TravelerFarAwayFromHome

Broken but loved
Jan 16, 2013
✟27,939.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
you know, the part of old testament that has made a really deep impression on me is the 1 Samuel and the story of Eli and his sons.

the reason for that is i often noticed this kind behaviors (embarrased to say this, but in myself as well), and that is as human beings, we often have tendencies to justify, miminize the sinful behaviors on the part of our loved ones, often at someone else expense

for example, i once know this female pastor, whose son is real brat.

the sad thing is she may not condone her son behavior in a sense that she support them, at least not initially.

but if you try to be assertive and stand up to her son bullying tatics ( which she never call them that, she prefer " he just have a hot temper")
, which is a consistent behaviral pattern on his part and hers, interesting enough.

then she start to pull scriptures out and accuse you of being unloving, unforgiving and before you know it, start engaging in bullying behaviors herself to make sure you behave lovingly toward her son ( or is it allowing her son to use you as his doormat?)

the sad thing is, i have never seen God dish out consequences to her or her sons for those type of behaviors?

Handmaid for Jesus

You can't steal my joy
Site Supporter
Dec 19, 2010
enroute
✟1,405,507.00
Faith
Protestant
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Others
you know, the part of old testament that has made a really deep impression on me is the 1 Samuel and the story of Eli and his sons.

the reason for that is i often noticed this kind behaviors (embarrased to say this, but in myself as well), and that is as human beings, we often have tendencies to justify, miminize the sinful behaviors on the part of our loved ones, often at someone else expense

the sad thing is she may not condone her son behavior in a sense that she support them, at least not initially.

but if you try to be assertive and stand up to her son bullying tatics ( which she never call them that, she prefer " he just have a hot temper")
, which is a consistent behaviral pattern on his part and hers, interesting enough.

then she start to pull scriptures out and accuse you of being unloving, unforgiving and before you know it, start engaging in bullying behaviors herself to make sure you behave lovingly toward her son ( or is it allowing her son to use you as his doormat?)

the sad thing is, i have never seen God dish out consequences to her or her sons for those type of behaviors?

You should write her a letter saying what you just said. That is a loving way to handle her. People who will not discipline their children wind up getting hurt at the hands of the child. Remember the woman in Newtown CT whose son killed her and twenty children. But it sounds to me that the son is a chip off the block of his mother. Why are you still at this church may I ask?

Upvote 0

AmyNMoore

Truth Seeker
Jan 9, 2013
✟15,222.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others

paul says in 1 tim 3:12 the same that he says for alll the other church postions. that if you are a teacher of the gosple you must first start at home. if you can not control your own house how can you control the house of God. when you talk to this pastor talk with her with tact and grace.

but i have seen it so offen. i was a pastors daughter and i have to say it is easy for us to rebel, i my just be a way to get attention, i know pastors can get so busy, and sometimes sadly the children can be over looked.

Upvote 0

squint

Jul 23, 2007
Mountain Regions
✟20,405.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married

Most PK's I've known (preachers kids) have been notoriously devilish. Not all but a majority that I've known.

You mentioned Eli's sons, but Samuel's sons were also in the same vein (1 Sam. 8) as were many others in the text.

s

Upvote 0

TravelerFarAwayFromHome

Broken but loved
Jan 16, 2013
✟27,939.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
paul says in 1 tim 3:12 the same that he says for alll the other church postions. that if you are a teacher of the gosple you must first start at home. if you can not control your own house how can you control the house of God. when you talk to this pastor talk with her with tact and grace.

but i have seen it so offen. i was a pastors daughter and i have to say it is easy for us to rebel, i my just be a way to get attention, i know pastors can get so busy, and sometimes sadly the children can be over looked.

sigh....

listen, i am not trying to bash pastors or pastors children.

i know it is not easy job to be a pastor or being children of a pastor, being center of attentions and all that.

but the point i am getting here is sinful behaviors are sinful behavior, no one has the right to subject any one else to a consistent basis. Whether you are Pastors, Pastors children or just average members of congregations.

obviously none of us is perfect, and we all sin against others, but the point here is if we have sin against others, we need acknowledge our wrong doings, repent and make a change

to not do above and jump straight to "oh, i am hot tempered" or " i am just rebellious" is a cope out and is not the kind of behaviors that are in accordance with God words. And to expect people to just subject themselves to abusive behaviors, and further threaten them with bullying in order to silence them is not acceptable.

i never have problem forgiving people if they handle the situation in a biblical manner ie give me apology, take full resp for their behavior and cut it out.

Upvote 0

TravelerFarAwayFromHome

Broken but loved
Jan 16, 2013
✟27,939.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
You should write her a letter saying what you just said. That is a loving way to handle her. People who will not discipline their children wind up getting hurt at the hands of the child. Remember the woman in Newtown CT whose son killed her and twenty children. But it sounds to me that the son is a chip off the block of his mother. Why are you still at this church may I ask?

actually, i am no longer part of that church for this and many other reasons...

unfortunately, i did stay too long, but i learnt my lesson, so i guess that is what few good that come out of it.

also i have learnt from those tough experience of the importance of being fair.

Upvote 0

Yoona86

Jan 18, 2013
KaliKingChong
✟30,979.00
Country
New Zealand
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Private

this:thumbsup:

have faith in God

and move on with your life

Upvote 0

sunlover1

Beloved, Let us love one another
Nov 10, 2006
Under the Shadow of the Almighty
✟94,511.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
I love that story too.

It's easy to do isn't it?
Love covers a multitude of sin.

This doesn't sound good. It sounds like the son and mother both are bullys.
Doesn't sound like a very godly atmosphere at all.
What always works best for me, is to take each problem right straight to
God.
and then LISTEN when He leads you.
I think we're waaaayyyy too afraid to follow that voice, afraid it's not
God we're hearing and so many times we miss out because of fear.
IMO

God disciplines His kids.
Maybe they're not His,
or maybe He does and you don't "see" it, or realize it.
Or maybe it's coming.
God's patient! Arent you glad of that?
I know I sure am!

But dont be deceived,
We DO reap what we sow.
sometime, in some way we reap.

IMO

Upvote 0