heron

Legend
Mar 24, 2005
✟33,756.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
In Relationship
i was just on the phone with my grandfather who lives in eureka california and he was sitting on his bed all the sudden he said oh no we are having an earthquake and i looked on google to see if it was posted yet and saw this forum... A few minutes ago I felt it, it felt little but I'm far away from were it started. It was a 6.5 on the Coast.
crossrc.gif
You might wanna pray that nobody got hurt.
Oh my! Is everything okay so far?
-Lord, alert them over what they need to do. Protect their property and well-being.

Hey, welcome to the forum!

Upvote 0

Tsadde

Aug 9, 2007
Mt. Lac le Fort St. Prince McJohn River
✟8,239.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
About the same time as your dream I also dreamed about an earthquake in Northern California -although it had no date attached. I'm not posting to prove anything about anything -and because scoffers will say it's always easy to prophesy retroactively (lol.) -and it's a fairly sure thing that an earthquake will happen in California sometime. I'm only posting to say that I also heard (in part) that the purpose of the earthquake was to get people to "move."

We always need to pray about dreams like this. Sometimes the Lord just tells us about these things about to happen just because He's our friend and friends share things. It's a confirmation that He is there and He is not silent.

Documenting what you saw in the dream was an act of faith that you heard accurately. Good for you. It's pretty exciting isn't it? Joseph's brothers had trouble understanding his enthusiam too. It is natural for siblings to worry that Daddy likes another kid better if he gets something they didn't that day. Don't worry. Abba has plenty for everyone.

Keep seeking the Lord in intimacy. He absolutely adores you.

Upvote 0

ChildOfGod97

Dec 28, 2009
Visit site
✟16,465.00
Faith
Protestant
Marital Status
Married
GabrielListens,

Thanks for sharing. It is disturbing we are seeing so many diverse earthquakes these past few weeks. It is good to be reminded God is in control, regardless of how bad things get.

From what I see about this to comment on:

1. faith breeds faith, this builds your faith, it builds others faith

This really happened. It is a big deal. Earthquakes are not uncommon in these regions, but these were substantial, newsworthy ones and others have followed.

You posted this online here and were able to come back and bring it up.

That builds your faith to have more dreams & visions, and builds the faith of others to do the same.

That is important, because as one poster said, at least, a lot of times future events which are prophesied can be prevented by their telling.

The best example of this in Scripture is Jonah, hands down.

God told Jeremiah, if He has decreed disaster against a nation and that nation repents, He will relent. Likewise, if He has decreed blessings and they start to become sorely corrupted. And this rule surely holds true for individuals, as well.

(I am not, however, saying that accidents happen because the people there were necessarily worse then others, not by any means. I am simply saying that such things can be for forewarning so something can be done about it.)

I am saying these things because maybe there are far worse possibilities on the road ahead. Maybe you and maybe others can forewarn us of that. Maybe if someone sees that you are godly, then they will believe you and be able to do something. And maybe that faith is a type of door that is required to be opened so a prevention can take place.

Jesus could do nothing where there was no faith. What if those towns had faith. What could not have been done there? What if Israel of two thousand years ago believed John the Baptist and Jesus? They would never have gone through the intense trauma inflicted on them and their children and generations afterwards. Which, believe me, is the last thing one wishes for one's children.

I apologize for my blunt manner on this, but this is the real world where very bad things do really happen.

Bad things which often can be prevented, if not always.

As for the problem with the "taking credit line", sure glad you did!

This is a genuine miracle. The wording may have been confusing, but it was important for you to have done this, obviously.

IMO, if this has never happened to you before, or only been minor before... you have a lot to think about. It can be tempting not to. But I find when we do think about such things, we make the right conclusions about our choices in life... even if they do not necessarily seem "reasonable" if one leaves God out of that equation.

Regards.

Upvote 0

kenblaster5000

Feb 5, 2007
Las Vegas NV
✟10,240.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
The other day I just imagined the whole world was shaking. All the buildings in my town had fallen to the ground. Just an imagination, but I was thinking about when the true word of God is preached, how it would shake the world, or when we worship in Spirit and in truth, how it will affect the whole world. I would like to see the body of Christ walk in power, but also in holiness. Worship Him in the beauty of holiness. I think we might have a pretty big earthquake in September-November. Some where in there. I will keep it in prayer. Could just be my wild imagination. Awesome dream though. God is great, glory to JESUS CHRIST!

Upvote 0

heron

Legend
Mar 24, 2005
✟33,756.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
In Relationship
What about the massive quake in Haiti.

Makes you think. Pray for the people!!
groupray.gif
:sick:

What a dense area of people, with buildings completely demolished.

Lord, bring solutions to mind, both in the people who are stranded, and also in those of us outside the area. Find ways of evacuation, transport, places to reside, homes to comfort and reassure, workers to repair this overwhelming damage.

Start lives fresh and new. Help people's minds recover from the shock. Instill a healthy amount of trust that life can be safe again, and work will reestablish them.

