Elder Joseph of Vatopedi Memory Eternal!

Status
Not open for further replies.

ArmyMatt

Site Supporter
Jan 26, 2007
Earth
✟1,469,422.00
Country
United States
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Married
Memory eternal!

The pictures of the funeral are amazing. He is truly with God now and he is reunited with his holy Elder Joseph the Hesychast.

yeah he is, and let's also not forget Elder Arsenios the Cave-dweller, Elder Charalambos of Dionysiou, Elder Theophylactus, Elder Ephraim of Katounakia, and the other great Elders that little group produced who have since reposed.

memory eternal!

Upvote 0

Andrew21091

Jun 21, 2007
Grand Rapids, MI
✟17,221.00
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Single
yeah he is, and let's also not forget Elder Arsenios the Cave-dweller, Elder Charalambos of Dionysiou, Elder Theophylactus, Elder Ephraim of Katounakia, and the other great Elders that little group produced who have since reposed.

memory eternal!

I agree, one cannot forget about the other Holy Elders that were with him.

Upvote 0

ikonographics

In patience I waited patiently on the Lord
Apr 27, 2008
Greece
Visit site
✟27,987.00
Country
Greece
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Single
I just found out from a monk I know that at the time of the Elder's falling asleep, he wasn't smiling but had his mouth open. They covered his face and when they returned about an hour later and removed the covering, they discovered the Elder smiling!

Upvote 0

ArmyMatt

Site Supporter
Jan 26, 2007
Earth
✟1,469,422.00
Country
United States
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Married
They covered his face and when they returned about an hour later and removed the covering, they discovered the Elder smiling!

yeah, that happened to Lynette Hoppe too. when she reposed her face was in obvious pain, but after about a half hour her face shifted to a smile

Upvote 0

Andrew21091

Jun 21, 2007
Grand Rapids, MI
✟17,221.00
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Single
I just found out from a monk I know that at the time of the Elder's falling asleep, he wasn't smiling but had his mouth open. They covered his face and when they returned about an hour later and removed the covering, they discovered the Elder smiling!

Glory to God!

Upvote 0
Status
Not open for further replies.