• Welcome to Christian Forums
  1. Welcome to Christian Forums, a forum to discuss Christianity in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

2. The forums in the Christian Congregations category are now open only to Christian members. Please review our current Faith Groups list for information on which faith groups are considered to be Christian faiths. Christian members please remember to read the Statement of Purpose threads for each forum within Christian Congregations before posting in the forum.
  3. Please note there is a new rule regarding the posting of videos. It reads, "Post a summary of the videos you post . An exception can be made for music videos.". Unless you are simply sharing music, please post a summary, or the gist, of the video you wish to share.
  4. There have been some changes in the Life Stages section involving the following forums: Roaring 20s, Terrific Thirties, Fabulous Forties, and Golden Eagles. They are changed to Gen Z, Millennials, Gen X, and Golden Eagles will have a slight change.
  5. CF Staff, Angels and Ambassadors; ask that you join us in praying for the world in this difficult time, asking our Holy Father to stop the spread of the virus, and for healing of all affected.
  6. We are no longer allowing posts or threads that deny the existence of Covid-19. Members have lost loved ones to this virus and are grieving. As a Christian site, we do not need to add to the pain of the loss by allowing posts that deny the existence of the virus that killed their loved one. Future post denying the Covid-19 existence, calling it a hoax, will be addressed via the warning system.

Encouraging Scriptures

Discussion in 'Deeper Fellowship' started by GraftMeIn, Jan 15, 2003.

1. GraftMeIn

GraftMeIn The Masters Gardener

+5
    That one is always worth repeating Gerry! How comforting it is to know that nothing has the power to take God away form us :)

Isaiah 41:10-13

Fear thou not; for I am with thee: be not dismayed; for I am thy God: I will strengthen thee; yea, I will help thee; yea, I will uphold thee with the right hand of my righteousness. Behold, all they that were incensed against thee shall be ashamed and confounded: they shall be as nothing; and they that strive with thee shall perish. Thou shalt seek them, and shalt not find them, even them that contended with thee: they that war against thee shall be as nothing, and as a thing of nought. For I the LORD thy God will hold thy right hand, saying unto thee, Fear not; I will help thee.

2. sklippstein

sklippstein Well-Known Member

+1
    Catholic
    What no eye has seen, nor ear heard, nor the human heart conceive, what God has prepared for those who love him.
    1 Cor 2:9

3. sklippstein

+1
    Catholic
    For I will proclaim the name of the Lord; ascribe greatness to our God! The Rock, his work is perfect, and all his ways are just. A faithful God, without deceit, just and upright is he.
    Deut 32:3-4

4. The Simple Plan

The Simple Plan Sojourner

+3
    For God hath not given us the spirit of fear; but of power, and of love, and of a sound mind. 2 Tim 1:7

5. Gerry

Gerry Jesus Paid It All

+12
    Interesting to find this posted here. It is the second time today these words have touched my heart!

6. Gerry

Gerry Jesus Paid It All

+12
    2 Timothy 1:12 For the which cause I also suffer these things: nevertheless I am not ashamed: for I know whom I have believed, and am persuaded that he is able to keep that which I have committed unto him against that day.

7. sklippstein

+1
    Catholic
    God raised us up with him and seated us with him in the heavenly places in Christ Jesus, so that in the ages to come he might show the immeasurable riches of his grace in kindness toward us in Christ Jesus.
    Eph 2:6-7

8. Gerry

Gerry Jesus Paid It All

+12
    1 John 5:13: "These things have I written unto you that believe on the name of the Son of God; that ye may know that ye have eternal life, and that ye may believe on the name of the Son of God."

9. stumpsitting101

stumpsitting101 Senior Member

+6
    Protestant
    All great scriptures. The one I find comfort in is:
    Romans 8: 1---There is therefore NOW no condemnation to them which are in Christ Jesus.
    Blessings
    Ken

10. sklippstein

+1
    Catholic
    Moving this thread back to the top:

I sought the Lord, and he heard me, and delivered me from all my fears.
    Psalm 34:4

11. GraftMeIn

+5
    Psalms 9:9-10
    The Lord also will be a refuge for the oppressed, a refuge in times of trouble. And they that know thy name will put their trust in thee: for thou, Lord, hast not forsaken them that seek thee.

12. reeann

reeann Trust and Obey

+8
    Baptist
    Married
    US-Republican
    Matthew 10:26"So do not be afraid of them. There is nothing concealed that will not be disclosed, or hidden that will not be made known. 27What I tell you in the dark, speak in the daylight; what is whispered in your ear, proclaim from the roofs. 28Do not be afraid of those who kill the body but cannot kill the soul. Rather, be afraid of the One who can destroy both soul and body in hell. 29Are not two sparrows sold for a penny[4] ? Yet not one of them will fall to the ground apart from the will of your Father. 30And even the very hairs of your head are all numbered. 31So don't be afraid; you are worth more than many sparrows.

13. GraftMeIn

+5
    Psalms 91:1-4
    He that dwelleth in the secret place of the most High shall abide under the shadow of the Almighty. I will say of the LORD, He is my refuge and my fortress: my God; in him will I trust. Surely he shall deliver thee from the snare of the fowler, and from the noisome pestilence. He shall cover thee with his feathers, and under his wings shalt thou trust: his truth shall be thy shield and buckler.

14. GraftMeIn

+5
    Psalms 93:1-5
    The LORD reigneth, he is clothed with majesty; the LORD is clothed with strength, wherewith he hath girded himself: the world also is stablished, that it cannot be moved. Thy throne is established of old: thou art from everlasting. The floods have lifted up, O LORD, the floods have lifted up their voice; the floods lift up their waves. The LORD on high is mightier than the noise of many waters, yea, than the mighty waves of the sea. Thy testimonies are very sure: holiness becometh thine house, O LORD, for ever.

15. mistertee49

mistertee49 Obedience

+13
    Protestant
  16. ziggy1952

ziggy1952 New Member

+0
    Psalm 27. The Lord is my light and my salvation;whom shall I fear?The Lord is the strength of my life;of whom shall I be afraid?  

17. reeann

reeann Trust and Obey

+8
    Baptist
    Married
    US-Republican

that reminds me of a song

It has a sort of Jamacian Beat...

I can do all things...all things.... all things

i can do all things, through Christ who strengthens me

He is the Vine, we are the branches, without Him, we can do nothing...

I forget the rest :p

18. ziggy1952

ziggy1952 New Member

+0
    You can't remember the rest of the lyrics. Sometimes I can't remember my kids names! Now that is bad.

19. reeann

reeann Trust and Obey

+8
    Baptist
    Married
    US-Republican
    hahha Ziggy, my mom had 8 children, and she would just go down the line and name them until you answered!! Like, my name when Mamma can't remember it:

Mike, Karen, Janis Marie Anne (reeann for short :D)

LOL at least i'm number four, my poor brother who is number 8! LOL

20. ziggy1952

ziggy1952 New Member

+0
    I know exactly what you mean. Been there and done that. I just glad I'm not the only one.:)