Keep the outside world from feeling like giving up on such a large restoration. Breathe your Holy Spirit through the lives of each person who walks on Haiti soil.

You posted this online here and were able to come back and bring it up.

That builds your faith to have more dreams & visions, and builds the faith of others to do the same.

That is important
And how many of us don't need faith boosting! The physical events aren't the only thing God sees, and is working in... not our only goals. God is building some fascinating things between us here, that we can take elsewhere.

And maybe that faith is a type of door that is required to be opened so a prevention can take place.
Imagine if the Haiti quake had been prevented.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

kenblaster5000

Feb 5, 2007
Las Vegas NV
✟10,240.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
The question I would raise is:

Is this a spirit of prediction or divination. Because this spirit would not be of God. I would pray that if the gift is not from the Lord Jesus Christ, that it the spirit be cast away from you and from us.

Either that, or it is a dream or vision from God, the Father, to warn the world. If this, then it should not be called premonition or prediction but a prophetic dream. Obviously, it came to pass, but give the glory to Jesus Christ, because we should not get any glory for it. For us to gain glory from something like this is pride.

I don't mean to rain on a parade here, but someone has to take another stance here, and be a voice of reason. Be blessed. God is awesome.

Upvote 0

heron

Legend
Mar 24, 2005
✟33,756.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
In Relationship
Haiti's geology points to big quakes - USATODAY.com

This article speaks about how geologists knew Haiti was in for some trouble eventually. If God measures the hairs on our heads, then He can also measure fault movement.

The dates reflect a similarity in calculations... variables are possible, and preparations could have been made during or planning for those dates.

The location in the dream was not known, but disaster-prone areas know that roofs were heavy, population was dense, and people were too poor to disaster-proof on their own.

Upvote 0

heron

Legend
Mar 24, 2005
✟33,756.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
In Relationship
I don't mean to rain on a parade here, but someone has to take another stance here, and be a voice of reason.
I don't think anyone here was taking the coincidence to their own credit. There are serious things going on here, and people are praying for relief.

Upvote 0

ChildOfGod97

Dec 28, 2009
Visit site
✟16,465.00
Faith
Protestant
Marital Status
Married
The question I would raise is:

Is this a spirit of prediction or divination. Because this spirit would not be of God. I would pray that if the gift is not from the Lord Jesus Christ, that it the spirit be cast away from you and from us.

Either that, or it is a dream or vision from God, the Father, to warn the world. If this, then it should not be called premonition or prediction but a prophetic dream. Obviously, it came to pass, but give the glory to Jesus Christ, because we should not get any glory for it. For us to gain glory from something like this is pride.

I don't mean to rain on a parade here, but someone has to take another stance here, and be a voice of reason. Be blessed. God is awesome.

From the Law, we have pretty simple dictates: 'if someone asks you to follow false idols and they predict something which comes true, God is testing you', to paraphrase, accurately.

From what I saw, his attitude seemed humble, in the following posts. I have noticed his posts before and he seems a good Christian promoting Christ.

I wouldn't say it is about him, but rather, I do hope he thinks on this. It is a big thing to happen and we as people can tend to dismiss such things in our lives, as they are improbable and can be therefore difficult to correlate with our otherwise mundane lives.

This is something open to any and all Christians. Some have some gifts, some have others, some do some things, some do others. One is not over another nor less necessary.

I don't even want to say, 'if he does start saying whacky stuff, look out'. Because anyone could do anything. Let us pray not. I do find people tend not to get conceited in such circumstances, but quite the opposite, they tend to get humbled.

They get awe. A "who am I that I experienced such a thing".

I also believe that anyone who believes anyone with such a gift in the action of such a gift share in their reward.

On the issue, in general, to anyone:

One thing I do want to note on this earthquake is reminding people what Jesus said about such events, that is, 'do not think they were more evil then others'.

There are serious societal corruption problems all over the world right now and such a thing can happen anywhere.

Upvote 0

kenblaster5000

Feb 5, 2007
Las Vegas NV
✟10,240.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
Acts 16:26

Suddenly there was a great earthquake, so that the foundations of the prison were shaken; and immediately all the doors were opened and everyone's chains were loosed.

Did you hear in Haiti, a prison was struck and inmates went free? This was one verse we went over in church tonight. Praise God, He is speaking to us if we will hear that still small voice. He knows what is going on right now. JESUS rules!

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

kenblaster5000

Feb 5, 2007
Las Vegas NV
✟10,240.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
I had a dream one time. Three big waves came in and a voice said, "You know you can pray against that," and I said, "but I like to watch them come in." I think some of us in the world like to see natural disasters strike, sadly enough as entertainment, but this dream suggests that we need to get off our butts and pray when we see stuff coming like this. My butt included. I did not know anything about these earthquakes, but I could feel that they were coming this year. Earthquakes in diverse places. Just being honest. Be blessed.

Upvote 0