South Carolina
✟94,571.00
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Republican

This is a very fattening cake that should be served only during Easter or Christmas. I baked this cake from scratch on Easter, 2011. I hope you will enjoy this recipe as much as I did.

2 cups white sugar
3 cups self rising flour
4 eggs
1/4 tsp butter extract
1 Tbsp vanilla extract
1 package instant coconut creme pudding
1 5-oz. can of evaporated milk
1/3 cup half and half cream
2 sticks butter or margarine
Directions: Set temperature to 350 degrees. In a large bowl, mix softened butter, sugar, eggs, and extracts. Make sure to slowly add eggs, one at a time until thoroughly mixed. The mixture should be “fluffy” and “creamy” in texture. Then mix in the flour, pudding, milk, and half and half cream until the batter is well mixed. Then in two 8” or 9” greased and floured pans, pour in the batter. Bake for 30-40 minutes. Insert a knife or toothpick; if the knife or toothpick come out of the cake clean, then it is ready. Let the cake cool for about half an hour at room temperature. After the cake is cool, then frost each cake layer and cover them with the sweetened (unsweetened) coconut.
To frost the cake, use use two cans of vanilla frosting, one can of cream cheese frosting, and white chocolate chips.
Melt the chocolate chips for several seconds, then mix in a small to medium bowl with the cream cheese frosting. All of this will be used to spread the top of the bottom layer. Then with the two cans of vanilla frosting, spread the rest of the cake. Finally, cover the cake with the sweetened (or unsweetened) coconut, making sure all of the cake is covered. Then serve.

Here is a pic of the cake below:

http://25.media.tumblr.com/tumblr_lktzu4NJCl1qjc3y2o3_1280.jpg

Last edited: