Visit site
✟15,217.00
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
In Relationship
Politics
UK-Greens
EVs are going to appeal as second cars or for people who travel short distances on regular routes. Meanwhile advances in gasoline engines will make sure they remain for a while, and advances in hydrogen reclamation tech are coming along

I am old enough to recall Ford telling us in 1973 that hydrogen cars were just around the corner. Falling for that line ensures that gasoline engines remain in use , to the delight of the oil companies. More than 35 years later, believers in hydrogen still tell us that hydrogen transport is just around the corner. It has become a standing joke!

Upvote 0

Trogdor the Burninator

Senior Veteran
Oct 19, 2004
✟232,189.00
Faith
Christian
I am old enough to recall Ford telling us in 1973 that hydrogen cars were just around the corner. Falling for that line ensures that gasoline engines remain in use , to the delight of the oil companies. More than 35 years later, believers in hydrogen still tell us that hydrogen transport is just around the corner. It has become a standing joke!

Personally I just want my flying car :)

But seriously, until the problems with EVs mentioned are resolved, gasoline engines will remain the norm - like it or not. We might run them on LPG or Ethanol, they might get smaller, they will get more efficient.

Upvote 0