Jan 8, 2017
indiana
✟298,336.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
The book of revelation quotes from Ezekiel 39
Revelation 19:17-18 Then I saw an angel standing in the sun, and with a loud voice he called to all the birds that fly directly overhead, “Come, gather for the great supper of God, to eat the flesh of kings, the flesh of captains, the flesh of mighty men, the flesh of horses and their riders, and the flesh of all men, both free and slave,d both small and great.

But notice, that the vision given to John skips a very significant statement from Ezekiel 39, specifically about God's sacrifice that he prepares on the mountains of Israel, of which, blood is to be drunk and flesh is to be eaten.
Ezekiel 39:17-20 As for you, son of man, thus says the Lord GOD: Speak to the birds of every sort and to all beasts of the field: ‘Assemble and come, gather from all around to my sacrifice that I am preparing for you, a great sacrifice on the mountains of Israel, and you shall eat flesh and drink blood. You shall eat the flesh of the mighty, and drink the blood of the princes of the earth—of rams, of lambs, and of he-goats, of bulls, all of them fat beasts of Bashan. And you shall eat fat till you are filled, and drink blood till you are drunk, at the sacrifice that I am preparing for you. And you shall be filled at my table with horses and charioteers, with mighty men and all kinds of warriors,’ declares the Lord GOD.

Was not Jesus, God's "great" sacrifice that he prepared for us on the mountains of Israel, of which, we are to drink his blood and eat his flesh?
John 6:53-56 So Jesus said to them, “Truly, truly, I say to you, unless you eat the flesh of the Son of Man and drink his blood, you have no life in you. Whoever feeds on my flesh and drinks my blood has eternal life, and I will raise him up on the last day. For my flesh is true food, and my blood is true drink. Whoever feeds on my flesh and drinks my blood abides in me, and I in him.

• Informative
Reactions: Dave L

SkyWriting

The Librarian
Site Supporter
Jan 10, 2010
Milwaukee
✟410,948.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
The book of revelation quotes from Ezekiel 39
Revelation 19:17-18 Then I saw an angel standing in the sun, and with a loud voice he called to all the birds that fly directly overhead, “Come, gather for the great supper of God, to eat the flesh of kings, the flesh of captains, the flesh of mighty men, the flesh of horses and their riders, and the flesh of all men, both free and slave,d both small and great.

But notice, that the vision given to John skips a very significant statement from Ezekiel 39, specifically about God's sacrifice that he prepares on the mountains of Israel, of which, blood is to be drunk and flesh is to be eaten.
Ezekiel 39:17-20 As for you, son of man, thus says the Lord GOD: Speak to the birds of every sort and to all beasts of the field: ‘Assemble and come, gather from all around to my sacrifice that I am preparing for you, a great sacrifice on the mountains of Israel, and you shall eat flesh and drink blood. You shall eat the flesh of the mighty, and drink the blood of the princes of the earth—of rams, of lambs, and of he-goats, of bulls, all of them fat beasts of Bashan. And you shall eat fat till you are filled, and drink blood till you are drunk, at the sacrifice that I am preparing for you. And you shall be filled at my table with horses and charioteers, with mighty men and all kinds of warriors,’ declares the Lord GOD.

Was not Jesus, God's "great" sacrifice that he prepared for us on the mountains of Israel, of which, we are to drink his blood and eat his flesh?
John 6:53-56 So Jesus said to them, “Truly, truly, I say to you, unless you eat the flesh of the Son of Man and drink his blood, you have no life in you. Whoever feeds on my flesh and drinks my blood has eternal life, and I will raise him up on the last day. For my flesh is true food, and my blood is true drink. Whoever feeds on my flesh and drinks my blood abides in me, and I in him.

Jesus served wine and said it was His blood. So the blood of Jesus, is literally red wine. And Jesus didn't have muscles, He literally had bread for muscles threaded with red wine, literally speaking.

• Haha
Reactions: claninja
Upvote 0

BABerean2

Site Supporter
May 21, 2014
North Carolina
✟893,665.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married

Heb 10:16 This is the covenant that I will make with them after those days, saith the Lord, I will put my laws into their hearts, and in their minds will I write them;
Heb 10:17 And their sins and iniquities will I remember no more.
(Quoted from the promise of the New Covenant in Jeremiah 31:31-34.)
Heb 10:18 Now where remission of these is, there is no more offering for sin.

• Agree
Reactions: claninja
Upvote 0