election & pre-destination

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi, MizD!

How 'bout I send you some good old VA frost? We got lots of it around here this morning.

If the "good news" (the gospel) is that Jesus died for sinners, the BEST news is that we are in no position to judge who those folks are. I mean, Jesus is "...the good shepherd..." Who laid "...down his life for the sheep." He told some folks (John 8), that they were of their "...father the devil....," and that "He who is of God hears the words of God; for this reason you do not hear them, because you are not of God."

Being "of God" precedes "hearing" and "believing," but it is folks like you, remaining steady in the sharing of the gospel, which serves to separate the wheat from the tares. Ours isn't to try to determine who is, and is not, may be, or may not be, "of God." Ours is simply to tell others of the redemption of man to God through Jesus. God will reveal, to that person, if he or she is one of His sheep.

Now, send me some of that 70 degree weather!
:D

Upvote 0

MizDoulos

<font color=6c2dc7><b>Justified by grace through f
Jan 1, 2002
The "Left Coast" of the USA
Visit site
✟22,176.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Yes, you're so right, Randy, about judging others. If we are to judge, the Bible instructs us to do so not according to appearance but by righteous judgment. (Jo. 7:24) We are to exercise moral and theological discernment instead of self-righteous legalism. (The Mac Arthur Study Bible, p. 1595) Since only God can see the heart, only He knows exactly who is saved. (1 Sam. 16:7b)

Be glad to share our warmer temperature with you! I will pass on the frost, though. :)

It's nice to share and fellowship with you and the other believers here. There are those that are seeking, and we need to be aware of their needs, too.

God is sooo good to all of us!

Upvote 0
Status
Not open for further replies.