Encouraging Scriptures

GraftMeIn

The Masters Gardener
May 15, 2002
Visit site
✟6,403.00
Know of any good scriptures for encouragment? If so please add some.

One that I find alot of encouragment in when I start thinking about all the evil in the world is Psalm 37. I'll just post the last two verses of it here, but suggest reading the entire chapter.

Psalm 37:39-40
But the salvation of the righteous is of the LORD: he is their strength in the time of trouble. And the LORD shall help them and deliver them: he shall deliver them from the wicked, and save them, because they trust in him.

Gerry

Jesus Paid It All
May 1, 2002
Visit site
✟14,307.00
Romans 8:28-30: "Moreover we know that to those who love God, who are called according to his plan, everything that happens fits into a pattern for good. God, in his foreknowledge, chose them to bear the family likeness of his Son, that he might be the eldest of a family of many brothers. He chose them long ago; when the time came he called them, he made them righteous in his sight, and then lifted them to the splendour of life as his own sons." JBP

How much more encouragement do we need, but to know that no matter what happens, God has already fit it into a pattern for our good!?! Awesome truth!

Upvote 0

wblastyn

Jedi Master
Jun 5, 2002
Northern Ireland
Visit site
✟11,265.00
Faith
Agnostic
Marital Status
Single
All the verses are great so far but these two struck me in particular:

"My flesh and my heart may fail, but God is the strength of my heart and my portion forever." Psalm 73:26

Romans 8:28-30: "Moreover we know that to those who love God, who are called according to his plan, everything that happens fits into a pattern for good. God, in his foreknowledge, chose them to bear the family likeness of his Son, that he might be the eldest of a family of many brothers. He chose them long ago; when the time came he called them, he made them righteous in his sight, and then lifted them to the splendour of life as his own sons." JBP
Thankyou!

Upvote 0

Lizzi4Christ

I'm worth waiting for.
Feb 13, 2002
It doesn't matter... my home is Heaven!
✟8,050.00
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Engaged
Politics
US-Others
Isaiah 43: 1-4

(1) But now, thus says the LORD, who created you, O Jacob, And He who formed you, O Israel: "Fear not, for I have redeemed you; I have called you by your name; You are Mine. (2) When you pass through the waters, I will be with you; And through the rivers, they shall not overflow you. When you walk through the fire, you shall not be burned, Nor shall the flame scorch you. (3) For I am the LORD your God, The Holy One of Israel, your Savior; I gave Egypt for your ransom, Ethiopia and Seba in your place. (4) Since you were precious in My sight, You have been honored, And I have loved you; Therefore I will give men for you, And people for your life.

Isaiah 45:2-3

"I will go before you And make the crooked places straight; I will break in pieces the gates of bronze And cut the bars of iron. (3) I will give you the treasures of darkness And hidden riches of secret places, That you may know that I, the LORD, Who call you by your name, Am the God of Israel.

These are 2 of my all time favorite passages. They're so encouraging.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

GraftMeIn

The Masters Gardener
May 15, 2002
Visit site
✟6,403.00
Great choice of scriptures everyone :) They aren't only encouraging but comforting as well!

Romans 5:1-5
Therefore being justified by faith, we have peace with God through our Lord Jesus Christ: By whom also we have access by faith into this grace wherein we stand, and rejoice in hope of the glory of God. And not only so, but we glory in tribulations also: knowing that tribulation worketh patience; And patience, experience; and experience, hope: And hope maketh not ashamed; because the love of God is shed abroad in our hearts by the Holy Ghost which is given unto us.

Upvote 0

SpiritPsalmist

Heavy lean toward Messianic
Site Supporter
Jun 13, 2002
Southeast Kansas
✟393,824.00
Country
United States
Faith
Charismatic
Marital Status
Single
Originally posted by sklippstein
The Lord your God is in your midst, a warrior who gives victory; he will rejoice over you with gladness, he will renew you in his love, he will exult over you with loud singing.
Zephaniah 3:17

That's my favorite of favorites.

I'll write it according to the NKJV "The Lord your God in your midst, The Mighty One, will save; He will rejoice over you with gladness, He will quiet you with His love, He will rejoice over you with singing."  :clap:

And the Amplified "The Lord your God is in the midst of you, a Mighty One, a Savior [Who saves]! He will rejoice over you with joy; He will rest [in silent satisfaction] and in His love He will be silent and make no mention [of past sins, or even recall them]; He will exult over you with singing.  :clap:

Suggestion:we need a smiley that claps and twirls  :D

Upvote 0

GodOwnsMe

Sep 3, 2002
Visit site
✟2,433.00
Faith
Christian
awwwwwww I love the Zefanja one :) :pink: :bow:
eh.. GraftMen that verse is totally cool but I was just gonna look it up in a bible in my language & it's not Matthew 5/1-5 is it ??

Yea, though I walk through the valley of the shadow of
death, I will fear no evil: for thou art with me; thy
rod and thy staff they comfort me.

Psalm 23:4 KJV

I know how to get along with humble means, and I also know
how to live in prosperity; in any and every circumstance I
have learned the secret of being filled and going hungry,
both of having abundance and suffering need.

>>I can do all things through Him who strengthens me.<<

Philippians 4:12,13 NASB

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

GraftMeIn

The Masters Gardener
May 15, 2002
Visit site
✟6,403.00
Originally posted by GoDowNsMe
awwwwwww I love the Zefanja one :) :pink: :bow:
eh.. GraftMen that verse is totally cool but I was just gonna look it up in a bible in my language & it's not Matthew 5/1-5 is it ??

You are correct! It is Romans 5:1-5. Ok where's a smiley with a dunce cap when you need one? lol! I fixed it, Thanks for pointing that out.

Upvote 0

Gerry

Jesus Paid It All
May 1, 2002
Visit site
✟14,307.00
Romans 8:39 Nor height, nor depth, nor any other creature, shall be able to separate us from the love of God, which is in Christ Jesus our Lord. KJV

This one has already been mentioned, but I wanted to include it again.

"I have become absolutely convinced that neither death nor life, neither messenger of Heaven nor monarch of earth, neither what happens today nor what may happen tomorrow, neither a power from on high nor a power from below, nor anything else in God's whole world has any power to separate us from the love of God in Jesus Christ our Lord!" JBP

Upvote 0