Country
United States
Faith
Deist
Marital Status
In Relationship
Politics
US-Democrat
Seceding from the union was not treason, no matter what northerners try to tell you.
Oh good.
Now I have no reason to take anything you say seriously ever again.
Bub-bye.

• Winner
Reactions: KCfromNC
Upvote 0

cow451

Standing with Ukraine.
Site Supporter
May 29, 2012
Hot and Humid
✟1,120,276.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
Seceding from the union was not treason, no matter what northerners try to tell you. They had every right to do do, and states still do. And what makes you think they did so violently? You'd better have a better reason than fort Sumpter. The Confederate flag is used by many white supremacy groups. Guess what? They also use the American flag. In fact, they have done parades where the only flag they have flown is the American flag. Why haven't you condemned that flag as well? Statues are not to disrespect the federal government, they are to honor those brave men who fought and died for what they believed in. Have you heard about the black member of a legislative body, I don't remember if it was state or national, who was very sick but left his house to give his full support for erecting a monument honoring the Confederate dead. He himself had fought for them.
I am a patriot, and I would proudly wave the Confederate flag. The flag is not racist, nor does it symbolize that. It only symbolizes that to those who want it to, like yourself.
Your argument is silly. I put it at the same level as Yankees acting like slavery only existed in the South. I’ve lived in the South all my life and have heard the crap arguments like, “heritage not hate” to defend flying the stars and bars. Not buying it.

Upvote 0

Under One King

Jul 14, 2020
The Shadowlands
✟28,658.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Your argument is silly. I put it at the same level as Yankees acting like slavery only existed in the South. I’ve lived in the South all my life and have heard the crap arguments like, “heritage not hate” to defend flying the stars and bars. Not buying it.
Please expound

Upvote 0

Under One King

Jul 14, 2020
The Shadowlands
✟28,658.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Beats me. It’s just a piece of cloth, right?
Correct. That's why when I was younger I felt a bit uncomfortable pledging allegiance to it, until I understood that you are not pledging allegiance to a piece of cloth, but to what it represents. A cloth in and of itself cannot not be racist or anything, but it can represent something. I haven't really payed any attention to those who kneel for the national anthem or the flag or whatever, because I really don't follow sports. But it seems to me they are trying to downplay America by them doing that. Do you have a different opinion?

Upvote 0

Under One King

Jul 14, 2020
The Shadowlands
✟28,658.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Which part are you having trouble with?
I'd like you to explain your position a little better. Why do you think the argument is silly? Why is the heritage not hate argument crap in your opinion? Expound a little. Give more details.

Upvote 0

cow451

Standing with Ukraine.
Site Supporter
May 29, 2012
Hot and Humid
✟1,120,276.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
Correct. That's why when I was younger I felt a bit uncomfortable pledging allegiance to it, until I understood that you are not pledging allegiance to a piece of cloth, but to what it represents. A cloth in and of itself cannot not be racist or anything, but it can represent something. I haven't really payed any attention to those who kneel for the national anthem or the flag or whatever, because I really don't follow sports. But it seems to me they are trying to downplay America by them doing that. Do you have a different opinion?
Seems you say a flag is just a piece of cloth except when it’s a special piece of cloth.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

cow451

Standing with Ukraine.
Site Supporter
May 29, 2012
Hot and Humid
✟1,120,276.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
I'd like you to explain your position a little better. Why do you think the argument is silly? Why is the heritage not hate argument crap in your opinion? Expound a little. Give more details.
The Confederate flag is displayed as an “up yours!” to the legitimate government and the causes for which the Union fought successfully. It has stood first for slavery, then segregation.

Upvote 0

Under One King

Jul 14, 2020
The Shadowlands
✟28,658.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
The Confederate flag is displayed as an “up yours!” to the legitimate government and the causes for which the Union fought successfully. It has stood first for slavery, then segregation.
What causes do you think the Union fought for?

Upvote 0

cow451

Standing with Ukraine.
Site Supporter
May 29, 2012
Hot and Humid
✟1,120,276.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
No. And why don't you tell more of your position instead of making false claims about mine.
Mine is simple. The Confederate flag represents racism and has no place being in places of official government business or property. What’s so hard to understand about that?

Upvote 0

Under One King

Jul 14, 2020
The Shadowlands
✟28,658.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Mine is simple. The Confederate flag represents racism and has no place being in places of official government business or property. What’s so hard to understand about that?
Why do you think it represents racism? Simply because racists have used it?

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

Under One King

Jul 14, 2020
The Shadowlands
✟28,658.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Uhhh... yes. Read some history books.
Then I guess you don't know racists have also used the American flag. If that is your only argument for the Confederate flag being racist, then I don't know why you aren't all up in arms about the American flag as well.

Upvote 0