Discussion 'End Times Revival'

SavedByGrace3

Jesus is Lord of ALL! (Not asking permission)
Site Supporter
Jun 6, 2002
Midlands
Visit site
✟563,553.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
I remember when I first came across the teaching about an end time revival. It was in 1972 and I was reading and listening after Derek Prince about the end times. Prince presented this in the context of the dual restoration of both Israel and the Church. The "former rain" is the first century outpouring of the Spirit to germinate the plants, and the latter rain, known as the harvest rain, to bring forth the fruit.
Some of the scriptures he used included:

This refers to a last day generation of believers who are empowered by the Holy Spirit to evangelize the earth.

Psalms 22:30-31 KJV
30. A seed shall serve him; it shall be accounted to the Lord for a generation.
31. They shall come and shall declare his righteousness unto a people that shall be born, that he hath done this.

Hosea 6:1-3 KJV
1. Come, and let us return unto the LORD: for he hath torn, and he will heal us; he hath smitten, and he will bind us up.
2. After two days will he revive us: in the third day he will raise us up, and we shall live in his sight.
3. Then shall we know, if we follow on to know the LORD: his going forth is prepared as the morning; and he shall come unto us as the rain, as the latter and former rain unto the earth.

Joel 2:23 KJV
23. Be glad then, ye children of Zion, and rejoice in the LORD your God: for he hath given you the former rain moderately, and he will cause to come down for you the rain, the former rain, and the latter rain in the first month.

Jeremiah 5:24 KJV
24. Neither say they in their heart, Let us now fear the LORD our God, that giveth rain, both the former and the latter, in his season: he reserveth unto us the appointed weeks of the harvest.

Acts 3:19-21 KJV
19. Repent ye therefore, and be converted, that your sins may be blotted out, when the times of refreshing shall come from the presence of the Lord;
20. And he shall send Jesus Christ, which before was preached unto you:
21. Whom the heaven must receive until the times of restitution of all things, which God hath spoken by the mouth of all his holy prophets since the world began.

In Princes context, this refers to the restoration of the church to its first century power and glory.

The following is the proof of both the goal and method of this restoration. The ministry gifts will be active until we attain completeness as the body of Christ. This will occur during the above mentioned "restoration of the church."

Ephesians 4:11-16 KJV
11. And he gave some, apostles; and some, prophets; and some, evangelists; and some, pastors and teachers;
12. For the perfecting of the saints, for the work of the ministry, for the edifying of the body of Christ:
13. Till we all come in the unity of the faith, and of the knowledge of the Son of God, unto a perfect man, unto the measure of the stature of the fulness of Christ:
14. That we henceforth be no more children, tossed to and fro, and carried about with every wind of doctrine, by the sleight of men, and cunning craftiness, whereby they lie in wait to deceive;
15. But speaking the truth in love, may grow up into him in all things, which is the head, even Christ:
16. From whom the whole body fitly joined together and compacted by that which every joint supplieth, according to the effectual working in the measure of every part, maketh increase of the body unto the edifying of itself in love.

There is a lot more to this, and Price successfully links the parallel restoration of the church and the restoration of modern Israel.

Does the Church Need Restoration? | Podcast | Derek Prince Ministries

Upvote 0

spiritfilledjm

Site Supporter
Apr 15, 2007
Indianapolis, Indiana
✟225,404.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
Would that be considered the 'last great revival?'. (not the last as in there might not be another, but the nearest back in time?) Kind Regards :)

I believe so. Brownsville, Toronto, Calvary Temple here in Indy (to a lesser extent), International House of Prayer. Ever since, I believe about 2008 or so it's been a steady decline, maybe not so much in Church attendance overall (COVID doesn't count) but definitely, in the anointing, I would say. Though that is largely based on my own experience and the fact it took me 18 months to find a church in my area that still actively pursued the gifts of the Holy Spirit, including going to a few Assemblies of God churches that seemed more concerned about putting on a performance Sunday morning or actively speaking against allowing the sign gifts in the church, or one where, while they were open to it...I was about 31 or so and everyone there was old enough to be my grandparent.

At the same time, as I think I mentioned in a prior post here, revival isn't so much that the sign gifts are happening but rather that salvation is happening. In that regard, I have read recently that Christianity has pulled away from Islam as the most followed religion by about 500 million people. Before, I remember it being neck and neck.

• Informative
Reactions: lismore
Upvote 0

Pioneer3mm

Site Supporter
Aug 12, 2018
North America
✟551,099.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
but definitely, in the anointing, I would say.
Good point.
---
'Jesus Movement' & 'Renewal Movement' (1970's, 1990's) had an impact on/influence..
- during my spiritual journey

Upvote 0

Hazelelponi

:sighing:
Site Supporter
Jun 25, 2018
USA
✟691,963.00
Country
United States
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
Hello!

I have heard the phrase 'End Times Revival' many times. If you believe in this idea please reply! I have always been interested in all things End Times.

Is there scripture that points to an End times Revival?
What would it be like?
When will it happen? Are we close?
Does it tie into the pre-Trib or post-Trib positions?
What is your definition of 'Revival' anyway?

God Bless :)

I think a great revival immediately preceding the second coming comes from a futurist dispensationalist eschatological position.

Jesus Himself asked the question:

I tell you, he will give justice to them speedily. Nevertheless, when the Son of Man comes, will he find faith on earth?” Luke 18:8

This and other passages suggest that faith will be at an all time low when Jesus returns.

I think all people pretty much agree on the definition of revival though... That doesn't mean there will be some great restoration of faith that hasn't already occurred though.

• Friendly
Reactions: lismore
Upvote 0

lismore

Maranatha
Oct 28, 2004
Scotland
✟245,540.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
I think all people pretty much agree on the definition of revival though... .

Thanks Hazelelponi for your reply. I have often been at a meeting where 'revival' was brought up. But it can be elusive, 'Revival is coming I can feel it' moves to 'why revival waits'. It can be a tricky subject as the term is not directly used in the bible and I detected that people seemed to have different views of what it was and how it could come. For some it would be related to expository bible preaching and gospel preaching, to others it's more like a celebration or a party with minimal bible involvement.

I heard one sceptical person describe it like this: when you have a work colleague who is unhappy at their work, but has no tangible plan for career change, no pension plan then their vague hope is to win the lottery and get them out of there. In the same way the church with no real blueprint for evangelism talks about 'revival'. Like the carrot that keeps the donkey going. I'm not sure if I agree completely with that but it was food for thought. God Bless :)

Upvote 0