Status
Not open for further replies.

RKF

Apr 3, 2002
texas
Visit site
✟934.00
EU military chief calls for merging EU and NATO

The military technology gap between US and Nato is growing and that makes the cooperation more difficult. (Photo: Notat)
The chairman of the Military Committee of the European Union, General Gustav Hägglund, has called for a new common security system for Europe and America, under which the EU and the European parts of Nato would be linked and deal with crises in Europe and nearby.

New EU-Nato organisation
Mr Hägglund suggested that this new EU-Nato organization would also take part of long-term operations and humanitarian missions outside Europe, reports the Helsingin Sanomat. Under Mr Hägglund's vision the US would have to guarantee the safety of North America, worldwide crisis management missions and deal with terrorism.

Speech presented to Solana in advance
Although Mr Hägglund stressed that his proposal was "speculative", his speech had been presented to the EU's foreign affairs envoy Javier Solana in advance. Mr Hägglund assured that the organizational changes in the Nato would not mean the end of cooperation between Europe and US. The chairman of the EU Military Committee said that the military technology gap between US and Nato is growing and that makes the cooperation more difficult.

European and North American pillar
"It would be appropriate to build this community of values on two mutually supporting pillars: a European and a North American pillar. The European pillar would involve the EU and NATO's European parts appropriately linked together," Mr Hägglund said according to the Helsingin Sanomat.

Upvote 0

rollinTHUNDER

Veteran
Dec 30, 2001
Central Florida USA
Visit site
✟22,549.00
Country
United States
Faith
Protestant
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Libertarian
Yeah- You can almost see the merger comin'. Who are we to be surprised?? It's not like we weren't expecting something along these lines. Interesting thread Ron, even though this forum is now like a ghost town. I guess some of us saw that coming too.

Upvote 0

rollinTHUNDER

Veteran
Dec 30, 2001
Central Florida USA
Visit site
✟22,549.00
Country
United States
Faith
Protestant
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Libertarian
I don't know if the U.S. is ready to take on this added responsibility right now, but after the rapture and the crisis it brings, I can't see that the U.S. would have much choice. Right now, the U.S. is focusing on leading the coalition in the war against terror. The EU and America don't see eye to eye on everything, and these added responsibilities may be too much right now. One thing for sure, the world will eventually come together as a Global Government, and ALL nations will go against Israel. The rapture will probably be just the right world crisis to bring everything together. Keep looking up.

Upvote 0

rollinTHUNDER

Veteran
Dec 30, 2001
Central Florida USA
Visit site
✟22,549.00
Country
United States
Faith
Protestant
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Libertarian
Originally posted by RKF
The rapture is not going to happen until the day of the lord, would you like some scriptures to help you see that?

No, I gotta get ready for work. I have been through this a hundered times already. It's all in how you interpret the scriptures. I did go check out that sight, but was there anything in paricular that you wanted me to see. Just let me know, and then we can talk about it later. See ya friend

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Josiah

Super suction ears away!
Jan 20, 2002
Florida
Visit site
✟716.00
Originally posted by RKF
but ya really need to rethink it sometime

I believe that we (believers) will be "caught up" before the tribulation. But whether I'm right or wrong (and I'm right :D) I think it ultimately doesn't matter.

We all believe Jesus will return and we must be ready. (One thing that doesn't really make sense to me from the post-trib view - Why would we be raptured only to immediately return with Jesus?)

...Anyway, I agree with Rollin'...I don't want to get into a debate. If Jesus is your Savior then your my brother and I'll see ya in the New Jerusalem! :D

Yeah, Rollin'...what IS the deal with this forum? Have we run out of things to talk about here? Can't imagine that...Looking forward to your next post! :)

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

Blessed-one

a long journey ahead
Jan 30, 2002
Australia
Visit site
✟25,777.00
Faith
Protestant
Marital Status
Single
yep, it's been the endtime since a long time ago, but no one ever knows when Jesus's coming back.... probably when the world's thrown in total chaos and the world temperature goes higher and higher, and the Jews rebuild the temple and natural disasters rise to a level too high to ignore... (the list goes one)

Upvote 0

RKF

Apr 3, 2002
texas
Visit site
✟934.00
Look at these scriptures, the anti-christ is on the scene, and we are still here helpin' those see the truth. Notice that it says we shall be strong and do exploits, not possible without the Holy Ghost, which would be gone after the rapture, No debate just scriptures.

Dan 11:31 And arms shall stand on his part, and they shall pollute the sanctuary of strength, and shall take away the daily [sacrifice], and they shall place the abomination that maketh desolate.

