Dec 16, 2006
Beach House
Visit site
✟51,276.00
Faith
Pentecostal
Marital Status
Single
The next great revival may very well come from persecution's of the church right before the second coming of Jesus Christ ... when they start lining us up to test us ... to test our faith the way they did the first Christians then we will meet in secret and glorify the Lord. Yes, a revived interest in Jesus is revival, but so far it has never really lasted ... just like the parable of the seed sower has said, "Some will fall by the way side and some will produce more fruit.

Upvote 0

lismore

Maranatha
Oct 28, 2004
Scotland
✟242,556.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
But what has essentially changed as a result?

I think sometimes 'revivals' and 'revival teaching/ prophecy can be a little off base. They often emphasize blessings, experiences, encounters. Not necessarily bad things, but it's what they miss out that holes the ship.

For example Peter's sermon in Acts 3.

He talks about the vicarious death and resurrection of Jesus. He tells the people they have wicked ways and commands that the people repent. He says that all will be restored when Jesus returns.

No blessing without repentance. No restoration without the return of the Lord. No encounter without truth.

God Bless :)

Upvote 0

Gregory Thompson

Change is inevitable, feel free to spare some.
Supporter
Dec 20, 2009
Canada
✟721,286.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Christian Seeker
Marital Status
Married
I think sometimes 'revivals' and 'revival teaching/ prophecy can be a little off base. They often emphasize blessings, experiences, encounters. Not necessarily bad things, but it's what they miss out that holes the ship.

For example Peter's sermon in Acts 3.

He talks about the vicarious death and resurrection of Jesus. He tells the people they have wicked ways and commands that the people repent. He says that all will be restored when Jesus returns.

No blessing without repentance. No restoration without the return of the Lord. No encounter without truth.

The thought that came to me is the following pattern: People pray, then a lot of people start praying, and then all of a sudden something supernatural happens that draws people to God - Then the following happens, politics and strife destroy the peace that was achieved.

However, what if people continued to pray in the same manner even after things started to change drastically? What would happen then?

Upvote 0

Gregory Thompson

Change is inevitable, feel free to spare some.
Supporter
Dec 20, 2009
Canada
✟721,286.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Christian Seeker
Marital Status
Married
That's actually a very good question. What has been the fruit of such a revival?
If I find a church where the "feel good experience" results in a change of character on a consistent maturing basis - this is probably the start of a new revival.

Upvote 0

ARBITER01

Legend
Aug 12, 2007
✟161,231.00
Country
United States
Faith
Pentecostal
Marital Status
In Relationship
Politics
US-Republican
If I find a church where the "feel good experience" results in a change of character on a consistent maturing basis - this is probably the start of a new revival.

I think people are too quick to denote anything supernatural as a revival nowadays.

Reactions: lismore
Upvote 0

mourningdove~

"Pray, and prepare ..."
Supporter
Dec 24, 2005
✟433,465.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
... End times Revival?
What would it be like?
When will it happen?

Hi lismore,

As more is revealed to us, so do my thoughts on revival continue to expand.

Presently, with all the global discussion about:
safe or "green" zones ...
internment camps ...
quarantine cities ...
the imprisonment of those a government determines to be a high risk individual
or domestic terrorist ...
etc, etc, etc ...
I believe some of the end time revival will look like this:

Though Suffering, Paul and Silas Sing, November 24 | Revival & Reformation (revivalandreformation.org)

Are we close?

I suspect revival is already happening in some places ...
:plus:

Upvote 0

lismore

Maranatha
Oct 28, 2004
Scotland
✟242,556.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
(This one came to mind, today! :angel:)

Revival = Renewed love for God.

When believers return to their first love that can do a lot to energize the church :)

Wider society perhaps needs something different (they've never had a first love to return to)

Clear preaching of the gospel seems to shake people up a bit, like the bible says, when Peter preached at Pentecost the listeners were 'cut to the heart'.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

ByTheSpirit

Come Lord Jesus
May 17, 2011
Manhattan, KS
✟186,612.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Hello!

