Enough is Enough Already! Let's Be Honest!

Status
Not open for further replies.

GraceInHim

† Need a lifeguard? Mine walks on water †
Oct 25, 2005
MA
✟24,206.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
RubiesFire1382 said:
No comment.

Since the thread no longer bears good fruit, because some of us are forgetting to Behave like Christians.

Godbless my Brothers and Sisters in Christ. :kiss:

see .. you discern very well.. that is a gift..:thumbsup:

Upvote 0
Jan 6, 2006
West Auckland, NZ
✟7,833.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
herev said:
his name is "stranger" He posts here and on www.inallthingslove.net Check him out.

yes, I think so.

yes, it does say this. My own take is that this refers to intentional sinning without concern. To accept that it means total sinlessness goes against so many other scriptures, IMHO.

Thanks for - and I agree.

Upvote 0

A. believer

Contributor
Jun 27, 2003
✟22,460.00
Faith
Calvinist
Marital Status
Married
RubiesFire1382 said:
No comment.

Since the thread no longer bears good fruit, because some of us are forgetting to Behave like Christians.

How do Christians necessarily behave that "some of us"are forgetting. Perhaps I lack your alleged discernment, but personally I get a little tired of the narrow view that Christian behavior necessarily always looks like this :groupray:. Sometimes I wonder what many of the people in this forum would think if they had any idea how the Christians God used to preserve the orthodox Trinitarian and Christology behaved as they stood firmly for these Scriptural truths.

Upvote 0

woobadooba

Legend
Sep 4, 2005
✟10,191.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
RubiesFire1382 said:
No comment.

You are right. And I am beginning to think that CF is only bringing the worst out of me.

It would probably be best to find something else to do with my time.

Upvote 0

GraceInHim

† Need a lifeguard? Mine walks on water †
Oct 25, 2005
MA
✟24,206.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
woobadooba said:
You are right. And I am beginning to think that CF is only bringing the worst out of me.

It would probably be best to find something else to do with my time.

if you speak in God's words, you are doing fine.. remember what Jesus said to Satan "It is written, we should not live by bread alone but by every word of God"

:thumbsup:

Upvote 0

Gwenyfur

Legend
Dec 18, 2004
Everywhere
✟66,698.00
Faith
Pagan
Marital Status
In Relationship
Politics
US-Constitution
RubiesFire1382 said:
No comment.

reps to you!!!!

Reactions: +RubiesFire+
Upvote 0

qazaq

Jan 14, 2006
✟15,127.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
eh...however glad I am about my post being the last one about truth...it would nice to get some feedback :).

Btw, always remember, no matter what other people believe, you can always be wrong: Keep an open mind.
And don't get too into it. People sometimes will never believe you, no matter how much proof, no matter how much evidence is given. Satan whispers in their ear, and you musn't get discouraged, no matter how frustrating it is.

And remember, you could be the one Satan is whispering to.

May your mind and thoughts be clear and pure,
qazaq

Upvote 0

Amb1

Jan 1, 2006
✟377.00
Faith
Protestant
woobadooba said:
I disagree with you. Anything that isn't true is a lie. And if someone is teaching something that isn't true, whether he knows it or not, he is still telling lies.

And I am open to refutation and admonition. I believe in the non-parochial approach, meaning, I want the best of what is out there. Thus I am open to change. And if someone can clearly show me that my theology is in error in any way, I will recant. I don't try to cover anything up. Truth is more important than pride.
I like your answer. But, I have to voice my opinion. I believe that to constitute a lie, there must be deliberate deception. Is a mistaken opinion a lie in the eyes of God? Or, is it just a mistake. If you make a statement that you believe to be true, but it is in error, are you lieing? Or, are you just mistaken?
I would ask those who are reading this: Is an incorrect opinion a lie? Or is it just a mistake?

Upvote 0

woobadooba

Legend
Sep 4, 2005
✟10,191.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Amb1 said:
I like your answer. But, I have to voice my opinion. I believe that to constitute a lie, there must be deliberate deception. Is a mistaken opinion a lie in the eyes of God? Or, is it just a mistake. If you make a statement that you believe to be true, but it is in error, are you lieing? Or, are you just mistaken?
I would ask those who are reading this: Is an incorrect opinion a lie? Or is it just a mistake?

If it is contrary to the truth then it is a lie. But that doesn't mean the person who is speaking it is intentionally lying.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

qazaq

Jan 14, 2006
✟15,127.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
Amb1 said:
Is an incorrect opinion a lie? Or is it just a mistake?
BAM, my entire post in two sentences. Nice.

I would have to say that it would be a mistake.

I am colorblind (slightly, nothing much). A very few shaded of color are a different color to me. If one were to ask me a one of these certain shades, and I were to tell them what I saw, and I was incorrect, would I be lying? It is the same in debating theology. Many people (however contrary it may seem) believe that what they say is true, however obtuse it is to you, even to the point of you thinking that they are intentionally lying.

Upvote 0
Status
Not open for further replies.