Du sollst nicht Lügen - Thou Shalt Not Lie

eastcoast_bsc

Veteran
Mar 29, 2005
Boston
✟394,442.00
Faith
Christian
I was just reading a major piece written in Der Spiegel a major German magazine publication. It was scathing toward pope francis.

The German weekly also suggests that there is a good deal more resistance to the Francis pontificate within Vatican walls than is commonly believed.

One Vatican cardinal, who spoke with Der Spiegel under the condition of anonymity, said of the pontiff: “He preaches mercy, but in reality he is an ice-cold, cunning Machiavellian, and, what is worse – he lies.”

And now there is talk of the most serious crisis of the current pontificate, it states, and of a “civil war” among the faithful, which cannot be broken down along traditional party lines of conservatives versus progressives.

Rather, “whoever listens to the Catholic base, hears massive grumbling in the belly of the huge, worldwide community of faith,” Der Spiegel adds.

Francis is his own worst enemy, the magazine proposes. “He has been railing against global capitalism for years, but, like his predecessors, he took in millions from Cardinal McCarrick,” it notes. “The pope praises the value of the traditional family, but surrounds himself with counselors and workers who display the opposite — in more or less open concubinage with representatives of one sex or the other.”

And yet, “the man who is supposed to carry the torch of Christianity sees himself as a victim,” the article observes.

Vatican Cardinal: Pope Francis Is ‘Ice-Cold, Cunning Machiavellian’ | Breitbart

• Informative
Reactions: Michie

TuxAme

Quis ut Deus?
Site Supporter
Dec 16, 2017
Ohio
✟191,697.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Celibate
Difficult language but I like German.
I've spent the past two years studying Spanish (my first year went fine, second year not so much), so it's a challenge to try and learn a new language. I have some of the skills I need, but I have to stop myself from speaking Spanish in class.

German's a lot more enjoyable to learn by far.

Reactions: eastcoast_bsc
Upvote 0