.

Upvote 0

SmellsLikeCurlyFries

Social Capitalist
Jan 22, 2012
Chattanooga, Tennessee
✟5,424.00
Faith
Pagan
Marital Status
Engaged
Politics
US-Democrat
Yes, just as the SCOTUS has determined in case after case that the 2nd amendment does, in fact, protect the right for law abiding citizens to possess firearms. And yet, somehow, this is the only amendment that makes liberals claim the entire Constitution is outdated. Funny how that works.

*shrug* To be fair, the Constitution IS outdated, except where it has been amended. You're talking about a document from 1789 still being used mostly in the same form in 2012.

Don't get me wrong, I'm a strict Constitutionalist, I'm just saying, it IS outdated and could use some more amendments in some areas to modernize it.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

katautumn

Prodigal Daughter
May 14, 2015
Atlanta, GA
✟24,189.00
Country
United States
Faith
Other Religion
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
*shrug* To be fair, the Constitution IS outdated, except where it has been amended. You're talking about a document from 1789 still being used mostly in the same form in 2012.

Don't get me wrong, I'm a strict Constitutionalist, I'm just saying, it IS outdated and could use some more amendments in some areas to modernize it.

It has remained largely intact because it is effective at preserving liberty. The problem is that many people isolate the 2nd amendment and claim things like, "well, we have this pervasive gun obsessed culture and we don't really need to be armed against the government any more, so let's just say that guns are bad and the 2nd amendment is outdated".

I would hazard a guess that more people, per capita, owned guns in the 1800s than they do now and yet violent crime wasn't as big of an issue then as it is now. Why is that? My husband was in high school in the early-80s. Kids had gun racks in their trucks and showed off their rifles in the parking lot after school. There weren't school shootings. And these kids were all on various recreational drugs to boot!

What is it about our society that makes it less advantageous to own a firearm? Is it because law enforcement does such a fantastic job at preventing crime? I haven't seen evidence to attest to that. Is it because we've evolved as humans to the point where no president would ever dream of trying to become a tyrannical dictator, therefore we don't need a "well regulated militia"?

Upvote 0

SmellsLikeCurlyFries

Social Capitalist
Jan 22, 2012
Chattanooga, Tennessee
✟5,424.00
Faith
Pagan
Marital Status
Engaged
Politics
US-Democrat
I would hazard a guess that more people, per capita, owned guns in the 1800s than they do now and yet violent crime wasn't as big of an issue then as it is now. Why is that? My husband was in high school in the early-80s. Kids had gun racks in their trucks and showed off their rifles in the parking lot after school. There weren't school shootings. And these kids were all on various recreational drugs to boot!

What is it about our society that makes it less advantageous to own a firearm? Is it because law enforcement does such a fantastic job at preventing crime? I haven't seen evidence to attest to that. Is it because we've evolved as humans to the point where no president would ever dream of trying to become a tyrannical dictator, therefore we don't need a "well regulated militia"?

I'm for the Second Amendment, so you're preaching to the choir :p

Upvote 0

SOAD

Why do they always send the poor? (S.O.A.D.)
Jul 20, 2006
✟7,778.00
Faith
Deist
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Others

He actually admits it.

Every time I go to church they triy to indoctrinate me and everybody else into thinking that we should not hurt others. Those leftists :D

They actually admit it!

Last edited:
Upvote 0

SOAD

Why do they always send the poor? (S.O.A.D.)
Jul 20, 2006
✟7,778.00
Faith
Deist
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Others

He actually admits it.

Obviously, George Zimmerman did not get the brainwashing memo.

Upvote 0

Blackwater Babe

Jan 10, 2011
United States
✟8,940.00
Faith
Catholic
Politics
US-Libertarian

Yeah, but when the Supreme Court makes rulings we don't like, we invoke "activist judges" and act like their rulings don't matter. What are you, new?

Upvote 0