Osceola
✟7,740.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
In Relationship
This is my first post, I am new here! I need some advice/insight. My boyfriend and I have been together for a little over a year. He's a great man, probably the best I've ever met. I have a hard time letting anyone in, especially love, so there have been some rocky moments. I have anxiety, so I often overthink everything and question everything a million times. A few months ago, I had a dream that I received a text message saying (in all caps) "DON'T DATE HIM." I woke up in a panic and wondered if that was a warning. I don't recall any other details of that dream, other than the color green of the text bubble and black lettering. A friend of mine said it could have been the enemy trying to get to me. I'm conflicted. Maybe it meant nothing, but I worry that it was a warning from God. I mean, my bf and I have disagreements and argue, but don't all couples? Aside from that, he's a wonderful, kind and loving man. I've never had a man love me before. Does anyone have any insight on this? Thanks, in advance!

Saucy

King of CF
Site Supporter
Jul 5, 2005
Michigan
✟837,521.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Republican
I don't particularly think a dream an indicator for anything. If God was going to warn you about not dating him, He wouldn't have waited until a year in. If you can objectively (and not while you're feeling all lovey dovey and thinking he can do no wrong) look at him and not get any red flags, then that's okay. Sometimes dreams just reflect emotions you might've been having at the time, so some of your angst just bled into your dream.

But, also pray and ask that He clarify the dream just in case it was a message.

Upvote 0

SnowyMacie

Apr 12, 2011
North Texas
✟118,149.00
Country
United States
Faith
Anglican
Marital Status
In Relationship
This is my first post, I am new here! I need some advice/insight. My boyfriend and I have been together for a little over a year. He's a great man, probably the best I've ever met. I have a hard time letting anyone in, especially love, so there have been some rocky moments. I have anxiety, so I often overthink everything and question everything a million times. A few months ago, I had a dream that I received a text message saying (in all caps) "DON'T DATE HIM." I woke up in a panic and wondered if that was a warning. I don't recall any other details of that dream, other than the color green of the text bubble and black lettering. A friend of mine said it could have been the enemy trying to get to me. I'm conflicted. Maybe it meant nothing, but I worry that it was a warning from God. I mean, my bf and I have disagreements and argue, but don't all couples? Aside from that, he's a wonderful, kind and loving man. I've never had a man love me before. Does anyone have any insight on this? Thanks, in advance!

Dreams don't necessarily mean anything, they're ultimately just the result of the random firing of neurons. There's numerous factors that determine our dream content stress, sleep patterns, sleep depravity, food, concerns and events within your own life. Sometimes yes, your dreams are a reflection and symbolic of what is going on in our lives. However, other times it is just random nonsense, and I think, most times it's a mix.

I can't necessarily saw why you dreamed that from the few details you gave, but if you gave me more details about stuff going on that day and stuff I could. I do agree with what Saucy said I think it's seems very odd that God would warn you a year would warn you about not dating him a year after you started.

Upvote 0

Hidden In Him

Site Supporter
Jan 7, 2017
Lafayette, LA
✟544,986.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
A few months ago, I had a dream that I received a text message saying (in all caps) "DON'T DATE HIM."

My advice: Seek out God ever more continually about this. With great respect to your previous responders, I do put a lot of stock in dreams as one of the ways the Spirit of God can and often does try to speak to us when some very momentous decision hangs in the balance, either with us personally or with someone around us.

That having been said, it could have been Satan also, as well as a mere manifestation of your subconscious mind as others have said.

I suggest you find out for sure through incessant prayer until He gives you an absolute witness. Marriage is the second most important issue you will deal with in all your life. Make a bad choice here and you could really do yourself and him some real harm for many years to come.

Be encouraged. He will reveal the truth to you if you keep seeking Him, and don't let up until you know for sure.

Upvote 0

Victory-N-Christ

God:Mighty -N-Power!!
Feb 25, 2017
Ga
✟39,955.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Democrat
Hi and welcome to CF.Sometimes dreams do have special meaning and sometimes they don't. From what you've said in your post it just seems like maybe you're having a little anxiety about the relationship.But anyway welcome and I hope you can find better answers than mine.Peace.

Reactions: Hidden In Him
Upvote 0

dayhiker

Mature veteran
Sep 13, 2006
MA
✟220,077.00
Faith
Charismatic
Marital Status
In Relationship
Politics
US-Others
welcome to CF ... from the tenor of our post it seems you had not direct feeling from the dream that this was a massage from God. Feels to me you added that this "message" could be from God after the dream.

The things you say about yourself in your post tend to be on the negative side while ever things you say about your BF are on the positive side. So to me this message comes from I'm not worthy to date this loving guy.

That's the two thoughts I had. Only you know if they are significant.

Upvote 0