I have heard the phrase 'End Times Revival' many times. If you believe in this idea please reply! I have always been interested in all things End Times.

Is there scripture that points to an End times Revival?
What would it be like?
When will it happen? Are we close?
Does it tie into the pre-Trib or post-Trib positions?
What is your definition of 'Revival' anyway?

Growing up in the Baptist church I heard often how Jesus would come pretrib to rapture believers, then God would pour out his Spirit again upon Israel and then those who believed and basically the book of Acts happens until the 7 yr tribulation is over. That was how the end times revival was defined by them.

I no longer adhere to any of that, seeing how I do not believe in a pretribulation rapture in any way shape or form. I do believe that as evil increases on the planet, God's Spirit will become more active in drawing people to Christ. I think we are already in the end times revival. If you think about it for centuries, the church was lifeless under the control of the pope and similar figureheads. Then something happened, you could say the Azusa Revival, or something else, but the Spirit is much more prevelent now, at least in terms of visible activity.

• Informative
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

chevyontheriver

Supporter
Sep 29, 2015
Flyoverland
✟1,224,031.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-American-Solidarity
Hello!

I have heard the phrase 'End Times Revival' many times. If you believe in this idea please reply! I have always been interested in all things End Times.
:)
I expect it. I have no particular expectations as to exactly when. But when I am drawn to go to my parish adoration chapel outside of my normal time, and when I get there it is standing room only, I’ll know it has arrived. Normally it would be two to maybe five people. When people tuned to the Spirit show up like that I’ll know. I suspect those people will then go out to the neighborhood to draw in the last harvest. Thanks to those who even now serve as evangelists.

Upvote 0

lismore

Maranatha
Oct 28, 2004
Scotland
✟242,556.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
I expect it. I have no particular expectations as to exactly when. But when I am drawn to go to my parish adoration chapel outside of my normal time, and when I get there it is standing room only, I’ll know it has arrived. Normally it would be two to maybe five people. When people tuned to the Spirit show up like that I’ll know. I suspect those people will then go out to the neighborhood to draw in the last harvest. Thanks to those who even now serve as evangelists.

In some cases times of stress or hardship bring people into or back to the church and more importantly back to God. During covid I noticed that some people came to church meetings, especially online, seeking answers or perhaps comfort and reassurance. Sadly I think there are bumpy times ahead for the world, which could cause more people to seek spiritual answers. God Bless :)

Upvote 0

tturt

Senior Veteran
Supporter
Oct 30, 2006
✟789,100.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Don't know about the Toronto Airport revival. Some results from Brownsville are many ministers to numerous countries, individuals and families changed. One example is Ward Simpson. According to his testimony, he wasn't living for the Lord when he started attending but his focus and dedication changed. He was at Brownsville for many years. Currently he is CEO of God TV which has several hundred million viewers.

I understand that there were several church services in 1934 with only one convert and it was Billy Graham.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

chevyontheriver

Supporter
Sep 29, 2015
Flyoverland
✟1,224,031.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-American-Solidarity
In some cases times of stress or hardship bring people into or back to the church and more importantly back to God. During covid I noticed that some people came to church meetings, especially online, seeking answers or perhaps comfort and reassurance. Sadly I think there are bumpy times ahead for the world, which could cause more people to seek spiritual answers. God Bless :)
Agreed. I was speaking more about those already committed to Christ and already attuned to the Holy Spirit. The ones there in season and out of season. The bumpy times are coming, and whatever the details of the Holy Spirit's plan is, those are the people who will be the front line troops. They are already the front line troops, but will be called to assemble for a final battle.

• Friendly
Upvote 0

lismore

Maranatha
Oct 28, 2004
Scotland
✟242,556.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Agreed. I was speaking more about those already committed to Christ and already attuned to the Holy Spirit. The ones there in season and out of season. The bumpy times are coming, and whatever the details of the Holy Spirit's plan is, those are the people who will be the front line troops. They are already the front line troops, but will be called to assemble for a final battle.

