Maximus

Orthodox Christian
Jun 24, 2003
✟7,903.00
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Married
Maybe you guys already know about this, but I just ordered mine today.

The early Church Fathers - Ante-Nicene, Nicene, and Post-Nicene - are available on CD-ROM (along with some other stuff like early liturgies) here.

This CD also has advanced search features.

I'm really looking forward to the arrival of mine!

I have a Byzantine Catholic buddy who has the complete set of the Fathers in print, but it cost him a small fortune. This CD-ROM is very reasonable at $59.95 ($68.45 when you add the shipping in the USA, more overseas).

:cool:

Note: Hey! I hope I am not violating a rule in posting this info. I am not trying to sell these CDs! I don't get any money from their sale. I just thought you all might want this info. I know I would.

Reactions: MariaRegina

MariaRegina

Jun 26, 2003
Visit site
✟115,460.00
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Married
Maximus said:
The early Church Fathers - Ante-Nicene, Nicene, and Post-Nicene - are available on CD-ROM (along with some other stuff like early liturgies) here.

I have a Byzantine Catholic buddy who has the complete set of the Fathers in print, but it cost him a small fortune. This CD-ROM is very reasonable at $59.95 ($68.45 when you add the shipping in the USA, more overseas).

:cool:

Dearest Maximus:

Christ is in our midst!

Looks good. I don't think they are offended with URL's of sites to purchase books. I've seen moderators recommending Amazon.com books.

Anyway is the translation politically correct and fuzzy? Or is it in good English? In other words, does it have a string of him/hers or he/shes?
That kind of awkward post-modern gibberish?

That reminds me of the joke hanging up in a parish bathroom:
A priest is washing his hands, looking up at the towel rack with two towels hanging on it marked: HERS AND HYMNS.

Your Sister in Christ,

Elizabeth
;)

Upvote 0

Oblio

Creed or Chaos
Jun 24, 2003
Georgia - USA
Visit site
✟27,610.00
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
Note: Hey! I hope I am not violating a rule in posting this info.

I think as long as you 'taint 'filliated with the vendor you are OK.

Lemme test the new rule shortcut format (for reference only :) )

[nospam]

Upvote 0

MariaRegina

Jun 26, 2003
Visit site
✟115,460.00
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Married
jeffthefinn said:
That is a far more reasonable price than the set of hardbound books cost, which was close to $400 for the entire set.
Jeff the Finn

Christ is in our midst! He is and always shall be!

Yes, Jeff, It's a steal, but have you any clue as to the quality of the translation. (I have no more room for books anyway.)

Yours in Christ,
Elizabeth

Upvote 0

MariaRegina

Jun 26, 2003
Visit site
✟115,460.00
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Married
jeffthefinn said:
The collection is online Early Church Fathers It is a Victorian Translation and as a result they did not translate St John Cassian the Roman's chapter dealing with the passion lust.
Jeff the Finn

Enough said. Don't want to enflame those passions. LOL

Upvote 0
Status
Not open for further replies.