Country
United States
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
And as is noted, an experiment of the Great Reset world wide.

Part of that is about the way things have been changing, naturally, in a more technologically advanced society.

A lot of businesses went under because they were unwilling or unable to stay ahead of the change in the way people shopped generally in the last two decades. If business models can't accurately predict shopping patterns and keep that one step ahead, they do find themselves losing out.

When my husband and I first left the city 8 years ago, I felt a little sad that I wouldn't be able to shop at the same stores for varying things. However with online shopping being what it is, I've actually missed out on absolutely nothing.

And the trend for online shopping has been holding strong far longer than that.. for many it's simply easier to shop at night from the comfort of your couch, and either pick up on your way home or have it shipped to you.

Businesses have had to be able to keep up with all these changes, and they are right: COVID kicked it all into a major overdrive because far more people joined the online shopping crowd.

For businesses, this is a serious trend and their also right, once people are comfortable shopping in one way, they're more likely to keep shopping that way even when they don't have to anymore.

Call it good or bad, but it is reality.

• Winner
Reactions: anna ~ grace
Upvote 0

timothyu

Dec 31, 2018
up there
✟306,971.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Private
If business models can't accurately predict shopping patterns and keep that one step ahead, they do find themselves losing out.
Or are forced out due to lockdowns leading the masses to online shopping. That is how the new Corporatism system that capitalism and communism alike belong to, now works.

Upvote 0

timothyu

Dec 31, 2018
up there
✟306,971.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Private
Unfortunately small net savvy businesses will still disappear under the foot of the large corporations, just as has been happening for a hundred years. The ultimate goal of Corporatism is total control. It will be interesting when the bigger players start eating each other up rather than work as a union now. The system has no choice but to eat it's own tail..

Last edited:
  • Agree
Reactions: Hazelelponi
Upvote 0

TLK Valentine

I've already read the books you want burned.
Apr 15, 2012
Behind the 8-ball, but ahead of the curve.
✟541,512.00
Country
United States
Faith
Agnostic
Marital Status
Single
Or are forced out due to lockdowns leading the masses to online shopping. That is how the new Corporatism system that capitalism and communism alike belong to, now works.

You would think they'd be adept at navigating the system by now... Guess they weren't.

Upvote 0

timothyu

Dec 31, 2018
up there
✟306,971.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Private
You would think they'd be adept at navigating the system by now... Guess they weren't.
I think you missed the point. Corporatism since it's non political beginnings has always eaten it's own (along with anything else convenient) in order to grow more powerful.

Upvote 0

TLK Valentine

Apr 15, 2012
✟541,512.00
Country
United States
Faith
Agnostic
Marital Status
Single
I think you missed the point.

I think I got it.

Corporatism since it's non political beginnings has always eaten it's own (along with anything else convenient) in order to grow more powerful.

That's capitalism you're describing -- an inherently unstable system where everyone fights over limited resources. But no fight lasts forever; there are always winners and losers.

Ever play Monopoly? No corporations there; just a simple object to the game. Remember what the object is?

Upvote 0

Brihaha

May 6, 2021
Virginia
✟151,576.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
I think Gene2memE hit on an excellent point. Last year we were inside riding out the isolation period and the demand went down. Now we are seeing the supply side suffering because demand has increased again. And ships are anchored off shore full of supplies while countries struggle to keep up. Supply/demand paradigm at work. It illustrates America's need to upgrade our infrastructure to adequately meet the needs of citizens.

Upvote 0

TLK Valentine

Apr 15, 2012
✟541,512.00
Country
United States
Faith
Agnostic
Marital Status
Single
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

timothyu

Dec 31, 2018
up there
✟306,971.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Private
That's capitalism you're describing -
Again you are missing the point that capitalism is now old school. Capitalism and communism are working side by side in the new world government of the WEF they call Corporatism. Democratic nations and oppressive alike have joined forces in this new economic movement. Monarchies and the Pope have come on board. They don't have a problem seeing themselves as part of the whole instead of the leaders they once were. Time for people to get caught up on what is happening instead of parroting what they were taught from birth. Nationalism is all but dead.

Reactions: Hazelelponi
Upvote 0

timothyu

Dec 31, 2018
up there
✟306,971.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Private
Could be that people are panicking over the possibility of a second lockdown, and hoarding essentials again...

...or is that too simple?
What is simple is putting out media reports that people are once again hoarding to get the rest to do likewise then blame shortages on that instead of contrived chain of delivery problems. Another great way for the Great Reset folks to experiment with how to control the masses in case of rebellion or insurrection. They know the change that is coming will not be accepted by all in the future as easily as it has been now under threat of plague or environmental doom. This is after all the first time global domination has been attempted since the scattering of peoples at Babel. People will wake up someday.

Upvote 0

CRAZY_CAT_WOMAN

My dad died 1/12/2023. I'm still devastated.
Jul 1, 2007
Native Land
✟331,832.00
Country
United States
Faith
Seeker
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
I have 36 rolls. I'm okay for the short term.
Luckily nobody seems to be panicking like they did .Before the shutdowns. And stores don't put all the toilet paper in the store. They keep some in the back. So people cant over buy toilet paper. I'm sure, the crazy people that bought all those toilet paper . Still have a garage full of toilet paper.

Upvote 0

Desk trauma

Front row at the dumpster fire of the republic
Site Supporter
Dec 1, 2011
✟1,189,500.00
Country
United States
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Others
Could be that people are panicking over the possibility of a second lockdown, and hoarding essentials again...

...or is that too simple?
Insufficiently sinister.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

Freth

Site Supporter
Jul 11, 2020
Midwest, USA
✟380,331.00
Country
United States
Faith
SDA
Marital Status
Single
Luckily nobody seems to be panicking like they did .Before the shutdowns. And stores don't put all the toilet paper in the store. They keep some in the back. So people cant over buy toilet paper. I'm sure, the crazy people that bought all those toilet paper . Still have a garage full of toilet paper.

The last thing we need is for the toilet paper supply to be wiped out. :D

• Haha
Reactions: bèlla
Upvote 0

TLK Valentine

Apr 15, 2012
✟541,512.00
Country
United States
Faith
Agnostic
Marital Status
Single
Again you are missing the point that capitalism is now old school. Capitalism and communism are working side by side in the new world government of the WEF they call Corporatism. Democratic nations and oppressive alike have joined forces in this new economic movement. Monarchies and the Pope have come on board. They don't have a problem seeing themselves as part of the whole instead of the leaders they once were. Time for people to get caught up on what is happening instead of parroting what they were taught from birth. Nationalism is all but dead.

Of course nationalism is dead! Multinationalism is the key to profit... and who cares more about profit than a capitalist?

Capitalism, being inherently unstable, must grow in order to survive -- it has long since outgrown the boundaries of any one nation, and may soon outgrow the world itself... assuming it hasn't already.

We had best hope, for the economy's sake, that we make first Contact with the Vulcans soon... and that we have something they want.

Upvote 0

TLK Valentine

Apr 15, 2012
✟541,512.00
Country
United States
Faith
Agnostic
Marital Status
Single
What is simple is putting out media reports that people are once again hoarding to get the rest to do likewise then blame shortages on that instead of contrived chain of delivery problems. Another great way for the Great Reset folks to experiment with how to control the masses in case of rebellion or insurrection. They know the change that is coming will not be accepted by all in the future as easily as it has been now under threat of plague or environmental doom. This is after all the first time global domination has been attempted since the scattering of peoples at Babel. People will wake up someday.

Ah, yes... the insidious Great Reset... the topic of this week's moral panic.

Upvote 0