Sometimes people come back to their church/ back to God even after decades away. It's never too late. There are a lot of folk here in the UK (and perhaps in your neck of the woods too) who are in that position, away but with a seed of truth still in their hearts, like the prodigal son. :)

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

lismore

Maranatha
Oct 28, 2004
Scotland
✟242,556.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
I understand that there were several church services in 1934 with only one convert and it was Billy Graham.

Well that proves the old statement 'It's worth it for the one!' :)

Upvote 0

jiminpa

Supporter
Jul 4, 2004
✟277,974.00
Faith
Charismatic
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
Revival historically has meant a time when people were coming to Christ in great numbers over a short period of time. Revival is usually preceded by:

The fervent prayers of the saints
Unity among believers
One or two inspired individuals who preach without fear and with great power.

You might like to look up John Wesley and Evan Roberts who were instrumental in revivals in England and Wales.

I hear a lot about "Last Days revival". When I look at the state of Christianity right now, I'd say there is no hope. When I look at what Jesus said, I'm more hopeful. He is building His church.He cannot fail.
I disagree with that view of revival. I think it's backwards. You don't revive what has never been alive in the first place. The revival is the time when the believers seek God intensely and the mass salvations are the fruit. The reason that's important is the so many churches want the fruit without what revival really is.

Upvote 0

spiritfilledjm

Supporter
Apr 15, 2007
Indianapolis, Indiana
✟225,404.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
I disagree with that view of revival. I think it's backwards. You don't revive what has never been alive in the first place. The revival is the time when the believers seek God intensely and the mass salvations are the fruit. The reason that's important is the so many churches want the fruit without what revival really is.

Exactly. We've (we being the Charismatic movement) hijacked it to simply mean that a church is really showing an anointing of the Holy Spirit in signs and wonders. Now, I will say that usually, this is a sign as well that many are coming to Christ. However, I have seen where churches were allegedly flowing in the gifts with alleged signs and wonders but were not growing at all or seeing anyone come to Christ. Regardless, many in our camp think that revival is just an abundance of signs and wonders but completely forget that people coming to Christ is the revival and that the signs and wonders are merely a byproduct, and really a tool that God uses to bring them to Christ.

• Informative
Upvote 0

Aussie Pete

Supporter
Aug 14, 2019
Frankston
Visit site
✟727,030.00
Country
Australia
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Divorced
The church was alive at one time. It was nearly destroyed by Roman Catholicism. God has always had the remnant of the faithful. They pray and seek God even while the rest of the church languishes.

Luther and Zwingli broke the yoke of Rome and the church prospered. The history of the church generally has always been up and down. By the time of the Wesleys, the Anglican church had become moribund. The Wesley brothers and a few others started preaching with astounding results. Likewise the church in Wales. Evan Roberts is the face of revival and even the voice, yet there were many concerned Christians crying out to God before he began to preach.

Revival always begins with brethren who sought God diligently and sincerely. It does not just happen. Those believers were alive!

I agree that much of the Church today wants to avoid paying the price for revival. I've said before that there is much talk, but I've seen little to suggest that the church has done anything to satisfy God's heart. Too many Christians (if indeed they are) think that its some kind of supernatural light and magic show, people falling over, lots of weird noises, visions and supposed spiritual manifestations. I believe in the Baptism of the Holy Spirit, but He is not the Ringmaster of some kind of religious circus. I saw this supposed revival in the 1990's. It was as fake as a six dollar note. I fear that a similar phenomenon is on the way and few have the discernment necessary to reject it.

Will there be a "last days harvest" as many are claiming? I hope so. It won't happen the way that Copeland and Howard-Browne imagine it will.

• Friendly
Upvote 0

lismore

Maranatha
Oct 28, 2004
Scotland
✟242,556.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
4 million are reported to have attended the Brownsville revival and 2.5 million are estimated to have attended the Toronto Airport revival...

Would that be considered the 'last great revival?'. (not the last as in there might not be another, but the nearest back in time?) Kind Regards :)

Upvote 0