• The General Mental Health Forum is now a Read Only Forum. As we had two large areas making it difficult for many to find, we decided to combine the Mental Health & the Recovery sections of the forum into Mental Health & Recovery as a whole. Physical Health still remains as it's own area within the entire Recovery area.

If you are having struggles, need support in a particular area that you aren't finding a specific recovery area forum, you may find the General Struggles forum a great place to post. Any any that is related to emotions, self-esteem, insomnia, anger, relationship dynamics due to mental health and recovery and other issues that don't fit better in another forum would be examples of topics that might go there.

If you have spiritual issues related to a mental health and recovery issue, please use the Recovery Related Spiritual Advice forum. This forum is designed to be like Christian Advice, only for recovery type of issues. Recovery being like a family in many ways, allows us to support one another together. May you be blessed today and each day.

Kristen.NewCreation and FreeinChrist

Eliminating Heart Disease?

drjean

Senior Veteran
Site Supporter
Nov 16, 2011
✟313,070.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
I heard a cardiologist on a religious network (famous but I'm not sure it was Crandall or not :( )....

Saying we could all but eliminate heart disease by doing 2 things:

stop eating all wheat products

take vitamin D3

He explained much about the problems with the wheat we are being given and how it's not good for us, GMOs etc., how it was made to be a cheap way to fill the stomachs of starving 3rd world children etc., and he listed some terrible things about today's wheat. (I'm allergic so I used to eat very little anyway.)

I, personally would like to add my thoughts. It's been proven that insulin spikes cause nicks in the arteries, allowing places for plaque build up. Eliminating sugar from your diet...or at best managing it to stay a low even keel... will prevent those nicks.

gospeljay

Soldier of the Lord
Aug 7, 2012
Seattle
Visit site
✟15,209.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Constitution
Think about it. With GMOs and the stripping of the wheat of all nutrients and enriching it in a factory...not so natural sounding is it? I read a study about heart disease and insulin and it talks about how simple carbs like corn syrup (which is in everything) and white bread lack the fiber component found in complex carbs like whole wheat. This causes spikes in insulin which in returns throws the body off balance by requiring more simple carbs to fuel up. The long term effect is insulin resistance which causes fat buildup and as a result, heart problems.

Check out the movie Fathead or research into Keto/Paleo diets for some more info.

Upvote 0

drjean

Senior Veteran
Site Supporter
Nov 16, 2011
✟313,070.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
Yes corn syrup IS in practically everything... even a can of peaches I bought in "lite syrup" (which I rinse with filtered water anyway) was not peach syrup or juice ... but corn! :doh:

(And now the corn crop fails... so everything will be more expensive. MAYBE God will make them remove the corn from all the products :) )

GMOs are not for human consumption!

I've been checking the "natural" stevia products... and have found only one commercially available (like in your regular supermarket) called sweet leaf. The other stevia products are chemically processed!!! So using them (like using any artificial sweetener) is still bad for your body.

It's a pity that the average person just doesn't have the time to educate themselves on all this...and have to trust what I find to be an unreliable source: FDA.

Also... slightly off topic (but it's my thread!) ... fast food restaurants make sure they put a lot of additives so you crave them
. With all those additives and artificial flavorings, fast food is designed for one thing, to make you crave for more.
7 Reasons to Stop Eating Fast Food Ppt Presentation

But avoiding fast food really is part of the ill-heart.

Makes you wonder if there's any good food "out there" any more eh?

Upvote 0

RuthD

blah blah blah
Site Supporter
Jul 2, 2006
Earth
✟191,472.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
I have heard that wheat is good when it is in it's natural form. I just bought some that is 100% whole grain wheat. It is scary to think that every food is bad for us just about. Bought some veggies and fruit today. I hope that is healthy.

Upvote 0
D

Dairy

From what I understand there are two well known cardiologist that have found avoiding wheat and other grains, along with taking vitamin D3 and vitamin K2 have resulted in just about the elimination of all cardiac events in their practice.

South Beach diet author, Dr. Agatston has said his patients pretty much have stopped having cardiac events after avoiding grains.

Cardiologist Dr. Davis author of Wheat Belly is another saying the same.

I saw Dr. Davis was on CBS the other day.

"Wheat Belly on CBS This Morning"

Wheat Belly on CBS This Morning | Wheat Belly Blog

&

I thought Dr. Eades had an interesting historical write up about heart disease and diet. Seems the ancient egyptians, who ate a good deal of bread, had heart disease.

"Books That Changed My Life"

The Blog of Michael R. Eades, M.D.How the Paleo diet helped me validate low-carb dieting

Upvote 0

0145xyz

Veteran
Aug 31, 2006
Northern Michigan
✟18,259.00
Faith
Charismatic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Democrat
Reminds me of Atkins. Also....have any of you seen the movie Fathead? It's a documentary and it goes over heart health, insulin spikes, etc. available on Netflix and Hulu. I just bought a book that was mentioned in the movie, "The heart revolution" by McCully, just started reading it so can't review it yet.

Upvote 0

sally.b

Feb 7, 2004
Sydney
✟16,477.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
I, personally would like to add my thoughts. It's been proven that insulin spikes cause nicks in the arteries, allowing places for plaque build up. Eliminating sugar from your diet...or at best managing it to stay a low even keel... will prevent those nicks.

Thanks for that information I had not heard about that.

As far as commercial style wheat goes I think it is so far removed from that of biblical days that it is bad for us. Some of the old fashion wheats might be ok like kamut and spelt etc and better if prepared as a well aged sourdough by doing a very long ferment like 24 to 48 hours.

I listen to a lot of articles on wheat and gluten and the harm they cause and get so confused by it all.

I encourage everyone to watch this movie if you have not seen it about GMO's.

It opened my eyes.!!

Genetic Roulette (2012) [Full Documentary] [Video]

Upvote 0