Dan 11:32 And such as do wickedly against the covenant shall he corrupt by flatteries: but the people that do know their God shall be strong, and do [exploits].

Dan 11:33 And they that understand among the people shall instruct many: yet they shall fall by the sword, and by flame, by captivity, and by spoil, [many] days.

Dan 11:34 Now when they shall fall, they shall be holpen with a little help: but many shall cleave to them with flatteries.

Dan 11:35 And [some] of them of understanding shall fall, to try them, and to purge, and to make [them] white, [even] to the time of the end: because [it is] yet for a time appointed.

Dan 11:36 And the king shall do according to his will; and he shall exalt himself, and magnify himself above every god, and shall speak marvellous things against the God of gods, and shall prosper till the indignation be accomplished: for that that is determined shall be done.

Upvote 0

rollinTHUNDER

Veteran
Dec 30, 2001
Central Florida USA
Visit site
✟22,549.00
Country
United States
Faith
Protestant
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Libertarian
Originally posted by RKF
Dan 7:21 I beheld, and the same horn made war with the saints, and prevailed against them;

Rev 13:7 And it was given unto him to make war with the saints, and to overcome them: and power was given him over all kindreds, and tongues, and nations.

Hey Ron,
I would also agree with that verse. The tribulation saints will be overcome by the anti-christ, but those will be the five foolish virgins of Matt. 25:. I am not one that believes Jesus is going to rapture the entire church. The Bridegroom will be returning for His Bride, the five wise virgins that were ready and waiting and watching. I don't want to go too much into this now, because my next thread will be about this stuff. But I will tell you that my father in-law goes to a Pentecostal Church. He is also pre-trib, and he reads his Bible everyday. And he loves to sit around talking about the end times, me too. See ya

Upvote 0

RKF

Apr 3, 2002
texas
Visit site
✟934.00
SOURCE: Applied Digital Solutions Inc.
VeriChip's First-ever ``Chipping'' Procedures Attracting Worldwide Media Attention - ABC's Good Morning America to Provide Extended, Two-day Coverage
PALM BEACH, Fla.--(BUSINESS WIRE)--May 7, 2002--Applied Digital Solutions (NASDAQ:ADSX - news)

GMA plans live coverage of Jacobs family "chipping" on Friday
morning May 10, 2002, with follow-up interview on Monday morning
May 13, 2002

CBS Evening News will cover VeriChip story Friday, May 10, 2002,

including early stage Alzheimer's patient Nate Isaacson

Applied Digital Solutions, Inc. (Nasdaq: ADSX - news), an advanced technology development company, announced today that it is expecting extensive, worldwide media coverage of the first-ever "chipping" procedures scheduled for May 10, 2002.

ABC's Good Morning America will provide live coverage of the Jacobs family "chipping" procedure that morning, with a follow-up interview on Monday morning, May 13, 2002.

In addition, CBS Evening News will air an in-depth story on May 10, 2002, including the "chipping" of early stage Alzheimer's patient Nate Isaacson.

As previously announced, the Jacobs family will be the first family in the world to "get chipped" with VeriChip's personal verification microchip. The historic "chipping" procedure will take place in the first Authorized VeriChip Center in Palm Beach County, Florida, followed by a press conference and an invitation-only brunch for business partners and community leaders. During the press conference and the business brunch, Applied Digital executives will unveil more details about VeriChip's rollout plans.

Commenting on the extensive media interest in the event, Scott R. Silverman, President of Applied Digital Solutions, said: "VeriChip has been the subject of widespread media attention for the past few months, everything from Time Magazine to the Today Show, the Early Show, CNN's American Morning with Paula Zahn, CBS Weekend Evening News, and the O'Reilly Factor on Fox News. We're delighted that Good Morning America and CBS Evening News will cover the first-ever "chipping" procedures on May 10th.

Many other television networks, magazines and newspapers from around the world are expected to be there. CNN, Telemundo, Tech TV, Nick News, Inside Edition, and Fox News all plan to be there. Reporters and photographers from the Associated Press and Reuters will cover the story. We've also heard from The Financial Times Magazine in London, the Washington Post, the Los Angeles Times, Wired News, the BBC, French television, German television, Nippon TV in Japan, Brazil, Italy, Mexico, you name it. Major media outlets throughout Europe, Asia, Latin America and North America have expressed interest in covering this historic international news event, along with details of VeriChip's initial market launch in the United States."

About VeriChip(TM)

Upvote 0
Status
Not open for further replies.