Drop your theological errors off here...

amariselle

Jesus Never Fails
Sep 28, 2004
The Great Northern Wilderness
✟60,500.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
CA-Conservatives
My question is why people are taught that all their past, present and future WILLFUL sins are under the blood. How many teach the power of the Spirit? They just teach a misleading teaching that we are under a different grace than we are actually under. One where God winks at sin. Wrong! Grace is the power of God not to sin - we are dead to sin. (I felt when that happened to me in 1977)

Maybe because absolutely never sinning ever again is not what is meant in Scripture by "willful sin."

All things must be understood in context.

The idea/claim that Christians are perfect in every way, and never make mistakes or mess up, has, unfortunately done some of the most serious damage to the Gospel.

The reason being, that everyone knows it's hypocritical to say that we never sin. Therefore, once a Christian suggests that, often no one wants to hear anything else they have to say.

Upvote 0

pescador

Wise old man
Site Supporter
Nov 29, 2011
✟498,844.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Democrat
My question is why people are taught that all their past, present and future WILLFUL sins are under the blood. How many teach the power of the Spirit? They just teach a misleading teaching that we are under a different grace than we are actually under. One where God winks at sin. Wrong! Grace is the power of God not to sin - we are dead to sin. (I felt when that happened to me in 1977)

BTW, I was saved in 1977! I was healed in the hospital by Jesus and was given my prayer language a day later. We began attending a local Pentecostal church and still have friends from there to this day.

I totally agree with you about the power of the Spirit. People talk about sin and works ad infinitum instead of living by the power of the Holy Spirit.

Upvote 0

OrthodoxyUSA

Site Supporter
Jul 6, 2004
Tupelo, MS
Visit site
✟142,274.00
Country
United States
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
OrthodoxyUSA,

Okay, I am a bit surprised. I thought that someone who is Eastern Orthodox would claim someone who Eusebius named as an early bishop of Antioch who was associated with John and Polycarp.

Is that right. What was the name again? Ill go check the bishopric at Antioch.

Forgive me...

Upvote 0

1stcenturylady

Spirit-filled follower of Christ
Site Supporter
Feb 13, 2017
Tennessee
✟431,122.00
Country
United States
Faith
Charismatic
Marital Status
Celibate
Politics
US-Republican
BTW, I was saved in 1977! I was healed in the hospital by Jesus and was given my prayer language a day later. We began attending a local Pentecostal church and still have friends from there to this day.

I totally agree with you about the power of the Spirit. People talk about sin and works ad infinitum instead of living by the power of the Holy Spirit.

Go add your testimony to the new thread The Answer.

Upvote 0