Tulsa, OK
✟8,498.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Democrat
Did anyone catch that last night on the sci-fi channel? I watched the 3rd showing. They have been teasing use for more than a year with this. It was kind of hard to follow and I did fall asleep on alittle of it:sleep: (I work late). I think I will have to watch it again to see if I like it. I was alittle disappointed. Maybe it will get better. I like the movie on the sci-fi channel.:thumbsup:

stonetoflesh

reformed librarie-keeper
Apr 20, 2004
Round Rock, TX
✟11,660.00
Country
United States
Faith
Reformed
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
I didn't see it, and I don't have any plans to. I love LeGuin's Earthsea books, and once I heard that there were significant story changes in the script I lost all interest in the miniseries. Why does Hollywood foolishly continue to try and make good books "better"? :sick:

Upvote 0

stonetoflesh

reformed librarie-keeper
Apr 20, 2004
Round Rock, TX
✟11,660.00
Country
United States
Faith
Reformed
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
I wasn't all that keen on Scifi's Dune miniseries (although I will say that it was way better than the David Lynch theatrical release); perhaps my feelings towards Earthsea are colored by my experiences with Dune...

Upvote 0

MoonlessNight

Fides et Ratio
Sep 16, 2003
✟63,049.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Others
spacedout said:
I didn't see it, and I don't have any plans to. I love LeGuin's Earthsea books, and once I heard that there were significant story changes in the script I lost all interest in the miniseries. Why does Hollywood foolishly continue to try and make good books "better"? :sick:
Did you know that Ursula K LeGuin wasn't even involved with the project? Her site is down at the moment so I can't show you her response, but she was quite outraged by the miniseries, comparing it to a Lord of the Rings were Frodo uses the one ring to rule over middle earth and the makers pretend like they were being faithful to the book.

Upvote 0

stonetoflesh

reformed librarie-keeper
Apr 20, 2004
Round Rock, TX
✟11,660.00
Country
United States
Faith
Reformed
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
MoonlessNight said:
Did you know that Ursula K LeGuin wasn't even involved with the project? Her site is down at the moment so I can't show you her response, but she was quite outraged by the miniseries, comparing it to a Lord of the Rings were Frodo uses the one ring to rule over middle earth and the makers pretend like they were being faithful to the book.
:eek: :mad:

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums