Country
Djibouti
Faith
Christian Seeker
Marital Status
Married
Politics
CA-Others
Hey I wished I loved every member of my family equally but I don't. They probably see me as "the problem" too.
So I pray for all families, especially dysfunctional ones. Where love doesn't abide much . Where love needs to abide more. Help each member see past their petty differences and be able to love like God does. That's a tall order I know but if just some of His love could rub off, that would be great.

Muslim-UK

Oct 11, 2015
✟14,751.00
Faith
Muslim
Marital Status
Married
Hey I wished I loved every member of my family equally but I don't. They probably see me as "the problem" too.
So I pray for all families, especially dysfunctional ones. Where love doesn't abide much . Where love needs to abide more. Help each member see past their petty differences and be able to love like God does. That's a tall order I know but if just some of His love could rub off, that would be great.
Lead by example, overlook their shortcomings, keep family ties and smile when you see them like you genuinely have missed their company. They will God willing want to be positive and upbeat like you, and yes keep them in your prayers.

• Agree
Reactions: Godlovesmetwo
Upvote 0

Godlovesmetwo

Fringe Catholic
Mar 16, 2016
Antwerp
✟17,860.00
Country
Djibouti
Faith
Christian Seeker
Marital Status
Married
Politics
CA-Others
Yes you should, unless they are causing you harm, backbiting etc.
well, unfortunately I know this is true of their nature. Gossip I mean. Still I know I shouldn't care about these things.

Upvote 0

Muslim-UK

Oct 11, 2015
✟14,751.00
Faith
Muslim
Marital Status
Married
well, unfortunately I know this is true of their nature. Gossip I mean. Still I know I shouldn't care about these things.
If they're talking ill of you and it's causing you anxiety, stress, then tell them in a friendly manner. Sometimes people are so entrenched in their dysfunctional habits, that they see nothing wrong with carrying on in the same manner with friends, family and even complete strangers. Sometimes it just takes someone to point out, their words and actions are causing harm before they realise what they are becoming and stop to reflect, and hopefully change for the better.

It's not good to suffer in silence unless you rarely see the offending persons, (Mother in laws being a case in point) and can put up with it for a short time. Grin and bear it as they say, which is what you appear to be doing.

Reactions: Godlovesmetwo
Upvote 0

look4hope

Love.Fellowship.Joy
Angels Team
CF Ambassadors
Site Supporter
Dec 6, 2012
Somewhere in Jersey
✟383,552.00
Faith
Lutheran
Marital Status
Private
Prayers. Smiling to people that don't deserve a smile, is hard to do.
Point being, no need to be cheery If it doesn't come naturally. However, being respectful is....essential in these sort of situations. I unfortunately can speak from experience.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums