Site Supporter
Oct 9, 2010
Washington State
✟358,358.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
This dispensation of grace began with the cross and marks the end times of grace for mankind. We are presently living in the end of the end times, I believe, and the judgment of this world is not far off. Most reliable Bible scholars also show this.

- 1 Watchman

Last edited:
Upvote 0
C

Christownsme

Hi 1 watchman,

I'd say YES that it appears we are in the end of the end times. The book of Luke holds a lot of information on his second coming.

Also Matthew 24:3-51 and chapter 25 likewise hold much information.

In Luke 21:10-37, Luke elaborates on the things to come. What I really hold on to is verse 28:

But when these things begin to take place, straighten up and lift up your heads, because your redemption is drawing near.

And Matthew 24:14

This gospel of the kingdom shall be preached in the whole world as a testimony to all the nations, and then the end will come.

Also, many false Christs must come. There's so much, and we don't know what our brothers and sisters in foreign lands are facing or seeing necessarily. The most important verse to me is

Mathews 24:42

Therefore be on the alert, for you do not know which day your Lord is coming.

Interesting post

Upvote 0

miamited

Ted
Site Supporter
Oct 4, 2010
Seneca SC
✟705,807.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Hi new wine,

Yes, you'll have to provide a little more color to your question. Is there going to be an end times? Yes. Are we in the end times? Depends on what you define as the end times.

There is a logical thought that once Jesus ascended into heaven to return to the Father that the 'last days' spoken of by many of the prophets began. However, for me, the term end times is marked by a period that begins with the ushering in of the final Antichrist.

God bless you.
In Christ, Ted

Upvote 0

1watchman

Overseer
Site Supporter
Oct 9, 2010
Washington State
✟358,358.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
I believe we should understand that Matthew 24 & 25 is a prophetic message for Israel, but becomes also a warning to the world in general, so that as we "see the day approaching" (Heb. 10) we can be ready.

I also believe that being ready speaks of salvation of our soul and not as being ready to go through tribulation (as some Christians hold). I am looking for the translation of the church before that. Perhaps the more urgent message is to be ready if we should die today ---then we would not be concerned about the Lord's coming, right?

- 1 Watchman
ooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo

Upvote 0

Gnarwhal

☩ Broman Catholic ☩
Oct 31, 2008
N/A
✟434,390.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Libertarian
We have been in the end times for about 2000 years now. They might continue for another 2000 years. The end might come tonight. No one knows, not even the Son, but on the Father.

This. :thumbsup:

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Kutte

Dec 30, 2007
USA
✟31,666.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Widowed
Politics
US-Green
The end of days of the world are usually the ones late in the month of December.

The 'end-times' have been predicted countles times and never lost any fascination for many people. One outstanding time was the year 999 AD when many people sold their belongings and went to Jerusalem awaiting the arrival of Jesus Christ.

Kutte

Upvote 0

ampbelle3130

i melt in Your peace - it's overwhelming.
Mar 19, 2010
oregon!
✟10,997.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
i do not pretend to know much about this. i'm trying to learn more about it. but to me, it seems a little difficult to predict or assess whether or not we are in the end times. "end" is a relative term. although from the little i've heard/read/researched (which is not much at all...) it would make sense to say that we are approaching the end times, we are always getting closer to the end, no matter when it occurs.

i have so many questions about this. i need to research it more. lol.

Upvote 0

Gnarwhal

☩ Broman Catholic ☩
Oct 31, 2008
N/A
✟434,390.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Libertarian
The end of days of the world are usually the ones late in the month of December.

LOL.

The 'end-times' have been predicted countles times and never lost any fascination for many people. One outstanding time was the year 999 AD when many people sold their belongings and went to Jerusalem awaiting the arrival of Jesus Christ.

Kutte

QFT. Funny how the simple rolling-over of a clock/counter can cause people to extrapolate so many bizarre conclusions about something. E.G; Y2K.

i do not pretend to know much about this. i'm trying to learn more about it. but to me, it seems a little difficult to predict or assess whether or not we are in the end times. "end" is a relative term. although from the little i've heard/read/researched (which is not much at all...) it would make sense to say that we are approaching the end times, we are always getting closer to the end, no matter when it occurs.

i have so many questions about this. i need to research it more. lol.

It's true, we're 2000 years closer than we were 2000 years ago, but we may still have yet another 2000+ years ahead of us. Who knows, like you said, the term "end times" is relative. The focus should be what are we, the church, concentrating on in the present? Is our gaze so fixed on the future that we forget what our commission is here, now?

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

1watchman

Overseer
Site Supporter
Oct 9, 2010
Washington State
✟358,358.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
When Jesus mentions

But when these things begin to take place, straighten up and lift up your heads, because you redemption is drawing near,

is He talking about the rapture of His people?

That is a message to Israel, as is most of Matthew, but has also a warning to the whole world. The redemption for Israel is the fulfillment of prophecy concerning them to be restored as a nation and rule over the Gentile world.

- 1 Watchman

Upvote 0

1watchman

Overseer
Site Supporter
Oct 9, 2010
Washington State
✟358,358.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
The end of the end times is really our thought here, since the cross began the end, as stated here earlier. No one knows the exact time, not even Jesus, as He said, "but my Father only".

We are much encouraged as we meditate on the time of our home call, and we are given to consider the times (Heb. 10:25), for it is the joy of faithful believers to think of going to be with Christ.

- 1 Watchman

Upvote 0

Jerushabelle

Oct 6, 2010
✟6,072.00
Faith
Messianic
Marital Status
Married
That is a message to Israel, as is most of Matthew, but has also a warning to the whole world. The redemption for Israel is the fulfillment of prophecy concerning them to be restored as a nation and rule over the Gentile world.

- 1 Watchman

Hmm, could it not be said that we are Israel? I mean, aren't we, by virtue of our belief in Jesus Christ, adopted into the tribe of Judah? Just a thought.

End times? Maybe. Who knows? Evil is evil regardless, so let's put the whole armor on and hang in!

Upvote 0