In Christ
✟21,419.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
I am considering a journey through some of Elisabeth Elliot's books. I have not yet read any of her books. But know of her, and respect her.
Has any one read any of her books, and if so, which do you feel was most edifying for your faith?

Reactions: saved24
Dec 8, 2011
✟121,316.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married
Hi Sage,

I love Elisabeth Elliot's books. The first one I read was The Savage My Kinsman which tells about how her husband and the other missionaries were killed by the Aucas. It is well, if rather graphically, illustrated with photos. That book impressed me a lot. I would also recommend Keep a Quiet Heart and Let Me Be a Woman. She also wrote a lot of good devotionals.

Have a blessed journey with this wonderful lady!

Gillian

Upvote 0

Paidiske

Clara bonam audax
Site Supporter
Apr 25, 2016
Albury, Australia
Visit site
✟1,506,545.00
Country
Australia
Faith
Anglican
Marital Status
Married
I read On Asking God Why some years ago. It was a collection of shorter works, and some of it was very good, but in the end I got rid of it because some of it was quite unhelpful. I'd recommend looking at her work with a critical and discerning eye.

Upvote 0

Sage50

Dec 30, 2020
In Christ
✟21,419.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Hi Sage,

I love Elisabeth Elliot's books. The first one I read was The Savage My Kinsman which tells about how her husband and the other missionaries were killed by the Aucas. It is well, if rather graphically, illustrated with photos. That book impressed me a lot. I would also recommend Keep a Quiet Heart and Let Me Be a Woman. She also wrote a lot of good devotionals.

Have a blessed journey with this wonderful lady!

Gillian

Hi Gillian,

Thank you for your feedback. That story is amazing. Thank you for sharing that. I think the two titles you have listed are good starting books. I look forward to buying me those two titles you have shared. Thank you so much!
Sage-

Reactions: saved24
Upvote 0

Sage50

Dec 30, 2020
In Christ
✟21,419.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
I read On Asking God Why some years ago. It was a collection of shorter works, and some of it was very good, but in the end I got rid of it because some of it was quite unhelpful. I'd recommend looking at her work with a critical and discerning eye.

Thank you Paidiske,
That is interesting. I appreciate the instruction to always read with a critical and discerning eye on anything we read, listen to or watch. Blind following of anything is the 'blind leading the blind', of such Christ told us they both shall fall into a ditch.
Testing all things and holding all things to the standards of Scripture. The Word and the Spirit, knowing Christ Jesus, our Light.
- Sage

• Friendly
Reactions: Paidiske
Upvote 0

JesseBassett

Follower of the way, the truth, and the life....
Angels Team
CF Senior Ambassador
Site Supporter
Apr 17, 2004
Inver Grove Heights, MN, USA
Visit site
✟423,488.00
Country
United States
Faith
Reformed
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Democrat
I read a book called "Safe In the Everlasting Arms" or something like it. It was very moving and inspiring.

Upvote 0

saved24

Forgiven
Site Supporter
Oct 21, 2011
Canada
✟841,792.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Pentecostal
Marital Status
Single
Politics
CA-Conservatives
I read a book called "Safe In the Everlasting Arms" or something like it. It was very moving and inspiring.
I think you are referring to: Secure in the Everlasting Arms: Trusting the God Who Never Leaves Your Side
It sounds like a good book:
In a life filled with uncertainty, former missionary Elisabeth Elliot clung to the God who never left her side. Through the deaths of two husbands, a life of travel and danger, and raising her daughter as a single parent, God provided Elliot with a security that could not have come from relying on the world.

Upvote 0
Dec 8, 2011
✟121,316.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married
Hi Gillian,

Thank you for your feedback. That story is amazing. Thank you for sharing that. I think the two titles you have listed are good starting books. I look forward to buying me those two titles you have shared. Thank you so much!
Sage-

You're very welcome, Sage. I hope you enjoy reading those two books. I also know of one fiction book she has written, but am not sure if I've read it or not. I think she actually buried three husbands.

Gillian.

Upvote 0