Mar 2, 2013
✟290,975.00
Country
New Zealand
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Single
Erdogan's Islamic faith is no secret, from what I can tell and have heard about him. He's taking Turkey in a direction away from western secularization and towards a more Islamic way of doing things.

The only criticism I have is not that this is unfair to Christians who aren't allowed to pray there, but rather that they are allowing the wrong sort of prayers there to begin with. I would rather see the Divine Liturgy there than the Islamic call to prayer.

Not that there is much hope for that.

• Winner
Reactions: The Liturgist
Upvote 0

icxn

Bραδύγλωσσος αἰπόλος μαθητεύων κνίζειν συκάμινα
Dec 13, 2004
✟210,855.00
Country
United States
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Private
  • Winner
Reactions: The Liturgist
Upvote 0

dqhall

Site Supporter
Jul 21, 2015
Florida
Visit site
✟766,603.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Erdogan's Islamic faith is no secret, from what I can tell and have heard about him. He's taking Turkey in a direction away from western secularization and towards a more Islamic way of doing things.

The only criticism I have is not that this is unfair to Christians who aren't allowed to pray there, but rather that they are allowing the wrong sort of prayers there to begin with. I would rather see the Divine Liturgy there than the Islamic call to prayer.

Not that there is much hope for that.
In 1915-16 the Muslim Turks massacred 1.5 million Armenian Christians who lived among them. Mosques participated in the organized killings during the Armenian Genocide. Turkey is predominately Muslim.

Upvote 0

icxn

Bραδύγλωσσος αἰπόλος μαθητεύων κνίζειν συκάμινα
Dec 13, 2004
✟210,855.00
Country
United States
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Private
Upvote 0